Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 46
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Castlevania
    Posts
    2,564
    vCash
    1500

    Pipe dream trade scenario

    I'm on the phone so pardon if I don't see the trade thread. Anyways would this be possible, DeMar and K Love to Cleveland, Wiggins to Toronto and loads of 1st round picks and trade filler from Cleveland and Toronto to Minnesota.

    Cleveland gets a starting rotation of Lebron, DD, Love, Vagero and Irving.

    Minnesota gets a **** load of first rounder to rebuild.

    Toronto gets Wiggins to build around.

    How far fetched is that lol.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    35,552
    vCash
    0
    Yea.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    3,215
    vCash
    1500
    I was trying to brew up something similar to this. I think the guy who might be available is Bennett.

    Things will always work out in the end, but if you want them to turn out a certain way... You need to make it happen.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Hamilton
    Posts
    2,654
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by Vampirate View Post
    I'm on the phone so pardon if I don't see the trade thread. Anyways would this be possible, DeMar and K Love to Cleveland, Wiggins to Toronto and loads of 1st round picks and trade filler from Cleveland and Toronto to Minnesota.

    Cleveland gets a starting rotation of Lebron, DD, Love, Vagero and Irving.

    Minnesota gets a **** load of first rounder to rebuild.

    Toronto gets Wiggins to build around.

    How far fetched is that lol.
    Cavs get too much. They don't have the assets to trade for both Love and Demar

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    266
    vCash
    1500
    Are yo joking me I would take Demar over Wiggins anyday.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    11,216
    vCash
    1500
    Let Wiggins develop under Lebron and then when he's sick of being in the shadows in 4-5 years, he can come to Toronto -- by then both Lowry and Demar deals will be done. You up J Val and then whatever else needs to be done, will be done then.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Toronto, ON
    Posts
    36,689
    vCash
    1255
    Would never happen anyways


  8. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    El Nath
    Posts
    4,175
    vCash
    1500
    A ton of 1st rounders are not worth it, this isnt even a pipe dream, it's unrealistic for teams to do something like this. but alrightt, we can dream.
    Try staring at this picture for more than a minute without getting a headache




  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    toronto....REX
    Posts
    4,987
    vCash
    1500
    Pipe dream is that the a crack pipe. And btw do people really think Demar could get you Wiggins. I would take Wiggins right now over Demar and that has nothing to do with him being canadian. I've seen too many flashes of what Wiggins can become. Right now defensively he's already far better than Demar.

    If the cavs were to lose their minds and trade you Wiggins for Demar (Salaries aside). That's a trade you make if your Toronto. It really isn't even debatable.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    620
    vCash
    500
    I put together one on the other forum of:

    Toronto:
    Wiggins
    Bennett

    Cavs:
    Love

    T-wolves:
    Derozan
    Valuncunias
    Cavs 2015 1st
    Raptors 2015 first

    I think every team here will feel like they are giving up a lot which is a good sign in trade equality. The Cavs pick and possibly the Raptors could both be 20+ depending on Wiggins and Bennett.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Castlevania
    Posts
    2,564
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by BALLER R View Post
    Pipe dream is that the a crack pipe. And btw do people really think Demar could get you Wiggins. I would take Wiggins right now over Demar and that has nothing to do with him being canadian. I've seen too many flashes of what Wiggins can become. Right now defensively he's already far better than Demar.

    If the cavs were to lose their minds and trade you Wiggins for Demar (Salaries aside). That's a trade you make if your Toronto. It really isn't even debatable.
    Of course I don't think a Wiggins for Demar trade is realistic, that's why the trade I suggested is:

    The Cavs wouldn't be getting just Demar, they would be getting Love too which helps there title odds NOW.

    Toronto of course gets Wiggins and might have to take a bad contract somewhere.

    The Timberwolves would be getting picks from both teams, as well as some prospects players already in the NBA like Dion, Bennet and Terrance Ross.

    This of course is hinging on the possibility that Cleveland doesn't want to trade Wiggins for Love which is understandable.

    However if trading Wiggins could net Love AND Derozan that's a different story.

    Lebron would have a Bonefide #2 in Love and and 2 all star players in Kyrie and Derozan, plus Varegao.

    Toronto of course gets Wiggins but probably takes some bad contacts back.

    Minnesota doesn't get Wiggins but gets players and lots of picks to build around.

    It all really depends on how desperate Cleveland gets to nab Love and how desperate Minnesota is to get value in a trade for Love. It looks like a who blinks first scenario here, and it might just go into a standoff for a while.



    Again, it's a long, long, long shot, but it's not 100% out of the realm of possibility.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    5,516
    vCash
    1500
    Let Wiggins develop in Cleveland and if he really wants to be here he will sign. He will learn a lot from Lebron, including how much playing for your home team means to someone. Lets enjoy the group we have. They should be taking another step forward this year.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    1,025
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by nads83 View Post
    Let Wiggins develop in Cleveland and if he really wants to be here he will sign. He will learn a lot from Lebron, including how much playing for your home team means to someone. Lets enjoy the group we have. They should be taking another step forward this year.
    Very well said. I completely agree.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    4,158
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanyo View Post
    Let Wiggins develop under Lebron and then when he's sick of being in the shadows in 4-5 years, he can come to Toronto -- by then both Lowry and Demar deals will be done. You up J Val and then whatever else needs to be done, will be done then.
    I see it like this too. Wiggins won't develop properly under LBJ, and I think he'll want to bolt as early as possible, we just gotta be in the right place to grab him

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    11,216
    vCash
    1500
    Wiggins is not Lebron guys -- almost no one is... he's not going to be averaging 24 pts this year. He'll get his feet wet and learn the NBA style of play.

    He showed flashes of greatness last year but if you remember he also had some downright horrible games -- in college ball -- so you cant expect too much from him yet.

    For the time being it's good to keep the Raps on the playoff track cause they definitely have a playoff team and not with Miami broken up, it's almost anyways conference now -- the Raps could legitimately make it to the NBA finals this year -- so I'd like to keep going this way and then after Wiggins is done his rookie deal in 4-5 years, maybe Wiggins considers Toronto...

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •