Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Rockets will not match Parson's offer sheet.

Woj just reported that Rockets are not matching the offer sheet to Parsons. I am stunned, but I have
    to believe Morey has some other moves up his sleeve.

vCash
    Totally bummed. I'm addressing a lot of this stuff in the NBA thread, but maybe I'll come back here later this evening to talk a little bit about it. This offseason so far has just sucked in so many ways. It's been such a tough week to be a Rockets fan.

vCash
    Well, now we just need to put that money to good use.
    Maybe Okafor/MoWill/back up SF. More minutes to see what silky smooth Daniels can do.

Big THX to MJ's Bulls and pheagles10 on the sig help!
    Dear T-Mac,
    I miss you.
    Love,
    The Rim

vCash
    this is the wrost offseason i could imagine (at the moment)!
    we started thinking on a third star to add to harden/d12/parson...now we have only harden and d12!
    i think that parsons is not so happy like he was while he was signing that contract, now...but like melo and bosh, he choose the money instead a bigger possibility of win a ring!

look forward and keep believing in morey! #rednation

vCash
    So the plan was to add another star (bosh), that backfired and now parson is gone, based on reports. Traded away lin for ?

What a off season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fabiosky13 View Post
    this is the wrost offseason i could imagine (at the moment)!
    we started thinking on a third star to add to harden/d12/parson...now we have only harden and d12!
    i think that parsons is not so happy like he was while he was signing that contract, now...but like melo and bosh, he choose the money instead a bigger possibility of win a ring!

look forward and keep believing in morey! #rednation
    He didn't choose the money for a ring. The Rockets declined his option year so he had to go out and get a contract signed by someone. Dallas swooped in and offered him a great contract. What was he supposed to do? Did you expect him to turn it down? He gave Houston a chance to keep him and they opted not to do so. This was not Parsons doing at all. It is all on the Rockets and Morey.

vCash
    Whats going on with the rockets, morey? Trading/letting go piece after piece of puzzle, dont get me wrong im glad to see players like Casspi go as far away as they can, but still, Parsons? Yeah, maybe he isnt worth 15M per year at the time, but im sure he will be in the next few years. Bringing Ariza back for his sub? Yes, he is much cheaper, but is he the same kind of "glue" like Chandler was to this roster?

Blah, those few days were ugly. I hope that the following will be better.

vCash
    it all fell apart when the rockets didn't pull the trigger on the Rondo trade Parsons would have been in the Eastern conference now he on a divisional rival

vCash
    Yup. Officially sucks. I don't see how the Rockets can possibly get better this year with the loss of Parsons, Asik, and Lin. All good to very good starters. At best we bring in some mediocre replacements.

Maybe they'll even gel in record time. But I doubt it. Harden and Dwight... Do they have leadership abilities? Not that I've seen yet.

vCash
    So apparently we picked up Alonzo Gee in this 3-way deal that landed us Ariza as well.

Thoughts?

I have to wonder how does Howard - the guy brought in by Parsons' recruiting efforts, feels about all this.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Snakeyestx View Post
    So apparently we picked up Alonzo Gee in this 3-way deal that landed us Ariza as well.

Thoughts?
    A non-guaranteed contract to be waved straight away. A tiny move move to free up a a little cap.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JetRocketAngel View Post
    Yup. Officially sucks. I don't see how the Rockets can possibly get better this year with the loss of Parsons, Asik, and Lin. All good to very good starters. At best we bring in some mediocre replacements.
    Lin was not a good starter. I don't know how you can argue that.

Maybe they'll even gel in record time. But I doubt it. Harden and Dwight... Do they have leadership abilities? Not that I've seen yet.
    Houston's starting five will probably be no worse than it was last season because of the significant improvement on the defensive side of the ball. It's the bench that I'm worried about, because Morey hasn't made any push to sign decent rotational guys. I really, really hope he makes a push for Marion, who would be a perfect fit to play 30 minutes between the two forward spots and maybe even start at PF if needed.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by goku View Post
    it all fell apart when the rockets didn't pull the trigger on the Rondo trade Parsons would have been in the Eastern conference now he on a divisional rival
    Dude, Rondo sucks. I don't know how else to explain this to you. And he would be a horrid fit next to Harden.

vCash
    Celtics wouldn't have even taken that. Their owner said the only time they've considered trading Rondo was during that brief time it looked like CP3 might leave LA. Birdman just resigned with the Heat for some reason so now I guess Okafor is the next back up center up? Getting Marion would be nice too and I hate Mo Williams but we desperately need scoring off the bench right now

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    Lin was not a good starter. I don't know how you can argue that.

Houston's starting five will probably be no worse than it was last season because of the significant improvement on the defensive side of the ball. It's the bench that I'm worried about, because Morey hasn't made any push to sign decent rotational guys. I really, really hope he makes a push for Marion, who would be a perfect fit to play 30 minutes between the two forward spots and maybe even start at PF if needed.
    I would like Marion as well. He is a good defender and has some offensive game. We need to also find a backup center and PG. You are right that our bench looks very weak right now. Do you think Nick Johnson makes the team or starts in the D League?

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast