Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Rockets sign Trevor Ariza to 4-year, $32 million deal

Chris Mannix @ChrisMannixSI about 5 minutes ago
    Trevor Ariza agrees to four-year, $32 million deal with Houston, source confirms. @Sam Amick first. HOU still mulling Parsons offer sheet.
    Wow... I gotta say that I'm shocked he signed a deal this low considering how much he probably could have gotten from another team. This could have major implications for the Parsons offer sheet. Personally, I think having both players makes the Rockets a really deadly basketball team. A small ball lineup with Beverley, Harden, Ariza, Parsons and Howard would be pretty dangerous.

However, I could understand if Morey felt like Ariza could offer the same things Parsons could for half the price. Regardless, this is a big step in the right direction for Houston. He's one of the best perimeter defenders and 3-point shooters in the league and both are big needs for the Rockets right now.

vCash
    sign and trade parsons + "something other" for love!

vCash
    does this mean that parsons is gone?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fabiosky13 View Post
    Just because we signed Ariza doesn't automatically mean this becomes an option now...

vCash
    There seems to be a lot of confusion about this from a lot of Rockets fans I've talked to. But Houston CANNOT sign and trade Parsons to any team EXCEPT the Mavericks. They could still offer Parsons to the Mavs for pieces, but that's it. They cannot include Parsons in any deal for Love.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Gogi93 View Post
    does this mean that parsons is gone?
    I wish I knew. I can see the pros and cons to both scenarios, but ultimately I think they should keep him. The more talent you have on the team the better. And Ariza gives them one of the best, deepest wing rotations in basketball.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    I wish I knew. I can see the pros and cons to both scenarios, but ultimately I think they should keep him. The more talent you have on the team the better. And Ariza gives them one of the best, deepest wing rotations in basketball.
    Lets say we match Dallas offer... Do we still have enough cap space to sign a solid PG/PF?

It would be nice to bring someone like Thaddeus Young, maybe strip Bledsoe from Suns?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Gogi93 View Post
    Lets say we match Dallas offer... Do we still have enough cap space to sign a solid PG/PF?
    Assuming they finalize the deal with Asik and sign Ariza, I believe they're looking at roughly $10 million in cap space remaining right now. But that completely disappears tomorrow at 11 p.m. if they match Parsons' offer sheet. So they could feasibly add some other pieces to beef up the rotation.

It would be nice to bring someone like Thaddeus Young, maybe strip Bledsoe from Suns?
    Bledsoe isn't going to happen if Parsons is on the roster, because he's also a RFA and the Suns would have three days to match. They could get Bledsoe if they let Parsons walk and if Phoenix doesn't match, but that's a pretty big long shot. I like Thad Young, too, but they'd have to convince Philly to give him up.

vCash
    At this point we're capped out again until the Asik deal is finalized. At which point we'd have between $9-$10 million with the ability to still match Parsons and have a MLE left to use as well. Splitting up $10 million between a back up PG in Hinrich for veteran stability and either Andersen or Okafor for back up big man. Match Parsons. Use MLE on the other big man or kick the tires on Paul Pierce.

vCash
    Werent there some rumours in the middle of the season about sending Asik in philly for Young? Maybe Morey can re-visit that deal now when Superstar hunting fell apart?

Match Parsons, try getting Young and go for veteran backup PG/C..

Bevery/ Hinrich?
    Harden/Johnson/Daniels
    Parsons/Ariza
    Young/Jones
    Howard/??

Perhaps not front runners for championship but still pretty awesome team.

vCash
    They can't trade Parsons. The OS he signed prevents him from being traded until December.

vCash
    There seems to be a lot of confusion about this from a lot of Rockets fans I've talked to. But Houston CANNOT sign and trade Parsons to any team EXCEPT the Mavericks. They could still offer Parsons to the Mavs for pieces, but that's it. They cannot include Parsons in any deal for Love.
    I don't think this is accurate. I believe they have to either match it or let him go. The chance for a S&T passed once Parsons signed the OS and it was delivered to the Rockets. In fact, I thought I heard if they match the OS they can't trade him to Dallas during the length of the contract. Again, I could be wrong, but I thought this is what I heard.

vCash
    I have read some comments on Twitter that the Ariza contract allows Parsons salary to fit in perfectly on our cap hold, which
    is more of an indication we will match. Again, this is just sportswriters posting tweets so take it for what it is worth.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by stros1fan View Post
    I don't think this is accurate. I believe they have to either match it or let him go. The chance for a S&T passed once Parsons signed the OS and it was delivered to the Rockets. In fact, I thought I heard if they match the OS they can't trade him to Dallas during the length of the contract. Again, I could be wrong, but I thought this is what I heard.
    I don't think that's right. I've seen multiple tweets suggesting that the Rockets could trade Parsons to Dallas in a sign and trade. Just because the sign and trade discussions turned out to not be fruitful before Parsons signed the offer sheet doesn't mean it's something that can't still be re-examined. If Morey comes to Cuban and says "Either give me some assets or I'm matching Parsons' contract," you can bet that Cuban will want to talk sign and trade options.

vCash
    I don't think that's right. I've seen multiple tweets suggesting that the Rockets could trade Parsons to Dallas in a sign and trade. Just because the sign and trade discussions turned out to not be fruitful before Parsons signed the offer sheet doesn't mean it's something that can't still be re-examined. If Morey comes to Cuban and says "Either give me some assets or I'm matching Parsons' contract," you can bet that Cuban will want to talk sign and trade options.
    I guess we will have to wait and see as I also saw some tweets that indicated S&T not possible once OS delivered to Rockets.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast