Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Rockets/Morey after Kevin Love or Rajon Rondo

Marc Stein @ESPNSteinLine
    So look for Rockets to re-enter trade game for longtime Houston target Rajon Rondo as well as try to work their way into mix for Kevin Love

Gotta give Morey credit for being persistent lol. He really thinks the Rockets are going to land another big name and isn't giving up home.

Any Rockets fans want to enlighten us what assets the Rockets have that could possibly land them Rondo or Love?

Morey just keeps finding ways to give Rockets fans hope lol, but no matter how you put it, if they lose Asik/Parsons and Lin for just Ariza, Rockets took a huge step backwards.

vCash
    They better hope they get something

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikeman View Post
    Marc Stein @ESPNSteinLine
    So look for Rockets to re-enter trade game for longtime Houston target Rajon Rondo as well as try to work their way into mix for Kevin Love

Gotta give Morey credit for being persistent lol. He really thinks the Rockets are going to land another big name and isn't giving up home.

Any Rockets fans want to enlighten us what assets the Rockets have that could possibly land them Rondo or Love?

Morey just keeps finding ways to give Rockets fans hope lol, but no matter how you put it, if they lose Asik/Parsons and Lin for just Ariza, Rockets took a huge step backwards.
    Lol yeah, I'm sure T-Wolves would take Alonso Gee, Donatas Motiejunas, Clint Capela and a couple 1sts for Kevin Love....

Not really sure how Rockets intend to acquire him. I would even consider that for Rondo.

vCash
    They could realistically land Rondo. Someone correct me if I'm wrong but HOU has enough cap space to absorb his contract. He makes $12,909,090 this year. Even if they don't, they're close enough where they could send us bit players to make it work.

They also have a trade exception that they could use to take on Brandon Bass. He's not a true stretch 4 with a 3 point shot but he's absolutely money from mid-range. He's also worked himself into a very good defender, both team and individual. He's an expiring contract so there's no long term committment for HOU. They just add a good bench piece on a rental.

HOU gets: Rondo, Bass (absorbed into Lin trade exception)
    BOS gets: 2015 NO 1st rounder, draft rights to Clint Capela OR 2017 HOU 1st round pick, $12.9 mil trade exception (Rondo), $6.9 mil trade exception (Bass)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Haha View Post
    What I feel right now is like the satisfaction you feel when a highly judgmental, moralistic televangelist gets caught screwing a male hooker.
    NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

Trill Team

vCash
    At least they have.. Capspace? Lol they're fking up badly this off season.

vCash
    No chance we have the assets to get Love. Its possible we could get Rondo although he is an awful fit for this team. Our best assets are the N.O. pick, Jones, D-Mo, Capela, actually anyone on the team other than Harden/Howard/Ariza.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hugepatsfan View Post
    They could realistically land Rondo. Someone correct me if I'm wrong but HOU has enough cap space to absorb his contract. He makes $12,909,090 this year. Even if they don't, they're close enough where they could send us bit players to make it work.

They also have a trade exception that they could use to take on Brandon Bass. He's not a true stretch 4 with a 3 point shot but he's absolutely money from mid-range. He's also worked himself into a very good defender, both team and individual. He's an expiring contract so there's no long term committment for HOU. They just add a good bench piece on a rental.

BOS gets: 2015 NO 1st rounder, draft rights to Clint Capela OR 2017 HOU 1st round pick, $12.9 mil trade exception (Rondo), $6.9 mil trade exception (Bass)
    Are you living in moreys mind too? Why the hell would Boston take that offer? The best thing Houston could've done is sign and trade parsons to Boston, but they ****ed that scenario.

vCash
    Rondo for this team is God awful. Doesn't even make sense to have two ball dominating guards. Rondo is perfect for OKC but not for HOU. Rockets really need a stretch 4 and if they are looking for Love, clearly they can't afford him unless they give up some valuable pieces. Wolves are better off trading with Cleveland than Rockets.

But damn.. HOU went from a potential line-up of:

C: Howard
    PF: Bosh
    SF: Parsons
    SG: Harden
    PG: Beverley

to

PF: ?
    SF: Ariza

Must be a blow for them.

vCash

You can't use a trade exception that way. Has to be a straight up deal.

Also, HOU is at 56.8 in salary right now. They have a team option they can decline on Alonso Gee to get them to around 10M under which would be enough to take on Rondo's salary.

I just don't see what assets they have that would appease Boston.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by houstonfan View Post
    No chance we have the assets to get Love. Its possible we could get Rondo although he is an awful fit for this team. Our best assets are the N.O. pick, Jones, D-Mo, Capela, actually anyone on the team other than Harden/Howard/Ariza.
    I really don't think Rondo is a bad fit for you guys. Harden would have to adjust to playng off the ball more but he can IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Haha View Post
    What I feel right now is like the satisfaction you feel when a highly judgmental, moralistic televangelist gets caught screwing a male hooker.
    NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

Trill Team

vCash
    Houston could make a compelling offer for Rondo if they make Patrick Beverley available, but the question is why would Houston want Rondo? He really doesn't fit what they want to do. He can't shoot, he's moody and he's ball-dominant. I'd much rather have a point guard who's comfortable off the ball and can shoot, like Goran Dragic. Hell, I'd even rather work some cap magic and make a run at Deron Williams. Rondo doesn't really make sense. I get the idea of acquiring assets, but at a certain point you have to make sure they can play together.
    We're better than you
    And we know it

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FlashBolt View Post
    Rondo for this team is God awful. Doesn't even make sense to have two ball dominating guards. Rondo is perfect for OKC but not for HOU. Rockets really need a stretch 4 and if they are looking for Love, clearly they can't afford him unless they give up some valuable pieces. Wolves are better off trading with Cleveland than Rockets.

But damn.. HOU went from a potential line-up of:

PF: Bosh
    SF: Parsons

to

PF: ?
    SF: Ariza

Must be a blow for them.
    Terrence Jones... You really don't even know their PF? You have no right to be commenting on this team.

vCash
    I really don't think Rondo is a bad fit for you guys. Harden would have to adjust to playng off the ball more but he can IMO.
    Ya i think thats where we will disagree. Harden has never been good off the ball. Its possible he could get better but I wouldve loved to have a point guard that can spot up well and create when he has to like a Kyle Lowry.

vCash
    i like love for the rockets but rondo is a very ball dominant pg. However..... harden played next to .. westbrook so i think he could make it work. Best thing to do with howard is to surround him with great outside shooters , but rondo isnt very efficient from the field

vCash
    Pretty sure if Ainge ever decides to trade Rondo he can do better than Houston's scraps. And Flip already turned down Klay and David Lee, picks for Love, also better.

It's a pipe dream. Best trade asset they had now wears a Maverick jersey.

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast