Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast
    vCash

Does Kobe ask for a trade? Retire?

This team isn't a top 10 team out west. No shot at the playoffs again.

Think he just takes the money and continues on to chase Kareem's record? Does he force a trade? Although that would be extremely difficult to complete.

What do y'all think?

P.S. Thanks Mitch you son of a ....

vCash
    They said on ESPN yesterday that Kobe signed off on this "plan b" which I find hard to believe. Now all of a sudden Kobe is amenable to going through a re-build? I would find it very hard to believe he would approve of the horrible moves that have been made. Or maybe he's resigned to the fact that we can't win anything until his gargantuan contract comes off the books, so maybe he will stick around longer and take a significant pay cut and take a lesser role when we can put together a real team.

vCash
    Nope, he will not ask for a trade or retire, he'll play his two last years as a Laker hoping for complete turnaround that will not happen.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron24th View Post
    Nope, he will not ask for a trade or retire, he'll play his two last years as a Laker hoping for complete turnaround that will not happen.
    I agree. He'll play those two years, but unfortunately he's done winning rings with the Lakers (at least for the next 2 years)

vCash

Even if he did his contract is huge who would take him with that contract

vCash

He can't really be upset. He thinks he's worth $25 mil. If he really is, then he will take this team into the playoffs...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shep33 View Post
    I agree. He'll play those two years, but unfortunately he's done winning rings with the Lakers (at least for the next 2 years)
    Seriously?? Did you not know this until just now?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by J4KOP99 View Post
    He can't really be upset. He thinks he's worth $25 mil. If he really is, then he will take this team into the playoffs...
    I'm with you on this one. I love Kobe, but I have a feeling this possibility was explained to him when they offered him this contract. You can't eat up half of the salary cap and expect magic to happen

vCash
    He's accepted the decline i think. He doesn't wanna demand a trade and he knows this team won't compete any time soon. I fully expect kobe to shoot 35+ shots a game when he's not sidelined with injury and try to get some more records in his name
    Oggi pensu iu, dumani pensa Diu

vCash
    he will try to average 40 fgA per game if his body allows him to in order to be leagues top scorer and try to chase kareem.

vCash
    He won't ask for a trade unless he's commited to win taking huge paycut( I can't see teams adding to their roster a 36 years Kobe). That's not gonna happen imo.

I think he'll wait these 2 years and milk the Lakers. Then he'll be a free agent and Lakers will offer him a smaller deal,promising him a championship while adding big names from the free agents market.At least is what I'm expecting from the Lakers FO and from Kobe's tenacity(I think he already knew it these two years will be a pain in the *** thanks to his injury and his big contract that doesn't allow many moves).And that's why I'm expecting him to return as a Laker again after these two years(if his body can sustain 4 more years of Nba after his bad injury).

Anyway,great post scrittum by the original poster ahah

"No tats on the right arm.Strictly for buckets" -Nick Young A.K.A Swaggy-P

vCash
    He shouldn't have signed that contract..... It was dumb on his part and on management's part to offer him that much. He will likely get frustrated with the losing and start complaining. A lot of this falls on him though, he should have taken far less and demanded for more roster help. Most people won't feel sorry for him when the lakers are lottery bound again as he felt like he is still worth 24 mill a year, which is completely ridiculous....

vCash

He's just gonna play for individual records.
    VIVA CROONER!

vCash
    Dirk took 10, Duncan took around the same. Kobe took more than twice as much.

Again, I don't blame him. I'd take the money after winning 5 rings if I were him. But he has no right to complain about getting help.

Bottom line is our FO is a joke. His market value was like 13 mill. Idiots

vCash
    He must stay. This offseason could have been a lot different if he wasn't making 23.5M. I know some will say that it was the FO's fault, but Kobe signed that deal, and that deal had an impact in the offseason. Throwing a temper tantrum and asking for a trade or bailing out entirely would be ridiculous on his part

Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast