Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    vCash

Battered Bastards of Baseball--- Watch it please

Guys, if you haven't seen this film, please check it out. It is spectacular. It shows the sport we were meant to watch and not the commercialized, monopolized, sterilized version that has taken over. If you are a fan of the game, this movie is a must see. It may change your opinion on the game we now watch. It has done that to mine.

It streams on Netflix

Welcome back dinner for Leo. We are waiting patiently. Hurry the F up! These babies don't taste as good cold.

vCash
    Word. Ill try to remember. I haven't used Netflix in probably 6 months, yet I continue to pay for it

I meese you Seņor Rodriguez

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    Word. Ill try to remember. I haven't used Netflix in probably 6 months, yet I continue to pay for it
    It is an absolutely, beautiful, hysterical and saddening documentary about the actor Kurt Russell's (Escape from NY, Tango and Cash...) dad who bought and ran the only independent league team in the 70s out of Portland.

It's an hour and 20 minutes. Short watch

Welcome back dinner for Leo. We are waiting patiently. Hurry the F up! These babies don't taste as good cold.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    It is an absolutely, beautiful, hysterical and saddening documentary about the actor Kurt Russell's (Escape from NY, Tango and Cash...) dad who bought and ran the only independent league team in the 70s out of Portland.

It's an hour and 20 minutes. Short watch
    I didn't know Wyatt Earp's dad owned a team. Ill have to watch.

vCash
    It's on my list. Looks great.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rylinkus View Post
    It's on my list. Looks great.
    I can't even describe how fun and moving it is.

The only bad part is that you will look at the way MLB is run and be saddened by the fact that there are no more personalities in the sport.
    Our sports in general are losing their individuals and humanity. It makes me sad to think of the As and Yankees in the 70s or even the Mets in the mid 80s. They were characters and that is why we loved them. Now the players are just faces. There is no team identity. Every team wants to be the same as the other.
    **** do we need a team of crazy, nasty freaks, drunks, poets, who just want to play ball and win.

vCash

The only bad part is that you will look at the way MLB is run and be saddened by the fact that there are no more personalities in the sport.
    Our sports in general are losing their individuals and humanity. It makes me sad to think of the As and Yankees in the 70s or even the Mets in the mid 80s. They were characters and that is why we loved them. Now the players are just faces. There is no team identity. Every team wants to be the same as the other.
    **** do we need a team of crazy, nasty freaks, drunks, poets, who just want to play ball and win.
    The A's, Nick Swisher, Yasiel Puig, those names ring a bell? I get what your saying though.

I might look into it. I need something to watch other than Family Guy, The Cleveland Show, and Jack-, rhythms with bass (), re-runs on Netflix.
    Last edited by jd25213; 07-16-2014 at 04:36 PM.

Welcome to KC, Miss Kacie!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jd25213 View Post
    The A's, Nick Swisher, Yasiel Puig, those names ring a bell? I get what your saying though.

I might look into it. I need something to watch other than Family Guy, The Cleveland Show, and Jack-, rhythms with bass (), re-runs on Netflix.

I started watching it last eve. It's pretty decent. I love docs and I love baseball, so of course I'd like this. If it were done a bit better I think it would be a really good doc. But, sadly, they only have ancient source footage and interviews to work with.

For another killer sports doc, check out Undefeated, the 2011 doc that's story of the Manassas Tigers' high school football team. Absolutely great movie.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jd25213 View Post

Imagine a team with Puig and swisher and Bill lee and ricky henderson...
    There are still personalities in the game but there are not teams with personalities and when there are, people go crazy. It sucks that it has become the abnormal as opposed to the norm.

vCash
    It does look good but it really sounds like you were involved with the production of this film or something.

vCash
    Kurt Russell played minor league baseball as well. I think he's related to ex-MLB player Matt Franco.
    "The 90 wins is about challenge. It's about changing the conversation. It's about framing questions for ourselves as to how we get there. So I stand by the notion that we need to get better, and in doing so we need to set concrete goals for ourselves so that we have sort of specific conversations among ourselves about how we're going to get there." -- Mr. Alderson

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by J4KOP99 View Post
    It does look good but it really sounds like you were involved with the production of this film or something.
    Nope. It just reminded me of what sports should be. Teams and players that build connections with the city in which they play. It rarely happens anymore on the player level much less the team level.
    Even Jeter, who is loved by NY has not been what you could call accessible and open. Honestly, Arod was more of that and we crucified him. Swish had a bit of that, so did Joba but the last yankee team that really had that was over a decade ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Dugmet View Post
    Kurt Russell played minor league baseball as well. I think he's related to ex-MLB player Matt Franco.
    He plays on this team too, He's a narrator and there are clips of him playing.

vCash

Kink, just watched and it was everything you promised. A moment in time when America embraced the unique. Before the keys to the kingdom were given to the corporations with our passive compliance.
    This is a rhapsody for muddle-headed dreamers who dare to be different. And where are the Bing Russell's of today? The real mavericks who lead the charge with an army of misfits who inspire the collective imagination?
    Pancaked by the corporate tank tread.
    Anybody here, seen my old friend Bing?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jango2000 View Post
    Kink, just watched and it was everything you promised. A moment in time when America embraced the unique. Before the keys to the kingdom were given to the corporations with our passive compliance.
    This is a rhapsody for muddle-headed dreamers who dare to be different. And where are the Bing Russell's of today? The real mavericks who lead the charge with an army of misfits who inspire the collective imagination?
    Pancaked by the corporate tank tread.
    Anybody here, seen my old friend Bing?
    I'm really glad you enjoyed it!

Your review is spectacular.

I think BIng has bong.

vCash
    Just watched it. Really hit home. Thanks for the recommendation.