Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

The wide open (for the time being) eastern conference

With Lebron out of Miami our conference is very different..
    Considering we don't have any major trades that change the ballance in the east(Love&Cleveland),what's your prediction for our team this year?

First of all there is not a clear favourite to win the east..
    Theoretically the Pacers have a sliiiight advantage to become no.1 based on their roster depth(Lance resigns?) and chemistry but they were worst from last year,so i don't really know what we can expect from them..

Then we have two teams that are more or less at the same level..
    Chicago(if healthy) & Washington seem to be a step ahead again based on rosters depth,experience and chemistry from Cleveland,New York??? and maybe Toronto..

Cavs are very talented but they are so young and i just can't see them becoming a major force THIS year..If they trade for Love that's another story..

The Raptors have a good young team but without a big star i can't see them going further than last year..

Brooklyn,charlotte,detroit,miami & atlanta are mediocre teams if they stay like this..
    Probably Charlotte is better from all of them..

Now for our team,i'm very optimistic..and i think that everybody should be..
    Our roster might not be a championship roster but with a real coach and a prooven winning offensive philosophy our team is good enough to make a lot of noise this year..
    Depends on how healthy we are,i can see us finishing even in the 2nd seed..
    Worst case i can see us 4-5,only in case we have health issues..

Why i'm that optimistic?Cause the Spurs taught us a lesson..
    You can't beat team basketball..you can't beat a great offensive system that gets everybody involve,no matter how good players you have..1 on 1 basketball can't beat that..
    And with with Phil & D Fish that's the kind of culture and approaching from now on..

The question is, can D fish and Phill get our players to buy into that system???
    Do we have the right personnel for our new offensive philosophy???
    Where can you see our team finishing this year?

vCash

I doubt lance resigns the supposedly low balled him and he's pissed. In regards to the knicks with the triangle offense and being healthy I think this team has a shot at winning 50 games. Larkin said the triangle consisted of ball movement and lots of cutting to the basket. Everytime melo would ISO everyone would stand around and no nothing those days are gone. Right now we have so much depth and young depth at that if shump and Hardaway take the next step we will be in a really good spot.

vCash
    I think if Shump can take that big next step forward that we've been waiting for as an offensive option that we will be dangerous and possibly win 50 or more games. Otherwise, I see us as a 45 win team, and as probably the 5th or 6th best team in the conference, behind CLE, CHI, IND, WAS, TOR.

I think we're right at Toronto's level, maybe slightly behind, but we have Melo as a superstar which could put us over the top of them. We'll be fighting them for the 4th seed.

This is also depends on where Lance goes because I think if Indy loses him then they're definitely taking a big step back, especially with the FA market finally drying up. It looks like they're going to lose him which will bump them down to the 6th best team, maybe even worse.

vCash
    We will be a far better team than we were last season.

The real point here is that the Knicks do not "need" to make any moves besides minor ones. Since Melo has re-signed, Phil can be patient and wait until preseason or the trade deadline to pull the trigger on something good.

He can wait and wait and wait until his heart's content. And when the other team is the one pursuing the trade, you get better return on your pieces as evidenced by the Chandler trade.

We really do need to drop a guard and pickup an extra big to balance the roster.

vCash
    If Amare plays this season the same way he did his last 20 games last season, I think this is a top 3 team without question.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KnicksFan4Years View Post
    We will be a far better team than we were last season.

The real point here is that the Knicks do not "need" to make any moves besides minor ones. Since Melo has re-signed, Phil can be patient and wait until preseason or the trade deadline to pull the trigger on something good.

He can wait and wait and wait until his heart's content. And when the other team is the one pursuing the trade, you get better return on your pieces as evidenced by the Chandler trade.

We really do need to drop a guard and pickup an extra big to balance the roster.
    Shump and Bargs gets us Greg Monroe..... I've been saying that forever ..... It saves a log jam at the guard position and upgrades our bigs with youth and post play.

With Shump gone... Early gets more meaningful minutes and we keep guys like Thane and Shannon for reserves in case of injuries.

Calderón. .....Larkin.....Pablo
    Jr..................Timmy.....Shannon
    Melo. ..........Early..........Thane
    Amare.........Tyler...............Monroe
    Monroe........Dalembert.......Cole

That is a talent upgrade and a much more balanced lineup.

Shump and Bargs are exactly what SVG and Detroit are looking for and the money works too.
    Watch out, don't step on the Grasshoppers ...

vCash

^ isn't Monroe a horrible defender?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KnicksYanks View Post
    ^ isn't Monroe a horrible defender?
    Yes he is..the front court of Monroe-Amare would be terrible defensively..but with the right complement(Taj Gibson kind of player) could be a great addition..
    You don't find bigs with that kind of post game that often these days..

vCash
    our team is fine now nobody knows who is going to end up number 1 it could be a surprise team shyt it could be us you never know but I like our current roster a lot and I think we are definitely top 4 in the east

Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86 View Post
    Jared Dudley>>>>>>Melo.

vCash
    I've been wondering why nobody has been talking Monroe. I think Barg and Shump would both work well in the triangle and I like Tyler and Cole but are we willing to go with Dalembert as our only true experienced center? Is Shump/Barg for Monroe really what Detroit is looking for? Also hoping for a spot for Martin.

vCash
    nobody is talking about Monroe bcuz he is a rfa and the pistons are most likely to match any offer

Jared Dudley>>>>>>Melo.

vCash
    I'm talking sign & trade. I know the Knicks can't offer more than 3.3. I'm also seeing Det is talking 5 years around 10 per. But they also signed Aaron Gray the other day. Sounds like they can take him or leave him.

I'm also wary of what FA's are going to be left for 2015.

I liked the roster going into last year but major injuries and Woodson derailed them. Dalembert isn't a match for Chandler heading into last year but as it turns out, Chandler isn't a match for Chandler heading into last year either. The potential is there for Phil & Derek to get to 4 or 5 with the current roster.

I like KnicksBoogie's lineup.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bhndnamylinz View Post
    I'm talking sign & trade. I know the Knicks can't offer more than 3.3. I'm also seeing Det is talking 5 years around 10 per. But they also signed Aaron Gray the other day. Sounds like they can take him or leave him.

I'm also wary of what FA's are going to be left for 2015.

I liked the roster going into last year but major injuries and Woodson derailed them. Dalembert isn't a match for Chandler heading into last year but as it turns out, Chandler isn't a match for Chandler heading into last year either. The potential is there for Phil & Derek to get to 4 or 5 with the current roster.

I like KnicksBoogie's lineup.

bro all reports are showing they are going to match any offer

Jared Dudley>>>>>>Melo.

vCash
    We definitely improve. Problem is the conference did as well

Cavs: Any team with Lebron James are instant EC contenders. With Kyrie Irving as a top 7-10 pg and a talented rookie in Wiggins they are going to go far. They still have enough depth to win 50+ games. There only knock is they have young players and most have not played in the playoffs. Can K-love put them over the top?

Bulls: As much as we like to bash them they are right there in the mix in taking the crown and get to the finals. They pretty much added D-Rose/Pau/Mirotic(Spanish league MVP)/Mcdermont to a team that won 48 games last season. They upgraded there offense and have more skilled players on top of having the best defense in the league. Do not sleep on them. Can D-rose hold up for 82 games?

Pacers: A lot of this is assuming Lance resigns. The cancers that is Bynum and Evans(not a cancer but overated) are off the team and added CJ miles to help with there guard play.The have the talent to be top 3 team despite the issues but can those same issues put a damper in there chances over the Cavs and Bulls?

Toronto: They are here by default. Brooklyn and the Knicks are going to battle for they Atlantic crown but right now they have it base on the fact that the kept the same team and will continue to build on what they achieve last season. Sometimes Chemistry trumps talent and right now with the Knicks going through a new coach and a few new pieces and Brooklyn going through losing some players I have the Raps higher at the moment

Miami: The lost of Lebron is huge and even with Deng/Mcroberts added it is still not enough to overcome the other guys in front of them. I actually have them ahead of Toronto but due to Division leaders they are 5th right now. Can Wade stay healthy? Can Bosh go back to his 25 and 10 season from Toronto?

Hawks: They had every injury possible and still brought it to 7 games to the pacers without there best player.. They get back Big al and added a defensive player in Thabo. With one year under there new coach who is a Pop disciple they will be playing hard and underrated

Knicks: The upgrade at point guard in Jose and the added depth with Larkin/Early/Thansis/Dal help compensate the lost of Tyson. Resigning Carmelo is huge and bringing back Cole Aldrich. Going far depends on the play of Shump/JR/Amare. Can they bring there last 30 games of good play to start the season? Can THJR step up and play better on D?

Brooklyn: They lost Kidd as there coach but got a better one in Hollins. D-will at the point was horrible and is more suited at the 2 guard. Having off season ankle surgery doesn't help either. They lost Pierce and hope AK47 can be healthy for 82 games. Lopez coming back is huge if he can be healthy but he only played 96 games in 3 seasons. They added Jarret Jack and have the improve play of Plumlee and Telativic. Can KG make it for one more season as he will be moved to Power forward where is not his best position at the moment

I think Washington losing Ariza is huge for them and getting Pierce is a down grade

Hornets were one of those teams that just took advantage of a weak eastern conference last year but don't sleep on there defense

I'm not writing the rest lol but this years draft class has gotten the lottery teams that much better.

The east may not have that top title contender this year but the talent throughout is much stronger to the point that you have to play your A game against the lottery teams

The rest of the offseason isn't over and anything can happen but for know as it stands those are the teams I feel will make the playoffs with the Wiz and Hornets on the outside looking in
    Toney the savior

@I_am_iman
    "two very winnable games"...FOH #Knickstape #mobdeep #NYKallday

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Crackadalic View Post
    We definitely improve. Problem is the conference did as well

Cavs: Any team with Lebron James are instant EC contenders. With Kyrie Irving as a top 7-10 pg and a talented rookie in Wiggins they are going to go far. They still have enough depth to win 50+ games. There only knock is they have young players and most have not played in the playoffs. Can K-love put them over the top?

Bulls: As much as we like to bash them they are right there in the mix in taking the crown and get to the finals. They pretty much added D-Rose/Pau/Mirotic(Spanish league MVP)/Mcdermont to a team that won 48 games last season. They upgraded there offense and have more skilled players on top of having the best defense in the league. Do not sleep on them. Can D-rose hold up for 82 games?

Pacers: A lot of this is assuming Lance resigns. The cancers that is Bynum and Evans(not a cancer but overated) are off the team and added CJ miles to help with there guard play.The have the talent to be top 3 team despite the issues but can those same issues put a damper in there chances over the Cavs and Bulls?

Toronto: They are here by default. Brooklyn and the Knicks are going to battle for they Atlantic crown but right now they have it base on the fact that the kept the same team and will continue to build on what they achieve last season. Sometimes Chemistry trumps talent and right now with the Knicks going through a new coach and a few new pieces and Brooklyn going through losing some players I have the Raps higher at the moment

Miami: The lost of Lebron is huge and even with Deng/Mcroberts added it is still not enough to overcome the other guys in front of them. I actually have them ahead of Toronto but due to Division leaders they are 5th right now. Can Wade stay healthy? Can Bosh go back to his 25 and 10 season from Toronto?

Hawks: They had every injury possible and still brought it to 7 games to the pacers without there best player.. They get back Big al and added a defensive player in Thabo. With one year under there new coach who is a Pop disciple they will be playing hard and underrated

Knicks: The upgrade at point guard in Jose and the added depth with Larkin/Early/Thansis/Dal help compensate the lost of Tyson. Resigning Carmelo is huge and bringing back Cole Aldrich. Going far depends on the play of Shump/JR/Amare. Can they bring there last 30 games of good play to start the season? Can THJR step up and play better on D?

Brooklyn: They lost Kidd as there coach but got a better one in Hollins. D-will at the point was horrible and is more suited at the 2 guard. Having off season ankle surgery doesn't help either. They lost Pierce and hope AK47 can be healthy for 82 games. Lopez coming back is huge if he can be healthy but he only played 96 games in 3 seasons. They added Jarret Jack and have the improve play of Plumlee and Telativic. Can KG make it for one more season as he will be moved to Power forward where is not his best position at the moment

I think Washington losing Ariza is huge for them and getting Pierce is a down grade

Hornets were one of those teams that just took advantage of a weak eastern conference last year but don't sleep on there defense

I'm not writing the rest lol but this years draft class has gotten the lottery teams that much better.

The east may not have that top title contender this year but the talent throughout is much stronger to the point that you have to play your A game against the lottery teams

The rest of the offseason isn't over and anything can happen but for know as it stands those are the teams I feel will make the playoffs with the Wiz and Hornets on the outside looking in
    I agree with you but im still not sold on chi town if rose is healthy they are a scary team but if he's not the same they are really thin at the wings esp now with dj leaving them also they should have signed lance instead of pau imo Gibson is better than pau I feel like they only signed pau to keep him away from ny

Jared Dudley>>>>>>Melo.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast