Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

A Dino w/ a chip on his shoulder

Chris Bosh thinks Miami Heat will beat the Cleveland Cavaliers:

"Of course, we're going to win it. And let me tell you something, nothing's going to change. If anything, I'm going to have a bigger chip on my shoulder. Maybe people in Miami really don't know that side of me, but I want something more than just to compete. I believe in our ability, no matter who I'm playing with. You ask me 10 times, 10 times I'll say yes."

"I can't lie to you: I'm excited. I'm excited for the challenge," Bosh said during a break from NBA Africa duties. "I want to step up to the challenge. I feel this is a chance to prove to myself and others that I can still do this.

"I want to see if I can do what's necessary to go in there and win every night. That's the challenge of being a leader. It excites me. It's been a long time and I feel like I'm a much better player and a leader now, so it'll be fun."

"We have so much chemistry," Bosh said. "We'll just be continuing without LeBron. It's starting a different chapter. It's exciting. I think it should be motivation for everybody to step up to the plate. We're fortunate enough to have some of the same guys. We should be able to say, 'Hey, we can come out here and compete no matter what happens.'"

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/2014/07/1...#storylink=cpy
    The article also stated how it was a shock when Lebron announced he would be singing with the Cavs. A revealing reaction very similar to how Lebrons Cavs team mates would have felt in 2010. James is quite enthusiastic & communicative w/ his 'boys' when it's time to join forces & form the Big 3.....but when it comes to having courtesy & conveying his desire to depart he seems to lose the brotherhood mentality & treat his friends like strangers.

It's good the shock/betrayal translates to determination & playing with a bigger purpose for Bosh. Hopefully it does too for Wade & we see a glimpse of this beast:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mhSRSICfbu4

From what i've been reading & Riley bringing back alot of the core players, most have that same chip on their shoulders. It will be interesting how this will all transpire & translate to the chemistry & relationship of this team & players. Lebron & the Cavs will now be a big target & cannot wait for the first meeting & especially the first meeting on Heats floor. One things for sure Lebron dropping them like an ex girlfriend will light the fire in their belly this entire season. I also like the doubting & nay sayers.....this essentially puts Miami & Wade back to their natural status as true underdogs! Go Heat!

"A lot of basketball players today are overpaid & it influences their game & work ethics in a negative way. They've been given things they haven't earned and I think the game has been cheated." - Michael Jordan

"Without honor winning holds no value. When one lacks true virtues, victory becomes empty & the unethical triumphs." - B. Modigliani

#LoyaltyOverRoyalty

vCash
    Cant waittt! Go heat!

vCash
    As they are constructed right now, with a little innovation I can see them top 4 seed in the East. Of course they need to start off by winning there division.

And Beasley needs a bigger role.

Enjoy Haters
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQkyxNNNefg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ImlKH...eature=related

Quote Originally Posted by IKnowHoops View Post
    As a rookie Micheal Beasley averaged 13.9pts per game on .472 shooting. Do you know how many times Kobe Bryant or Tracy Mcgrady shot at that percent or better? Never in there whole careers. If Beas can be what he was when he was a rookie (he won't hell be better) then the heat are coming away with another steal.

vCash
    Man I so wish Wade would dedicate the whole summer under Grover like he did back in 2008. That was the last time I felt he really really really took it serious and worked on his body. I remember just before the season started, Grover guaranteed Wade will have the greatest season of his career and it was no surprise. LeBron leaving should put a chip on Wade's shoulder moreso than Bosh's. It looks like ever since 2010 he took it easy basically having fun throughout the summer and came in to the season not in absolute condition. Any chance he goes to Germany to get that Kobe treatment and/or spends the summer under Grover? I am not talking about spending just a week with Grover. He has to basically forget everything and dedicate the whole summer on his body and jump shooting.

What we heard from Bosh here, is what I want to hear from Wade. He needs to take it serious and prove himself to world again.

vCash
    Agree with although he wont be that '09 wade though. At least be more healthy and improve his j more. As for bosh, i'm excited for him. Since reading an article regarding bosh and heat last 2009, i always wanted to see him play with wade in a heat uniform. Let's just hope that everybody is healthy.

vCash
    a dino with a chip on his shoulder? lol on the title .. but i agree , i think we have a chance of beating the cavs in the playoffs .. of course lebron will be a big problem but he has a team that is young and inexperience so i think we have a chance ..lets go heat !!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by flashwade03 View Post
    a dino with a chip on his shoulder? lol on the title .. but i agree , i think we have a chance of beating the cavs in the playoffs .. of course lebron will be a big problem but he has a team that is young and inexperience so i think we have a chance ..lets go heat !!!
    While we won't stop Lebron I think we already have some quality pieces who can take shifts checking Lebron in spurts.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by naps View Post
    Man I so wish Wade would dedicate the whole summer under Grover like he did back in 2008. That was the last time I felt he really really really took it serious and worked on his body. I remember just before the season started, Grover guaranteed Wade will have the greatest season of his career and it was no surprise. LeBron leaving should put a chip on Wade's shoulder moreso than Bosh's. It looks like ever since 2010 he took it easy basically having fun throughout the summer and came in to the season not in absolute condition. Any chance he goes to Germany to get that Kobe treatment and/or spends the summer under Grover? I am not talking about spending just a week with Grover. He has to basically forget everything and dedicate the whole summer on his body and jump shooting.

What we heard from Bosh here, is what I want to hear from Wade. He needs to take it serious and prove himself to world again.
    I'm highly anticipating the next interview from Wade. I agree w/ everything you've said. He needs to focus and be fully determined to not let his knees hinder his game - he has at the very least 2 more big seasons in him. He needs to dedicate himself the next couple of years, before the wear & tear becomes too much. Having the 2008 offseason approach would be great. Train w/ Grover, shave that head even, be angry - because the whole world has shunned this guy and the doubters are even more so now than in any other year throughout his career. I'm hoping, too, Lebron bolting on him has an impact and effect on him.

Wade was lazy the last 4 seasons. Having Lebron it seems he was there for the ride and took it for granted having 2 all stars w/ him. He was lazy on defense and because he didn't have to do even twice as much on offense like he's used to prior to 2010 the Big 3 even had a negative impact on his offense. Wade shines best as a go to guy and #1 option. He sacrificed too much of himself and his game to accommodate Lebrons ball dominance. Away w/ that now and it's time Wade reverts back to Flash. But can he? will his knees hold up? It will be interesting how he approaches this offseason.

"A lot of basketball players today are overpaid & it influences their game & work ethics in a negative way. They've been given things they haven't earned and I think the game has been cheated." - Michael Jordan

"Without honor winning holds no value. When one lacks true virtues, victory becomes empty & the unethical triumphs." - B. Modigliani

#LoyaltyOverRoyalty

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dade County View Post
    As they are constructed right now, with a little innovation I can see them top 4 seed in the East. Of course they need to start off by winning there division.

And Beasley needs a bigger role.
    Lebron makes them at the very least top 5. I think it will be tough for the Cavs to make it out of their own division, let alone the East. Chicago, granted Rose is at the very least 85% himself and is healthy, could beat this current Cavs roster. Apart from Lebron & Sideshow they lack experience and that goes a long way in the playoffs. They also have the Pacers who have gained even more playoff experience and i think will have a better playoffs after the inconsistency last season. Cavs will not have an easy ride, spite of all the #1 picks they currently own.

I'll have a different opinion if they acquire Love. I really hope they don't.

#LoyaltyOverRoyalty

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jemikz9Clutch View Post
    Agree with although he wont be that '09 wade though. At least be more healthy and improve his j more. As for bosh, i'm excited for him. Since reading an article regarding bosh and heat last 2009, i always wanted to see him play with wade in a heat uniform. Let's just hope that everybody is healthy.
    I think that is key! If he improves/sharpens his jumpers Wade could be a totally different beast. Wade is a 'will' sort of player. He has tremendous will power w/ his determination. His skills allows that will to translate to buckets. He has that switch and can pour them in when he is angered or determined. But now that he is older & has chronic knee problems he can't solely rely on will alone. He must improve, then sharpen his j's - exactly like Jordan & Kobe did. This allowed both Jordan & Kobe to extend their careers as defense and age became a factor. Wade MUST do the same for the sake of longevity and being able to still be lethal and effective. Everything hangs on Wade's mentality right now. Hopefully we see alot of determination. He has 3 ships, obviously that puts out some fire. Wade is key here, he is the heart & soul of Miami & If he can't rekindle that flame i doubt Miami wins another one.

#LoyaltyOverRoyalty

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by flashwade03 View Post
    Kumusta Pare

Having a young cast will not bode well for Lebron. Inexperience in the playoffs will prove to be their downfall. I doubt they even make ECF. But again, if they land Love.....could be a different story. Still a long offseason and could still see alot of movement.

#LoyaltyOverRoyalty

vCash

vCash
    Well in his letter he did said that he knows h cant win it all this year so... i guess that's good for us.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mambo Kings View Post
    'Amare plays no defense, so we need to get Chris Bosh.
    Boozer is a loser, let's go get Chris Bosh'

lmao

#LoyaltyOverRoyalty

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jemikz9Clutch View Post
    Well in his letter he did said that he knows h cant win it all this year so... i guess that's good for us.
    i haven't read that letter. I find it hard to believe a word he says. He's disingenuous, hypocritical and can never trust anything he says.

He's right though, he's not winning anything this year.

#LoyaltyOverRoyalty

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast