Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast
    vCash

BREAKING NEWS, OFFICIAL: Kings trade Isaiah Thomas to Phoenix

The Kings will get an approximately $7 million trade exception and the draft rights to Alex Oriakhi, league source says.
    https://twitter.com/KBergCBS/status/487724665465753600

Wow.

MORE:

Suns presented RFA Thomas with a four-year, $27m offer sheet. Kings no interest in matching; Thomas no interest in staying, sources say.
    https://twitter.com/KBergCBS/status/487724919909023745
    So Anna, what do you think about the notion that Russell Wilson is better than Andrew Luck?

<3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck
    "Luck has the most diverse skill set of any NFL quarterback" - Ron Jaworski on Andrew Luck being a top 5 QB

vCash
    sad day, IT should be a starter! hopefully we can do something good with that extra 7 mill

vCash
    Info on the player the Kings acquired:

http://arizonasports.com/41/1749011/...h-Phoenix-Suns
    So Anna, what do you think about the notion that Russell Wilson is better than Andrew Luck?

<3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck
    "Luck has the most diverse skill set of any NFL quarterback" - Ron Jaworski on Andrew Luck being a top 5 QB

vCash
    7 mil exception could be very useful.

vCash
    keep in mind teams do let those trade exceptions expire. GS just let one of theirs expire last night. Pete better get something good with ours cause he basically just let IT walk for nothing as it stands.

vCash
    This is probably the 5th time I've said this, but does Pete have any clue what he's doing?

This is terrible. You won't pay IT 4/27?

vCash
    Disappointed with what we got in return for him, but thanks for the memories IT! Best of luck in PHX!

vCash
    I don't understand... What is the front offices beef with IT? That's such a great contract for him I would've matched and tried to mend the relationship.

How does a trade exception help us get better? I never understood the value of one, other than to make total contracts match up in a trade

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle916 View Post
    This is probably the 5th time I've said this, but does Pete have any clue what he's doing?

This is terrible. You won't pay IT 4/27?
    Even if PDA didn't want IT, why didn't he trade him mid-season when we could have actually got something for him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by M.Bibby2.0 View Post
    I don't understand... What is the front offices beef with IT? That's such a great contract for him I would've matched and tried to mend the relationship.

How does a trade exception help us get better? I never understood the value of one, other than to make total contracts match up in a trade
    we can make a trade in the future for an additional $7M more than the deal allows and it's absorbed through our exception.

vCash
    Hung out with a bunch of people from all over the league last night in Vegas. No one has any clue what the Kings are doing.
    I'm on the same page as Zach Lowe

vCash
    We're gonna be the worst ****ing team in the league. ****ing tired of losing season after winning season. Now we get some ****ing bum who won't play and a trade exception we won't ****ing use. **** this dumbass team.

/End Rant

vCash
    **** you, PDA. For about $1 million per year less we signed a massive downgrade. This is why we do, and forever will continue to, suck.

vCash
    ^That's what I thought, but what's the appeal to the team that were trading the trade exception to? They can send the more expensive player to us and free up 7 mill in cap?

vCash
    I agree with y'all. This sucks, but it smells like they have a Josh Smith, Thad Young, Ryan Anderson, Larry Sanders or even Rondo move in place next. If not, this was handled so poorly. I'm willing to let it play out but right now I'm scratching my head.

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast