Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Angels going for Kennedy so why aren't we?

http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/l...kennedy-071314

What bothers me is they know the angels have a weak farm system so nothing that we certainly couldn't compete with. What the heck is cashman doing to not even be involved in trying to see what it would take us to get Kennedy instead of the angel. He would be a lot better then 4/5 of our current rotation and could help us compete for the next few seasons if we handled his contract status correctly. But rather yet let's acquire Francis. I just get baffled on what phone calls our team is making other then scraping the bottom of the barrel. I'm a believer in not unloading everyone for a run this year but like I said Kennedy could help us for the future.
    Quote Originally Posted by DC CAB View Post
    The Yankees are the only team that could be play-off bound that did nothing to make themselves better. When you look at it that way how are fans supposed to feel?

vCash
    Insert argument about how a pitcher who has gone: 59-45/3.80 ERA/3.86 FIP/13.1 fWAR in 930 innings "Cannot handle NY" based on the 59 2/3 innings he was afforded across three years as a rookie…

…also, I think the New York Senate passed a law that forbade the Yankees from pursuing former Yankee prospects who succeed in the majors. Pretty sure there is a statutory court decision that remands the team to only trade for or sign former Yankees who failed in the majors and/or are a year or so from retirement.
    We’re pointing out that these statistics breed false narratives, and we value the truth. This isn’t about replacing old numbers with new numbers, or attempting to dissuade anyone from enjoying the aesthetics of the game. It is simply about telling the average fan about the reality of what actually happened on the field. The “Holy Trinity” of baseball statistics fail at this most basic task, and so they are not worth deifying any longer. - Dave Cameron

vCash
    IPK > Whitley and McCarthy
    7 Rec, 69 YD, 1TD

vCash
    I am relieved to know that you have been tapping Cashman's phone to know which calls he's made and has not made. What a relief...I am so glad we have you

You were probably one of the people blasting Cashman for keeping Kennedy around (saying he can't handle pitching in NY) when he played for the Yanks before.

BTW, Francis was picked up for a player to be named later. Kennedy, probably costs more. Heck, why am I speculating when you obviously know who Cashman has called and hasn't called and you know who he has and has not inquired about.

Quote Originally Posted by nolushhere View Post

What the heck is cashman doing to not even be involved in trying to see what it would take us to get Kennedy instead of the angel. He would be a lot better then 4/5 of our current rotation and could help us compete for the next few seasons if we handled his contract status correctly. But rather yet let's acquire Francis. I just get baffled on what phone calls our team is making other then scraping the bottom of the barrel. I'm a believer in not unloading everyone for a run this year but like I said Kennedy could help us for the future.

vCash
    Since joining this forum, I have developed a lot of empathy for the impossible jobs of a GM.

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    vCash
    I think that Ian Kennedy would get lit up in this division, as he will in the AL west.

And he's a ginger

It's all downhill from here.
    Might as well enjoy the ride.

vCash
    Because we're not actually trying to win, apparently.

vCash

What bothers me is they know the angels have a weak farm system so nothing that we certainly couldn't compete with. What the heck is cashman doing to not even be involved in trying to see what it would take us to get Kennedy instead of the angel. He would be a lot better then 4/5 of our current rotation and could help us compete for the next few seasons if we handled his contract status correctly. But rather yet let's acquire Francis. I just get baffled on what phone calls our team is making other then scraping the bottom of the barrel. I'm a believer in not unloading everyone for a run this year but like I said Kennedy could help us for the future.

And exactly how would you know if he's involved or not? Do you have a tap on his phone? Not sure how else you would possibly know. I'm pretty sure the Yankees don't discuss their every move with you.
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

vCash
    So now we should go back in time and bring back someone who couldn't hack it here. Can we get Austin Jackson back also? Oh wait we don't have Curtis Granderson anymore.

vCash
    This team needs a bat more then a starter. Gardner and Robertson could grab us some talent in return, but who can we add to that package for let's say Giancarlo Stanton?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Yankees27 View Post
    I am relieved to know that you have been tapping Cashman's phone to know which calls he's made and has not made. What a relief...I am so glad we have you

You were probably one of the people blasting Cashman for keeping Kennedy around (saying he can't handle pitching in NY) when he played for the Yanks before.

BTW, Francis was picked up for a player to be named later. Kennedy, probably costs more. Heck, why am I speculating when you obviously know who Cashman has called and hasn't called and you know who he has and has not inquired about.
    If the yanks made any serious inquiry about what it would take someone would have reported it.

Smarten up your wiseass response was outgrown when most people got into middle school apparently you didn't pick that up at that time.
    Quote Originally Posted by DC CAB View Post
    The Yankees are the only team that could be play-off bound that did nothing to make themselves better. When you look at it that way how are fans supposed to feel?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YANKSGUY View Post
    And exactly how would you know if he's involved or not? Do you have a tap on his phone? Not sure how else you would possibly know. I'm pretty sure the Yankees don't discuss their every move with you.
    Same thing. In today's age if their was any serious discussions going on some report shows up somewhere. It's not about tapping phones and reporting it to fans. Let's try to stay a tiny bit mature here.

vCash
    Same thing. In today's age if their was any serious discussions going on some report shows up somewhere. It's not about tapping phones and reporting it to fans. Let's try to stay a tiny bit mature here.
    Not possible for him even though he's the oldest one here.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    I think that Ian Kennedy would get lit up in this division, as he will in the AL west.

And he's a ginger
    Agreed.

vCash
    You will learn to love yanksguy. He's the only real fan on this forum.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast