Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Sources: Mets eye SS (Baez), LF at deadline

NEW YORK -- The Mets will listen on trade proposals involving Bartolo Colon before the July 31 trade deadline and may ultimately end up dealing the 41-year-old right-hander.

Separately, their wish list in trades includes an upgrade at shortstop over Ruben Tejada and a power-hitting left fielder to join Juan Lagares and Curtis Granderson as the primary outfielders, according to industry sources.

The acquisition of highly regarded prospect Addison Russell in the trade for Jeff Samardzija and Jason Hammel gives the Chicago Cubs a glut of young shortstops. While that ultimately may lead the Cubs to deal Starlin Castro, who is signed through 2019 at salaries that escalate to $11 million, 21-year-old Javier Baez is believed to be a more realistic target for the Mets.

Baez is hitting .240 with 14 homers and 55 RBIs at Triple-A Iowa this season.

The Arizona Diamondbacks have seemed like a natural match for the Mets for a while given their excess shortstops, including Didi Gregorius. However, an industry source believes recently hired Tony La Russa remains in assessment mode and serious deals involving the D-backs may wait until the offseason.

Alderson also is expected to look for takers for outfielders Chris Young and Eric Young Jr. to solve the Metsí outfield glut, if thatís possible.
    http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/met...medium=twitter
    Do it Sandy. Do it Now!

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

vCash
    Nothing but speculation. Less than 0% chance of this happening.

vCash

Sources: Mets eye SS (Baez), LF at deadline

Oops I posted something in the wrong thread

Colon to the Angels for Taylor Lindsey or to the Pirates for Alex Hanson doesn't sound awful.

However, trading for Baez will cost something. Syndegard straight up, Familia + Montero? Mejia? DeGrom? I don't even know.

vCash
    Who do you give up for Baez? Thor?

Maybe if the Orioles soften on a Bundy and cave for Murphy.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NYSPORTS98 View Post

Three way trade? Although I would love to keep Bundy

vCash
    Originally Posted by NYSPORTS98

Quote Originally Posted by Zmaster52 View Post
    Three way trade? Although I would love to keep Bundy
    Actually, since you brought up a 3-way. Dare to speculate? How about?

Murphy from NYM to Baltimore who could use a 2nd baseman
    Bundy from Baltimore to Chicago who needs pitching
    Diaz from Chicago to NY Mets who want a SS

Then you keep Thor. Down the road, maybe then, look towards Colorado for Cargo

vCash
    I'm surprised there isn't a bigger market for Murphy. A lot of contending teams could use a 2B.

vCash
    Originally Posted by NYSPORTS98

Actually, since you brought up a 3-way. Dare to speculate? How about?

Murphy from NYM to Baltimore who could use a 2nd baseman
    Bundy from Baltimore to Chicago who needs pitching
    Diaz from Chicago to NY Mets who want a SS

Then you keep Thor. Down the road, maybe then, look towards Colorado for Cargo
    Yeah. That's exactly what I meant. Bundy is just a top 10 prospect with probably as much potential as Syndegard. If you could somehow hold onto those two and sport a rotation of

Harvey
    Syndegard
    Bundy
    DeGrom
    Wheeler

Or whatever order, that would be insanely beautiful. Of course with Bundy's injury concerns, it may not be wise. So possibly trade Murph, then try to trade Montero, Niese, Gee, etc fora shortstop. As for a hole in 2nd base, Herrera will be up soon and Flores could be tested at the position.

vCash
    The Cubs need pitching and a catcher, I believe anything you trade will include DarNo straight up, DeGromm, or Plawecki plus pitching.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Zmaster52 View Post
    Yeah. That's exactly what I meant. Bundy is just a top 10 prospect with probably as much potential as Syndegard. If you could somehow hold onto those two and sport a rotation of

Harvey
    Syndegard
    Bundy
    DeGrom
    Wheeler

Or whatever order, that would be insanely beautiful. Of course with Bundy's injury concerns, it may not be wise. So possibly trade Murph, then try to trade Montero, Niese, Gee, etc fora shortstop. As for a hole in 2nd base, Herrera will be up soon and Flores could be tested at the position.

I sent Bundy to Chicago in my proposed trade.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    I'm surprised there isn't a bigger market for Murphy. A lot of contending teams could use a 2B.
    San Fran wants him.
    Hence us scouting Crick.

vCash
    Please get Baez, that hr he hit yesterday was impressive.

vCash

I sent Bundy to Chicago in my proposed trade.
    Yeah I should've specified, that's what I meant by a realistic three way trade in which all parties win, I was just expressing my enjoyment if we were to keep Bundy which would be unlikely seeing how Chicago probably wants an ace like pitcher opposed to relievers in Mejia and Familia then opposed to 2nd tier starters like DeGrom and Montero. It would probably be Syndegard/Bundy or bust.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    San Fran wants him.
    Hence us scouting Crick.

Wow, would be nice to land him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    The Cubs need pitching and a catcher, I believe anything you trade will include DarNo straight up, DeGromm, or Plawecki plus pitching.
    You don't think Swcharber will stick at C?

I think they need outfield help more than a catcher.

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast