Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 24 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 346
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    GO NY GO NY GO!!
    Posts
    16,773
    vCash
    1500

    Carmelo Anthony Thread Part V [Will Re-Sign with the New York Knicks]

    A few years ago I dreamed of coming back to New York City, the place of my birth, and on February 23, 2011 that became a reality. This organization has supported me and in return, I want to stay and build here with this city and my team. At this pivotal juncture in my career, I owed it to myself and my family to explore all of the options available to me. Through it all, my heart never wavered.

    During this journey I met with some quality organizations who have amazing talent and leadership. I thank them for their consideration, belief in my talent, and opportunity to imagine the possibilities.

    I will always remember this chapter in my life. In the end, I am a New York Knick at heart. I am looking forward to continuing my career in Orange & Blue and to work with Phil Jackson, a champion who builds championship teams. Madison Square Garden is the mecca of basketball and I am surrounded by the greatest fans in the world.
    http://www.thisismelo.com/

    Ian Begley @IanBegley
    Sources: Carmelo Anthony's contract w/#Knicks is for $124 million over 5 years. Starts at $22.5 million. Early termination option in Year 5.


    Marc Stein @ESPNSteinLine about 14 minutes ago
    Official Melo contract numbers via ESPN sources: $22,458,401, $22,875,000, $24,559,380, $26,243,760, $27,928,140. Total: $124,064,681
    Last edited by Weezy; 07-16-2014 at 03:28 PM.


  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    5,146
    vCash
    1500
    Bullys back why the drama of th eactual numbers of the deal. I can see it be less then reported. We should invite all the bulls fans here that thought that melo was on the bulls already.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    GO NY GO NY GO!!
    Posts
    16,773
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by BklynKnicks3 View Post
    Bullys back why the drama of th eactual numbers of the deal. I can see it be less then reported. We should invite all the bulls fans here that thought that melo was on the bulls already.
    Remember the Woj article saying Melo is leaning toward leaving? I won't lie, I'll it got me a little worried.


  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    5,146
    vCash
    1500
    melo would have got killed if he left my his own city he didnt want that knowin what lbj went throught thats why i knew he was never leaving he actually kept his word everything he said in every interview. Said he wants to see his option in free agency and he doesnt want to leave the Knicks . He also said he would take a pay cut thats 3-3 in my book Sure they pay cut is small but when has a prime superstar left big money on the table? I understand he wanted that ego stroke because he takes a lot of heat which is undeserved from fans media. Now that he a free agent that same media spends half their show talkin about it and fans that bash him drool over the possibility of him joining their team. Why does everybody want this chucker? Lets see espn rate him 17th again so we can laugh this man is now worse the the 3rd best player in the NBA

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    4,339
    vCash
    1500
    ommy Beer ‏@TommyBeer 1m
    Based on current info, Melo’s likely annual salary structure:
    2014-15 season: $22.5 MM
    15-16: $22.5
    16-17: $24.2
    17-18: $25.9
    18-19: $27.6


    Just like I thought seemed like that is what it is going to be!!

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    16,694
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by jesse View Post
    its an individual stat, ignoring the concept of team, standing on its own, it means nothing
    Uh, no. If you wanna bash the stat, then first learn how it's calculated.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    1,854
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by BklynKnicks3 View Post
    Bullys back why the drama of th eactual numbers of the deal. I can see it be less then reported. We should invite all the bulls fans here that thought that melo was on the bulls already.
    They were saying Phil will be forced to take Boozer and second round picks.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    The Murder Capital
    Posts
    11,122
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by roshan3ai View Post
    Uh, no. If you wanna bash the stat, then first learn how it's calculated.
    This. Its a great tool to evaluate a player. That said, I am sick of this Lin garbage. He is an average player at best . He was a bad contract. I don't want to hear about us making the playoffs if he were on our team last year. Felton was the worst PG in the league and we missed the 8th seed by a game or two. A nutless monkey would have put us in the playoffs... anyone besides Felton and we are in.

    Who cares, so we make it and get knocked out early? What about the 2013 run we had which was our best since Houston and Spree? I don't understand what people are arguing here. Lin is anything but an asset right now. Yeah Felton is worse, big ****ing deal lol. How does Lin help the current team or our future? He doesn't. Also, like it or not Felton was apart of the Chandler trade. That trade looks like a rape job IMO. Its not like we had trouble moving his contract.

    I can't believe people are still butt hurt over that scrub. Any news on the contract details?
    Last edited by Dmagic87; 07-14-2014 at 11:37 AM.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    The Murder Capital
    Posts
    11,122
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Weezy View Post
    Remember the Woj article saying Melo is leaning toward leaving? I won't lie, I'll it got me a little worried.
    I still think we are better off long term without him if he signs for this type of money we are hearing. I love the guy and I think he is about the 8th-12th best player in the league but its too much money IMO. But its Phil Jackson so obviously I have to trust him. Phil's mind > mine

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    LI-NY
    Posts
    23,442
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by roshan3ai:28790795
    Quote Originally Posted by jesse View Post
    its an individual stat, ignoring the concept of team, standing on its own, it means nothing
    Uh, no. If you wanna bash the stat, then first learn how it's calculated.
    I do know how its calculated and if anything its skewed to heavily based on team success. Way too many outliers for me to start jump in for joy.

    The notion that there will one day be a baseball-esque way to evaluate a player with an all-encompassing stat is selling the game short. Too much synergy within teammates that cannot be properly evaluated by a number in basketball. You cant properly isolate the individual and you never will be able to.
    The value of elite scoring ability, by Phil Jackson:

    "This is a guy, we recognize his talent, and his skill is the kind of skill and talent that gets you through playoff games where things get sticky, grind-out, and basketball becomes a force game and suddenly you need to have a player who has the capabilities of scoring with someone hanging on them in a situation that’s critical. He’s one of those players, one of the few players who can do that.”

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    GO NY GO NY GO!!
    Posts
    16,773
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Dmagic87 View Post
    This. Its a great tool to evaluate a player. That said, I am sick of this Lin garbage. He is an average player at best . He was a bad contract. I don't want to hear about us making the playoffs if he were on our team last year. Felton was the worst PG in the league and we missed the 8th seed by a game or two. A nutless monkey would have put us in the playoffs... anyone besides Felton and we are in.

    Who cares, so we make it and get knocked out early? What about the 2013 run we had which was our best since Houston and Spree? I don't understand what people are arguing here. Lin is anything but an asset right now. Yeah Felton is worse, big ****ing deal lol. How does Lin help the current team or our future? He doesn't. Also, like it or not Felton was apart of the Chandler trade. That trade looks like a rape job IMO. Its not like we had trouble moving his contract.

    I can't believe people are still butt hurt over that scrub. Any news on the contract details?
    Check out bofakop's post. I believe that is the latest I am seeing also. Nothing official has been released yet though. All we know is what Phil said about agreeing with the deal. Everything else is just guessing....


  12. #12
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    GO NY GO NY GO!!
    Posts
    16,773
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by IDunknown View Post
    They were saying Phil will be forced to take Boozer and second round picks.
    Just a complete joke. I can't believe that was even a thought. It's actually not even a thought, it's just trash.


  13. #13
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    LI-NY
    Posts
    23,442
    vCash
    1500
    Also, crying ignorance instead of providing a rebuttal is lame. I have posted numerous articles in the NBA forum by statisticians, one who is employed by the Cavs, who agree with and support everything I stated. Before crying ignorance maybe you should explore the other side of the fence first. It shouldn't take a rocket scientist to recognize you cant isolate the individual in a game as dynamic as basketball no matter how many square roots you throw into your math formula. Aint baseball and never will be. Some people will eat up anything some dude with a Harvard degree spits out there.
    The value of elite scoring ability, by Phil Jackson:

    "This is a guy, we recognize his talent, and his skill is the kind of skill and talent that gets you through playoff games where things get sticky, grind-out, and basketball becomes a force game and suddenly you need to have a player who has the capabilities of scoring with someone hanging on them in a situation that’s critical. He’s one of those players, one of the few players who can do that.”

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    4,877
    vCash
    1500
    Are we there yet?

    Oh wait, still no contract details...
    J.R. Smith: "They were pretty much scoring at will. Especially my guy. I don't know what the hell I was doing on defense."

    Raymond Felton : "The play was give the ball to Melo."

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    5,146
    vCash
    1500

    Carmelo Anthony Thread Part V [Will Re-Sign with the New York Knicks]

    Bullive melo leaning to Chicago

Page 1 of 24 12311 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •