Blazers Summer League Talk

Started yesterday

vCash

Blazers Summer League Talk

Robinsons dunk attempt today was hideous lol

Michael Wacha

5-5, 2.79 Era, 83 So, 1.12 Whip

vCash
    Uh, that was pretty sad yesterday. I saw improvement from ....uh....okay another game today.
    Karma....It's a Biotch.

vCash
    McCollum is at 21ppg avg at 46-47% after game 3. Seems like not very many turn overs, either, and a decent amount of steals. Doesn't mean a whole lot, but the signs of good defense, low turn overs with high usage, and putting up points are all nice signs.

vCash
    I really liked Meyer's early minutes in the 1st quarter of the game today. He looked more motivated, and simply hustling and competing. He looked like one of the best players on our team... granted due to him hustling, but it looked great. He sprinted the court repeatedly, stopped Gobert at the rim, out rebounded guys, got offensive boards, stripped Gobert, and hustled on defensive rotations.

vCash
    Gobert was looking good with Meyers out, then Meyers comes in and clearly outplays Gobert like he did in the first quarter.

Meyers is a little more up and down wiht his hustle in the 2nd quarter, but still playing great relative to the game.

vCash
    someone else guards gobert for a possession and he gets a dunk.

vCash
    I heard Meyers did alright in summer league so I went and Google'd his name to see what he did(I moved to tacoma and have dish network...sucks!!!)

So I decided what did his comparison on NBADRAFT.COM and check out what his comparison is...
    SEATTLE SEAHAWKS

SUPERBOWL 48 CHAMPS
    L.O.B.

vCash
    Haha. He did play in some ways like Robin, but with a less consistent hustle, and more talent and athleticism.

If Meyers keeps his passion up, or can continue to increase it, I think he'll be usable for us this season. His worst defensive plays I saw were closing out on 3s and long jumpers. I think the team plan is to let them take long jumpers though so the 3s were the only real thing.

Gobert was better than him at moving without the ball to get easy buckets, but a lot of that was just from Meyers not getting the ball, he had good positioning a lot. And when playing straight up Meyers was clearly better than Gobert.

First time I've seen Meyers actually changing how the other team played offense from his defense. Pretty cool.