Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Thread: Evander Kane

vCash

Evander Kane

Evander Kane hasnít exactly snuffed out the trade rumours swirling around him.

In fact, based on an interview he conducted with The Team 1040 radio station in Vancouver, it could be said he doused them with gasoline instead.

The subject of speculation for most of his days as a Winnipeg Jet, and especially leading up to last monthís draft, Kane was asked by the radio station today if he wanted to remain with the team. And his response was very vague.

Hereís the exchange:

Host: Evander do you want to play for the Winnipeg Jets anymore?

Kane: Well, I think I'm a Winnipeg Jet right now, and, you know, there's been speculation and rumors the three years since I got there. So, you know, we'll see what happens and we'll carry on as if I'm a Winnipeg Jet.

Host: Thereís not a yes in there, and some Jets fans might say, why doesnít he want to play for us? Or why isnít he absolutely fully on board for playing for us?... youíre shaking your finger at me.

Kane: Iím training hard and getting ready for this season, and last summer I didnít have a full year of training due to some surgery I had, so I found it really important for me to start training early and get myself in the best shape possible for this season. So thatís my focus."

Kane, who doesnít turn 23 until next month, had 19 goals and 22 assists in 63 games for the Jets last year and has 99 goals since turning pro in 2009-10. He has four years left on his contract with the Jets with an annual salary of $6 million.
    http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/spo...266298211.html

Should the Canucks pursue? They certainly have a good crop of prospects now plus they could include picks + roster players like Lack/Burrows.
    So Anna, what do you think about the notion that Russell Wilson is better than Andrew Luck?

<3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck
    "Luck has the most diverse skill set of any NFL quarterback" - Ron Jaworski on Andrew Luck being a top 5 QB

vCash
    I'm hoping that Benning takes a run at Kane. Looking at the depth chart the Canucks don't have much after the Sedins abd Vrbata. The rest of the conference has added big pieces and I'm not sure the Canucks will do well enough to stay with the pack. Adding Miller was a good plan, as I expect the Canucks to face a lot of shots this year, they'll need solid goaltending.

If WPG trades Kane, they will want a lot in return, possibly Lack, Horvat and a 1st, or something like that. ?? The bonus is, Kane is still young, he's from BC, played here with the Giants, he would be a fan favourite, and provide that secondary scoring, bolster the PP.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NUCK-U View Post
    I'm hoping that Benning takes a run at Kane. Looking at the depth chart the Canucks don't have much after the Sedins abd Vrbata. The rest of the conference has added big pieces and I'm not sure the Canucks will do well enough to stay with the pack. Adding Miller was a good plan, as I expect the Canucks to face a lot of shots this year, they'll need solid goaltending.

If WPG trades Kane, they will want a lot in return, possibly Lack, Horvat and a 1st, or something like that. ?? The bonus is, Kane is still young, he's from BC, played here with the Giants, he would be a fan favourite, and provide that secondary scoring, bolster the PP.
    I would trade anyone in the system except Horvat. Lack/1st/Gaunce/Tanev/Corrado... any of em should be available. Not Horvat tho. He's our 2LC of the future.
    So Anna, what do you think about the notion that Russell Wilson is better than Andrew Luck?

<3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck
    "Luck has the most diverse skill set of any NFL quarterback" - Ron Jaworski on Andrew Luck being a top 5 QB