Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Riley Forever

Drink All Day, Play All Night, Let's Get It Poppin
    vCash

Thumbs up Riley Forever

Riley as you may know is deeply ideological, philosophical, methodical and a great leader, orator and mentor. When he speaks, listen.

There was a key part of Riley's exit interview where he said the following:

"And it ended up like most losses ended up. You know, I know what it is to win. We watched it. The confetti drops. Everybody hugs each other, kisses each other. Men are in embraces. 'I love you. I love you. Hey bro, this is how it's gonna be.' They punch each other, say 'I told you it was gonna be like this, this is how it's gonna be. We're even better friends off the court than we even are on the court.' And it's true. That's what creates a forever bond. But what really cements it, cements a forever bond, is going through what we went through this year and staying the course. I've been through that experience, and I know other teams have been through it."

Ethan Skolnick goes in depth on this and gives a great insight into the what this phrase by Riley signifies.

MIAMI — Without seeing the inside of Pat Riley's wallet, there's no way to know for certain if he still he keeps any of the custom cards there, the ones that say "Forever." But he did. At least, that's what he revealed forever ago, before LeBron James had won two championships for the Miami Heat, and before he embarked upon the nearly-impossible project of replacing him.

You see, the Miami Heat president has coined the phrase "Forever Men" to describe his favorite players, those who have given the most to him during his four-plus decades in the NBA, the ones he sees as most like himself. Magic Johnson is a Forever Man. Kareem Abdul-Jabbar is a Forever Man. Patrick Ewing is a Forever Man. Alonzo Mourning is the ultimate Forever Man, parroting so many of Riley's principles as a player, and now working with him in the Heat front office. And, even if they haven't always agreed on everything, Dwyane Wade is a Forever Man, too.

You don't need to be a superstar to be a Forever Man, if you embody his ideals. Udonis Haslem, a symbol of sweat and sacrifice, is for sure a Forever Man, as will become evident when Haslem returns to the roster on another new contract. So is Brian Grant, who played for the Heat in the early 2000s.

READ MORE
    Stand Forever Strong HEAT Nation!

Forever HEAT Fan!
    Forever 15 Strong!
    Forever HEAT!
    Last edited by AllBall; 07-14-2014 at 01:11 AM.

vCash
    In Riley We Trust!!!!!
    Detroit Pistons: SIM LEAGUE CHAMPS

Jrue Holiday-Bradley Beal-Lance Stephenson-Kevin Love-DeMarcus Cousins

Miami HEAT and Baltimore Ravens TM

vCash
    May bosh be trying to cement himself as a forever man?

These are heat guys.... and forever will be loved. Let's get us more of these type of guys. Look at the spurs... they have their forever men. They fight like dogs together and have that forever bond. I am all in for this forever phrase ... it definitely makes me love our franchise even more.

Miami Heat

vCash
    I guess Lebron is not a forever man

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AllBall View Post

Stand Forever Strong HEAT Nation!

Forever HEAT Fan!
    Forever 15 Strong!
    Forever HEAT!
    what an awesome, inspirational, motivational and arse kicking post.

Now that the fake fans and the ultimate self-serving quitter has gone, perhaps somebody should produce a FOREVER MAN pic, or even just type in bold for us to put in our sig to signify this new phase. Who's down w/ that?

"A lot of basketball players today are overpaid & it influences their game & work ethics in a negative way. They've been given things they haven't earned and I think the game has been cheated." - Michael Jordan

"Without honor winning holds no value. When one lacks true virtues, victory becomes empty & the unethical triumphs." - B. Modigliani

#LoyaltyOverRoyalty

vCash
    We were HEAT fans before LeBron.. We will be HEAT fans long after LeBron is out of this league.

What he brought to this city was great, but remember something. When LeBron said "not 1, not 2, not 3, not 4" he was not talking about personal achievements. He was talking about how many championships the Miami Heat were destined to win. Whether he is a part of that or not, our goal has not changed.

As a fan base, I think we need to take this team under our wing and support them. We may not have the best player in the world, but the spurs showed that is not how you win in this league.

i went to HEAT games when our starting lineup consisted of Blake Ahearn, Kasib Powell and Stephen Lasme, and will continue to go while we start Luol Deng.

Dwyane Wades montra was Fall 7 get up 8. Well now it is time to get up Miami. The HEAT is on.

vCash
    Wade is definitely a forever man

http://instagram.com/p/qeyAwCFCDy/

I love the picture tag also "@HEATVSHATERS". Just ****ing awesome. I know he will be motivated this coming

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 3ballbomber View Post
    what an awesome, inspirational, motivational and arse kicking post.

Now that the fake fans and the ultimate self-serving quitter has gone, perhaps somebody should produce a FOREVER MAN pic, or even just type in bold for us to put in our sig to signify this new phase. Who's down w/ that?
    That's a little harsh for a guy who took you to 4 finals in 4 yrs, 2 titles. And also the only guy part of your franchise to have won a league mvp. No one else in Heat franchise has won a league MVP beside LeBron James. And he won 2.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by P&GRealist View Post
    That's a little harsh for a guy who took you to 4 finals in 4 yrs, 2 titles. And also the only guy part of your franchise to have won a league mvp. No one else in Heat franchise has won a league MVP beside LeBron James. And he won 2.
    i'm supposed to bow down here somewhere i suppose.

"A lot of basketball players today are overpaid & it influences their game & work ethics in a negative way. They've been given things they haven't earned and I think the game has been cheated." - Michael Jordan

"Without honor winning holds no value. When one lacks true virtues, victory becomes empty & the unethical triumphs." - B. Modigliani

#LoyaltyOverRoyalty

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 3ballbomber View Post
    i'm supposed to bow down here somewhere i suppose.
    You guys left his finals games in 2013 and 2014 early, and now you're forgetting like the last 4 yrs even happened?

How can you guys be so cruel and in the mode of "what have you done for me lately?"

DO you not appreciate what he's done for you guys these last 4 yrs?

vCash
    delete. quoted wrong post

vCash
    the final image is all i can see now.. and that is LeBron James sitting on the bench for the final 7 minutes of game 5 when we were still down only 17 points. You dont think if he wouldve said "Spo put me in" that he'd be in there? Even if you go down, you go down swinging.

And then... he knew he was going to Cleveland. He really put the heat in an f'd up position. If he wouldve been honest with us from the beginning we couldve gotten Gortat or Lowry to add to our team instead of spending 8 mill on McBob and Granger.

Miami gave up a lot of draft pieces so that LeBron could have a 5th year on his deal when he came.. draft pieces that included our upcoming 2015 draft pick. We gave that up for a 5th year that he didnt even end up honoring.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MiamiBoy77 View Post
    the final image is all i can see now.. and that is LeBron James sitting on the bench for the final 7 minutes of game 5 when we were still down only 17 points. You dont think if he wouldve said "Spo put me in" that he'd be in there? Even if you go down, you go down swinging.

And then... he knew he was going to Cleveland. He really put the heat in an f'd up position. If he wouldve been honest with us from the beginning we couldve gotten Gortat or Lowry to add to our team instead of spending 8 mill on McBob and Granger.

Miami gave up a lot of draft pieces so that LeBron could have a 5th year on his deal when he came.. draft pieces that included our upcoming 2015 draft pick. We gave that up for a 5th year that he didnt even end up honoring.
    He left Cleveland, and the Cavs fans were pissed too, but he did it in a fashion that was just unthinkable. Atleast he didn't make too much of a spectacle out of it.

Also, you claim the final 7 minutes thing, but tbh, the series was over. There comes a point in the series where physically and mentally, both teams just "know". So I mean, the Heat just weren't able to make many adjustments throughout the series, and it was a quick and painless ending.

I think you guys will be fine, but one thing I must point out that I've been hearing a lot is that Bron was put off by 2 main things.

1. The amnestying of Mike Miller. That was his boy, the guy who would spread the floor but also a big body that was out on the perimeter covering up perimeter guys on the other team.

2. I don't think Heat fans valued Bron the way Cavs fans did. You guys used to get up and lead in the middle or before the end of FINALS GAMES!!! That would put off anyone tbh.

vCash
    Do you not appreciate what he's done for you guys these last 4 yrs?
    It was the Miami Heat who turned Lebron in to the product who eventually won a championship; lest you forget, he came to us from Cleveland with the mental fortitude of Michael Beasley. Go back and re-watch his dis-appearance vs. Dallas in his first NBA Finals. That's what he brought to the table in the biggest moments until Miami turned him in to something better. Thanks to D-Wade, thanks to a structure in place which had produced a championship without him, headed by all-time great Pat Riley (who oozes what it takes to be a champion), Lebron learned from Miami how to win...not the other way around. So who should be thanking who? Lebron is a spoiled primadonna who has given up chasing rings because he lacks what it takes to be a perennial champion. Instead, he's chasing image. He's the very opposite of what Pat Riley was talking about to begin this thread and that's why he ran away like a little boy.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mambo Kings View Post
    It was the Miami Heat who turned Lebron in to the product who eventually won a championship; lest you forget, he came to us from Cleveland with the mental fortitude of Michael Beasley. Go back and re-watch his dis-appearance vs. Dallas in his first NBA Finals. That's what he brought to the table in the biggest moments until Miami turned him in to something better. Thanks to D-Wade, thanks to a structure in place which had produced a championship without him, headed by all-time great Pat Riley (who oozes what it takes to be a champion), Lebron learned from Miami how to win...not the other way around. So who should be thanking who? Lebron is a spoiled primadonna who has given up chasing rings because he lacks what it takes to be a perennial champion. Instead, he's chasing image. He's the very opposite of what Pat Riley was talking about to begin this thread and that's why he ran away like a little boy.

You don't feel it was a 50-50 hand-hand relationship?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast