Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pagan

vCash

Pagan

Heard on knbr today (from Andrew baggerly ?) that pagans back injury is the type of injury that could require a minor surgery if it doesn't stop hurting. Or if pagan decides its not worth trying and just does the surgery. It's possible he could be out for a while if it doesn't subside. Maybe we should pick up a cf that can lead off for insurance.

vCash
    Yup. Another need to second base, bullpen, and bench. They really need to find someone who can hit lead off, whether that comes from a second baseman or center fielder, it doesn't matter. Because they need to move Pence, for as good as he's been in the leadoff spot, to 5th since it really goes down hill after Posey right now.

vCash
    I don't think anybody expects Pagan to be making a speedy recovery anytime soon, especially with his history.

Frustrating how fragile the guy is. If it's not his hamstring, it's his knee. If it's not his knee, it's his back. The guy is just such a ****ing pansy. Not saying his injuries aren't legit, but it's just completely tiresome.

Which sucks because when he does play he is productive, and it's not easy to replace that as we've seen with Blanco the last two years (Who while OK last year has been terrible this year, and regardless is not as good as Pagan).

vCash
    I wouldn't call him a pansy. I'm sure he wants to play, but his body isn't holding up.

vCash
    Denorfia isn't having a good season, but because of it, he may come a bit cheaper than usual. Maybe you risk it and hope he can turn things around and hit like he had the past three seasons. Or acquire Ichiro. He is having a good season, but who knows if he can play center at this stage in his career. Leonys Martin? David Dejesus (but he's signed on for next year as well). Unfortunately, the market for center fielders isn't very good.
    Last edited by SFrush90; 07-14-2014 at 03:42 AM.

vCash
    Not maybe, the Giants absolutely need to pick up a leadoff hitter if they're going to compete. At this point, there's no reason to expect Pagan to come back at all. He doesn't seem to be making any progress.

vCash
    The way the Giants deal with injuries is so frustrating. Instead of taking charge of the injury and making decisions they wait around and hope that the player recovers.

vCash
    There it is again, hope like hell.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by timmyd1924 View Post
    The way the Giants deal with injuries is so frustrating. Instead of taking charge of the injury and making decisions they wait around and hope that the player recovers.
    It's not like it's hard to figure out why though. With such a crappy minor league system, they don't have anybody worth a damn to call up. Plus, I imagine it's a lot tougher to trade for a guy when every GM in the league knows your guy is hurt worse than you're letting everyone know and you have no options outside if trade market.

vCash
    Its not just mid season though. Like when freddy was hurt and we started the season with Culberson or when they knew Scutaro would be hurt and what did he do to get us a second baseman.

vCash
    Tyler Colvin is better than all the names that have been mentioned so far in this thread. People keep saying he doesn't have the range to handle CF at AT&T but I don't see it. He gets great jumps on balls and doesn't seem to have a problem wherever we put him. If Pagan does need surgery, then the Giants can look for an upgrade but for now CF is not a pressing need.

Would you trust a blind scout? Of course you wouldn't but that's what you do when you simply go by stats

Some do not understand the ignore list.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by timmyd1924 View Post
    Its not just mid season though. Like when freddy was hurt and we started the season with Culberson or when they knew Scutaro would be hurt and what did he do to get us a second baseman.
    Don't be silly, he brought in Adrianza and Hicks for Scutaro's absence, and it worked flawlessly...for a few weeks.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by otatop View Post
    Don't be silly, he brought in Adrianza and Hicks for Scutaro's absence, and it worked flawlessly...for a few weeks.
    Actually, I think that Adrianza was on the opening day roster because he was out of options and the Giants didn't want to lose him for nothing. They are hoping that he can hit decently (or a backup IF) and will become the new Arias (backup 2B & SS).

Hicks was definitely brought up because of Scutaro.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SFrush90 View Post
    Denorfia isn't having a good season, but because of it, he may come a bit cheaper than usual. Maybe you risk it and hope he can turn things around and hit like he had the past three seasons. Or acquire Ichiro. He is having a good season, but who knows if he can play center at this stage in his career. Leonys Martin? David Dejesus (but he's signed on for next year as well). Unfortunately, the market for center fielders isn't very good.
    if you go with an ichiro, i wonder how pence would do in center. he's got the speed to cover center and pretty much plays right/center anyway. i totally agree, tho, that they need to get him out of the top of the order. his bat belongs in the middle. he's an rbi guy...whats the point of him getting on base when there's nobody to drive him in. but then again, how can he drive in runs when the top of the order doesnt get on base. i dont even like belt hitting in the 2 spot. he's just striking out too much. i'd rather have crawford at the top of the order, but lately his been stinking it up. but at least he takes pitches.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by d1nger View Post
    if you go with an ichiro, i wonder how pence would do in center. he's got the speed to cover center and pretty much plays right/center anyway. i totally agree, tho, that they need to get him out of the top of the order. his bat belongs in the middle. he's an rbi guy...whats the point of him getting on base when there's nobody to drive him in. but then again, how can he drive in runs when the top of the order doesnt get on base. i dont even like belt hitting in the 2 spot. he's just striking out too much. i'd rather have crawford at the top of the order, but lately his been stinking it up. but at least he takes pitches.
    Belt is a good option at second though. He does strike out more than you'd like from that spot, but he also can take a walk, and not to mention is good at getting on base (obviously he's struggled since coming back, but he has the tools that you'd want from a hitter in that spot).

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast