Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Capers should be fired if..........

Fill in the blank.

I know lots of people want him fired now, and I get that. But let's TRY and base it on what would play out this year.

But if you think he should have been, explain why, and when and who you like as the replacement. If we must go that route.

#YOTTO BABY COME BACK!!!!!!! #YOTTO

vCash
    If we have another season like last year. TT has spent the better part 2 or 3 drafts now adding defensive talent along with bringing in Peppers so Capers shouldn't have anymore excuses. Even if we experience some injuries, which i assume we will, he still needs to show adjustments and getting those 2nd tier guys ready to come in and fill the holes.

NO. MORE. EXCUSES! Either we show major improvement this year or he needs to GTFO it's that simple. Tear up that lifetime contract and kick his old *** to the curb, or a nursing home.
    Last edited by TheBigCheese12; 07-13-2014 at 09:40 PM.
    My 2014 Adopted Packer: Blow Job Raji

vCash
    So what do you think the line in the sand is? Fringe top ten at least?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    So what do you think the line in the sand is? Fringe top ten at least?
    For this year, seeing how we finished last year, i'd say top 15. If he can accomplish that then ill be happy. Then next year we need to work on getting inside that 5-10 range. If we end up taking a step back again or don't make up anymore ground on the top 10 then he needs to go.

I don't expect us to be in the top 10 this year, its not realistic imo *Cough Bears fans cough*, but we def need to be in the top half. I think with our offense we can be SB contenders with a 10-15 ranked D.

vCash
    Wow we were 28th in yards per play .

24th in points. 25th yards.
    21 in turnovers.

Those should all be top fifteen.

vCash
    Wow we were 28th in yards per play .

24th in points. 25th yards.
    21 in turnovers.

Those should all be top fifteen.
    Exactly, top 10-15 ill be happy. I don't expect us to jump in the top 10 in those categories this year. I view it as us starting from square 1 this year. If he can make that jump then i have no problems with him coming back next year. But then he needs to make another jump next year as well unless we somehow get in that top 5-10 range this year. Its all about building and maintaining at this point with Capers. He's been here long enough, we shouldn't be in this position right now, but we are. Step up your game or gtfo. We hold players to those standards why not coaches/coordinators?
    Last edited by TheBigCheese12; 07-13-2014 at 10:10 PM.

vCash
    We have the talent imo so that's frustrating.

vCash
    I think for Capers its not about the full season. Its about crunch time. We all agree a D in the top half of most standings is good enough to make us contend for a Super bowl. With the talent we have most coordinators could squeeze an average D out of them. But if in the big games we get the no adjustments D that gets walked all over like we have watched in big games over and over under him that will be the final nail in the coffin. As so many others have said this is the season of no excuses for the D and Coach Capers.
    Eddie "The Alabama Hamma" Lacy
    YDS: -- TD: --

vCash
    We stink in non big games too.

vCash
    I think its really hard to quantify exactly what it will take to get Capers fired. For me, it will be apparent more by the games themselves than the numbers. The offense wants to play faster, and we have some big play weapons. If Rodgers is healthy, we are never going to be a ball control offense. I think we can be when we need to be, but we aren't going to have a ton of 15 play drives in the first quarter that chew 10 minutes off the clock. So because of that, total defense numbers get inflated.

I think turnover and sack numbers can be biased too. I don't remember exactly what year it was, but weren't we ranked fairly highly in sacks two or three years ago. And that was because we absolutely destroyed the really bad offensive lines like Chicago, and racked up a ton of sacks on weaker teams. When we played against good offensive lines, we got zero pressure. Turnovers can go the same way too. You can beat up the bad teams and force a bunch of turnovers against them, but not do it when you absolutely need them.

I know my answer is the easy way out, but I don't know that there's any one or any combination of a few numbers that would make me say this is what gets him fired. If we're low on turnovers, but are forcing a fair amount of punts and get the "clutch" turnover, I'll be happy. If we're giving up gobs of yards, but a lot of that is garbage time prevent type yards, I can live with that too. If we aren't getting sacks, but are consistently getting good pressure and forcing passes out quicker than the offense wants, then that's fine too. Team defensive stats in football is such an imperfect science, that I could see us not being ranked incredible well, but with our offense, being at a good enough level to be competitive.

vCash
    We stink in non big games too.
    I agree. My point being is I don't think solely being top 15 is enough to warrant not trying to change things up a bit.
    Eddie "The Alabama Hamma" Lacy
    YDS: -- TD: --

vCash
    Top 5 in sacks, top 5 in turnovers and in the 8-12th range on PPG allowed. As mentioned, TT has drafted and now signed plenty of talent. It's put up or shut up time.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jrock645 View Post
    Top 5 in sacks, top 5 in turnovers and in the 8-12th range on PPG allowed. As mentioned, TT has drafted and now signed plenty of talent. It's put up or shut up time.
    We were up there in sacks last year yet our pressure percentage was terrible.

For whatever that's worth.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DrJPS View Post
    I agree. My point being is I don't think solely being top 15 is enough to warrant not trying to change things up a bit.
    Fair enough, I'll put it this way, if we were a legit top 5 D but lost somewhat badly in a playoff game, I wouldn't automatically be like FIRE CAPERS. That can happen to the best of them.

Obviously I want to win "big games" and all of them. But those other teams are in the post season for a reason too.

I always say, if we had Rex Ryan as our DC, this team would be a top 10 D. Capers needs to get the most out of them but he can't. And it's annoying.

vCash
    We were up there in sacks last year yet our pressure percentage was terrible.

For whatever that's worth.
    True. Stats never tell the whole story. My only point with my expectation is that if we're top 5 in sacks and turnovers and 10th in points allowed, the defense is doing what dc designed it to do. They'll allow some yards here and there but mitigate it with sacks and turnovers. And we all know that if we're #10 in points, our offense has plenty of firepower to bring us out on top far more often than not.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast