Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

The Official LeBron James Appreciation Thread

I'm not a fan of any one team, but a fan of many different players. I hope everyone (especially Heat fans) can give their appreciation for having the best basketball player on the planet for 4 years, bringing 2 more titles to Miami. I'm not sure if the majority of Heat fans will be LeBron fans still, but I'd like this thread to be the appreciation thread for the service he's given the Heat organization and their fans.

Also, list your favorite game or series in those 4 years with LeBron.
    Last edited by Redrum187; 07-11-2014 at 05:58 PM.

vCash
    Appreciate what, exactly? Being uninspired for three out of the four years he was here? He absolutely choked away the first NBA Finals with Miami, in historic fashion. He received a gift of matchups facing an even worse-coached team in OKC with even less experienced players (including Durant who, like Lebron, seems to shrink in big games), and then the past two vs. San Antonio. Last year, the Spurs gave away the championship - Lebron did not win it, especially considering Ray Allen bailing him out. This year, when "the Chosen One" was needed most, he cramped and disappeared again. His so-called "worldly" ability looked absolutely irrelevant because his mind is that of a child.

Riley was right: he's got no guts. Gilbert was right: he is a coward. The media, who made Lebron from his teenage years, wants you to believe this is some homecoming story. BS. This is a guy too scared of the pressure of his supposed greatness, who knows the bar is set way lower in Cleveland. Do you really think Lebron is opting out and leaving, if he wins a championship just weeks ago? Of course not. He is running away...and the media is all-too-happy to help his team spin this in to some kind of coming home story. As Public Enemy once said, "Don't believe the hype!"

vCash
    No thanks...

I'll appreciate him when he retires, not while he's playing for another team. Once he retires, then I'll gladly induct him into the family of HEAT legends.

In the mean time I'm not going to be nostalgic about him. I'm a HEAT fan and this is the HEAT forum. I suggest this thread be closed. We still got work to do.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by beasted86 View Post
    No thanks...

I'll appreciate him when he retires, not while he's playing for another team. Once he retires, then I'll gladly induct him into the family of HEAT legends.

In the mean time I'm not going to be nostalgic about him. I'm a HEAT fan and this is the HEAT forum. I suggest this thread be closed. We still got work to do.
    That's kinda my feeling...the ink isn't even dry yet on his contract with Cleveland and we're supposed to be appreciating him? He's treated Miami the way he treated Cleveland when he left, holding up our Free Agency period, basically making us feel like we never existed the way he's glowing and glowing all over the Cavaliers right now. Heck, he's been more favorable and respectful in the news to Dan freaking Gilbert than he has Pat Riley.

vCash
    I cant say that now. But i am happy for him to go back to home since i read his letter.
    http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=66435&dateline=140520  2166

vCash
    My competetive side doesn't want to appreciate him because we could have been three-peat or four-peat in this four year, especially on his performance on year 1. But putting our beloved team in history as back to back champs is good enough for me. Too bad that we couldn't get to the mt. Olympus of nba or he couldn't beat jordan or kobe by doing the 4peat. He will be my enemy when it's game time, that's for sure. Thanks lebron!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by beasted86 View Post
    No thanks...

Why should this be closed? If you don't want to appreciate his services, I completely understand, but no one is making you do it in this thread. I intended it for those Heat fans that want to show their appreciation.

Perhaps if I was emotionally invested in a team, I'd feel similarly, but I just love the game and certain players.
    Last edited by Redrum187; 07-11-2014 at 08:10 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mambo Kings View Post
    Appreciate what, exactly? Being uninspired for three out of the four years he was here? He absolutely choked away the first NBA Finals with Miami, in historic fashion. He received a gift of matchups facing an even worse-coached team in OKC with even less experienced players (including Durant who, like Lebron, seems to shrink in big games), and then the past two vs. San Antonio. Last year, the Spurs gave away the championship - Lebron did not win it, especially considering Ray Allen bailing him out. This year, when "the Chosen One" was needed most, he cramped and disappeared again. His so-called "worldly" ability looked absolutely irrelevant because his mind is that of a child.

Riley was right: he's got no guts. Gilbert was right: he is a coward. The media, who made Lebron from his teenage years, wants you to believe this is some homecoming story. BS. This is a guy too scared of the pressure of his supposed greatness, who knows the bar is set way lower in Cleveland. Do you really think Lebron is opting out and leaving, if he wins a championship just weeks ago? Of course not. He is running away...and the media is all-too-happy to help his team spin this in to some kind of coming home story. As Public Enemy once said, "Don't believe the hype!"
    here i am for 4 yrs thinking i was the only heat fan who jumped off Miami because of my disdain for Lebron. i mirror every sentiment in this reply.

"A lot of basketball players today are overpaid & it influences their game & work ethics in a negative way. They've been given things they haven't earned and I think the game has been cheated." - Michael Jordan

"Without honor winning holds no value. When one lacks true virtues, victory becomes empty & the unethical triumphs." - B. Modigliani

#LoyaltyOverRoyalty

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Redrum187 View Post
    I'm not a fan of any one team, but a fan of many different players. I hope everyone (especially Heat fans) can give their appreciation for having the best basketball player on the planet for 4 years, bringing 2 more titles to Miami. I'm not sure if the majority of Heat fans will be LeBron fans still, but I'd like this thread to be the appreciation thread for the service he's given the Heat organization and their fans.

Also, list your favorite game or series in those 4 years with LeBron.
    i really cannot appreciate somebody, who is not a long time Miami follower, coming in here and suggest we bow down & give praise & thanks to the fake king coward.....who, at the end of the day seems to always run away when things get tough. Take your appreciation & shove it.....and i mean that in the nicest way possible

"A lot of basketball players today are overpaid & it influences their game & work ethics in a negative way. They've been given things they haven't earned and I think the game has been cheated." - Michael Jordan

"Without honor winning holds no value. When one lacks true virtues, victory becomes empty & the unethical triumphs." - B. Modigliani

#LoyaltyOverRoyalty

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 3ballbomber View Post
    i really cannot appreciate somebody, who is not a long time Miami follower, coming in here and suggest we bow down & give praise & thanks to the fake king coward.....who, at the end of the day seems to always run away when things get tough. Take your appreciation & shove it.....and i mean that in the nicest way possible
    I am not going to take your message personally. You're projecting your frustration of LeBron leaving on me for having/expressing appreciation for him.

What I'm confused about is that you call him names, yet when he left Cleveland to join the Heat, he wasn't any of those things. It is a very similar situation, only one could argue he did worse to Cleveland when he left.

At the end of the day, I understand you, and some other fans, not wanting to show any appreciating. (This thread was not to force anyone to show it....)
    Last edited by Redrum187; 07-11-2014 at 08:20 PM.

vCash
    I am not going to take your message personally. You're projecting your frustration of LeBron leaving on me for having/expressing appreciation for him.

What I'm confused about is that you call him names, yet when he left Cleveland to join the Heat, he wasn't any of those things. It is a very similar situating, only one could argue he did worse to Cleveland when he left.

At the end of the day, I understand you, and some other fans, not wanting to show any appreciating. (This thread was not to force anyone to show it....)
    huh? he's always been a coward, a quitter & a disloyal, selfish, egomaniac. NOTHING has changed.......him running, AGAIN, to the first door out, when things get tough further reiterates that.

Appreciate this i mean that in the most lovable way possible

#LoyaltyOverRoyalty

vCash
    How about the fact that we had to give up 2 first rounders to get this guy his sixth year on his contract to leave after the 4th anyways. You bailed before you showed that you can fight through adversity. Give us our picks back and we won't be so bitter.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 3ballbomber View Post
    huh? he's always been a coward, a quitter & a disloyal, selfish, egomaniac. NOTHING has changed.......him running, AGAIN, to the first door out, when things get tough further reiterates that.

Appreciate this i mean that in the most lovable way possible
    If you always thought this and never defended him in the past, then you are a rare exception.

I don't get why you're upset with me. Lol (I don't take offense and I'm taking it in the nicest way possible. )

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MiamiLoyal926 View Post
    How about the fact that we had to give up 2 first rounders to get this guy his sixth year on his contract to leave after the 4th anyways. You bailed before you showed that you can fight through adversity. Give us our picks back and we won't be so bitter.
    I mean this as respectfully and tactfully as possible: LeBron James and the Cleveland Cavaliers don't owe the Heat anything. It would be a bad team decision just to hand them draft picks. It's unhealthy to wish or expect or hold a grudge for that, though, I can't say I wouldn't feel the same way if I was a Heat fan.

vCash
    If you always thought this and never defended him in the past, then you are a rare exception.

I don't get why you're upset with me. Lol (I don't take offense and I'm taking it in the nicest way possible. )
    this is 4 yrs of frustration & agitation. I think i'm allowed to vent a little

#LoyaltyOverRoyalty

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast