Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Where's the market for Eric Bledsoe and Greg Monroe?

Interesting that we haven't gotten any news of offers being sent their way.

Where do you think they wind up? Or are they back on 1 year deals?

vCash
    Hopefully the Rockets offer Monroe a deal!

vCash
    Waiting for Ainge to come out of left field with a Rondo/Bledsoe swap out of his ***. Like a 4 team 15 player salary cap technicality ridden mess of a deal...

vCash
    bcuz both teams will match any offer that's why we are not hearing anything

Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86 View Post
    Jared Dudley>>>>>>Melo.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rockets-fan View Post
    Monroe and Dwight won't get along.

vCash
    Basically their last minute offers to make the pistons and suns over pay. Just like the suns did with eric gordon and pelicans.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by P&GRealist View Post
    Monroe and Dwight won't get along.

vCash
    I'm not sure Sarver would match Bledsoe getting a max

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shep33 View Post
    Interesting that we haven't gotten any news of offers being sent their way.

Where do you think they wind up? Or are they back on 1 year deals?
    I would love to see big name restricted free agents play on qualifying offers, so they'll be unrestricted in a year. It's a much better situation for players, and after two or three do it and go to teams they want, a good portion of future players will as well. Restricted free agency is stacked against everyone but the highest paid guys.

vCash
    that wouldnt work,dwight needs a stretch 4 next to him

vCash
    Rockets should try to pry away Bledsoe from the Suns. they have the cap space to do it. maybe a sign and trade with Houston then Suns can be more of a conventional team if they signed Stephenson.

btw Thomas just signed with Phoenix right?
    Last edited by eternal slumber; 07-14-2014 at 02:28 AM.
    CALVIN ABUEVA

BEAST MODE: ON

vCash
    Eric Bledsoe will almost 100% be back and be on a super team with the suns as they have one of the deepest back courts in the nba!

Based on the moves the Pistons have done so far and especially today, they are operating on the belief that Monroe will most likely not be back. They got Butler today to add to the depth at the small forward so they essentially have Kyle Singler, Caron Butler and Cartier Martin who are all capable of logging minutes at the small forward position and with Jodie Meeks and KWP at the 2 along with augustin, jennings and bynum at point guard their roster is nearly full.

Stan Van Gundy has always liked running with a smaller power forward at the helm and someone that can stretch the floor for the team. I don't know if many notice the pistons team, but they are looking very similar to the orlando magic that had dwight howard. Drummond is a young Howard if you wanna draw the comparisons and then Smith at the 4 is a nice fit for van gundy's system followed by 3 point shooters like singler, kwp, butler and meeks along with jennings and augustin at point guard.
    So I think Greg Monroe ends up on a team like the Celtics, Hawks, Suns, Rockets and Blazers.

First of all, the Celtics are focused on Kevin Love and already have some young big men that they probably want to play instead of Monroe, however monroe and rondo would be a nice fit but I just don't see that happening.

The Hawks can give him a good offer but monroe with horford and millsap doesn't sound like a good fit either as they would have 3 starters unless milssap can play small forward which I think won't happen in budenheizers offense.

The Suns are an intriguing possibility as he would be a nice compliment to dragic and bledsoe as he would sky rocket this team to the middle-top of the west but the suns are focused on bledsoe right now and Monroe might be too expensive and might not even fit in that uptempo offense so you can cross this team off too.

Then you have the Blazers and Rockets who sound like the most likely options for Monroe. The Rockets missed out on Bosh and Melo and for that they lost Parsons as well. Now they got Ariza as a "replacement" but that isn't close to what Parsons and Bosh had the potential to give houston. So people might think Houston will go out there and get monroe but that is an awful fit for this team as monroe proved to not work well with drummond in detroit and wouldn't work well with howard as both howard and drummond play the same. The Rockets probably don't want to spend a lot right now and will play out this season with what they got so that way they will have a ton of cap space for next offseason to go after a key free agent.

So then comes the Blazers who can't sign Monroe right out of the market but a sign and trade is a possibility. The Blazers have always been interested in upgrading at center as they went after Roy Hibbert and even went after Monroe in the past year so I can see them working out a sign and trade with the Pistons that sends Robin Lopez along with someone like Victor Claver and a draft pick for Greg Monroe.
    Now I don't know how well of a fit Monroe with Aldridge would be but it would be a nice upgrade at center that can make the blazers title contenders and make the blazers have the best starting 5 in the NBA.

We will have to see what happens but the market is dry for Monroe and there doesn't seem to be a perfect fit for this young big man so maybe the pistons do end up resigning him or he ends up signing a qualifying 1 year option and become an unrestricted free agent next year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by eternal slumber View Post
    Rockets should try to pry away Bledsoe from the Suns. they have the cap space to do it. maybe a sign and trade with Houston then Suns can be more of a conventional team if they signed Stephenson.

btw Thomas just signed with Phoenix right?
    That would be nice but I don't think the suns want a player with stephensons attitude on a young team like this as he would be a huge distraction but I also don't think the suns will match a max offer for bledsoe but I don't think there is any team out there that will offer bledsoe a max besides the bucks and I am not sure if bledsoe would want to sign an offer sheet with the bucks lol. But it is going to be interesting with bledsoe and monroe but I think we will have to wait even longer for the stephenson signing to finish. I think Stephenson ends up with the Hornets or Pacers and maybe if the Pacers miss out on Stephenson then they will go after Bledsoe in a possible sign and trade with the suns that sends hibbert to phoenix and then the pacers sign monroe? Or is that too much to think of?

Lol we'll see what happens but it looks like more than likely Monroe and Bledsoe will come back to their prospective teams but if anyone leaves then it is Monroe.

vCash
    If I'm the Rockets, I'd rather have Bledsoe (even though he doesn't fit their needs). Monroe and Dwight would be scary but it's not going to allow them to play the type of game they want. I'd also want to make sure the Mavericks have 0 chance of getting Bledsoe too (Bledsoe/Ellis/Parsons/Nowitzki/Chandler = sick). lol

For the Mavericks, either one would be an amazing fit.

SAS and Monroe would an incredible place for Monroe to grow and learn. I would like this the most out of all the destinations.

OKC would be pretty strong with Monroe.

I don't know how realistic any of these destinations are though.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mbsalame123 View Post
    That would be nice but I don't think the suns want a player with stephensons attitude on a young team like this as he would be a huge distraction but I also don't think the suns will match a max offer for bledsoe but I don't think there is any team out there that will offer bledsoe a max besides the bucks and I am not sure if bledsoe would want to sign an offer sheet with the bucks lol. But it is going to be interesting with bledsoe and monroe but I think we will have to wait even longer for the stephenson signing to finish. I think Stephenson ends up with the Hornets or Pacers and maybe if the Pacers miss out on Stephenson then they will go after Bledsoe in a possible sign and trade with the suns that sends hibbert to phoenix and then the pacers sign monroe? Or is that too much to think of?

Lol we'll see what happens but it looks like more than likely Monroe and Bledsoe will come back to their prospective teams but if anyone leaves then it is Monroe.
    but one thing is certain, Monroe is gone in Detroit, he has no business being there.

we'll see. Stephenson, Bledsoe and Monroe are the only second tier FA available now. teams will be lining up especially teams that missed out on big names.
    Last edited by eternal slumber; 07-14-2014 at 02:44 AM.
    CALVIN ABUEVA

BEAST MODE: ON

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast