Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: How many games do the Red Sox win?

Voters
4. You may not vote on this poll

0 0%

2 50.00%

1 25.00%

1 25.00%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

Red Sox (41-51) @ Astros (39-54)

-----------

Boston Red Sox -vs- Houston Astros

Game 1

Friday, July 11 - 8:10 ET
    TV: NESN

-------------

RHP John Lackey vs RHP Scott Feldman

Name IP ERA K/9 BB/9 BABIP
    Lackey 117.1 3.84 8.31 1.76 .316
    Feldman 84 3.86 5.57 2.25 .287

Game 2

Saturday, July 12 - 4:10 ET
    NESN

-------------

RHP Jake Peavy vs RHP TBA

Peavy 110.2 4.64 6.83 3.42 .298
    TBA 0 0.00 0.00 0.00 .000

Game 3

Sunday, July 13 - 2:10 ET
    TV: NESN

-------------

RHP Clay Buchholz vs RHP TBA

Buchholz 70.2 6.11 6.37 3.18 .340
    TBA 0 0.00 0.00 0.00 .000

vCash
    7/11 at HOU: Holt RF, Pedroia 2B, Ortiz DH, Carp 1B, Nava LF, Bradley Jr. CF, Bogaerts 3B, Drew SS, Vazquez C, Lackey RHP

Is Betts really being used as a platoon hitter? Carp cleanup is funny.

vCash
    Why is Peavy still here? And Altuve is a must watch player in the series.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by -Lavigne43- View Post
    7/11 at HOU: Holt RF, Pedroia 2B, Ortiz DH, Carp 1B, Nava LF, Bradley Jr. CF, Bogaerts 3B, Drew SS, Vazquez C, Lackey RHP

Is Betts really being used as a platoon hitter? Carp cleanup is funny.
    Drives me nuts, call the kid up and let him play everyday (or at least 5 games a week) or send him back to AAA where he is playing everyday.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Station 13 View Post
    It would be nice to get one more good start for his trade value. I'm not sure how much it would help, but in trade discussions you can say hes turned it around with 3 very good starts in a row, 5 out of 6 good starts with one disaster start. Trade him over the ASB.

vCash
    2 out of 3.
    With the deepest of regrets I am announcing that I will be leaving Pro Sports Daily. No reason in particular but wanted to thank everyone for a great 6 years here. Lots of great discussion and good poll series as well. Also fun re-drafts. Best of luck to you all in the future.

vCash
    Awesome hitting from Vazquez going the other way twice for doubles.

I think Bogaerts needs to get sent down. There's no article that can convince me that he's confident, he looks lost up there. Approach deteriorated and no solid contact.

vCash
    Who are the announcers from this game?

vCash
    I don't see how sending him down would help him in any way, I think it would just crush his confidence even more. He has already shown he can play at this level, he has never slumped before in his career, he has to learn how to get out of it. We didn't send Pedroia down after he had a horrific start to his career. This is the same thing, except it's a horrible slump after 6 months of major league success. I really have no worries about him, he was ridiculously hot before this slump. Beginning of June he was the best position player on the team, and one of the best SS's in the AL. I think a combination of the teams offense struggling horribly, and him being at a position more known as a power position screwed up his approach and timing. Hes never struggled before, he will get out of it and he will be a better player for it.

Also, what kind of drugs do you have to be on to intentionally walk Stephen Drew right now? Crazy.

vCash
    Just hope Peavy doesn't get injured tomorrow.
    WTA's Next Rising Superstar - #5 in the World at age 20!

Montreal's Sweetheart Eugenie Bouchard

Go Genie Go!

vCash
    the slider is a pitch from hell for Bogaerts.

vCash
    ‏@brianmacp 3m
    Lackey on Vazquez: "He's awesome. Really catches the ball well. Really sticks the low pitch."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Station 13 View Post
    He's still here while the Sox look for a trade that they like for him. You would have cut him some time ago as you said over and over and over.

To their credit they stuck with him, and he's posted a 2.25 ERA in his past two games with weak sister Houston in front of him.

He's not an ace anymore, those days are long gone, but in the NL he can function as a strong #4 SP without a doubt, even a #3 in some parks. That's worth a lot more than DFA'ing him and eating the money.
    Last edited by bagwell368; 07-12-2014 at 07:07 AM.

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

Some jerks never learn.....

vCash
    ‏@brianmacp 3m
    Lackey on Vazquez: "He's awesome. Really catches the ball well. Really sticks the low pitch."
    the anti AJP... helps in part explain the teams play since. Vazquez in his first 3 seasons might well hit under .220, but, not too many will complain about it.

I get a kick out of those saying it's him or Swihart, but you can't carry both. Really? Vazquez plays 110 at C, Swihart gets 50 at C and 75 at DH in say 2016.

Catchers are too prone to early decline and nasty injuries to force a choice early on. See what happens, we have years of control with both.

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

vCash
    I don't see how sending him down would help him in any way, I think it would just crush his confidence even more. He has already shown he can play at this level, he has never slumped before in his career, he has to learn how to get out of it. We didn't send Pedroia down after he had a horrific start to his career. This is the same thing, except it's a horrible slump after 6 months of major league success. I really have no worries about him, he was ridiculously hot before this slump. Beginning of June he was the best position player on the team, and one of the best SS's in the AL. I think a combination of the teams offense struggling horribly, and him being at a position more known as a power position screwed up his approach and timing. Hes never struggled before, he will get out of it and he will be a better player for it.

Also, what kind of drugs do you have to be on to intentionally walk Stephen Drew right now? Crazy.
    The position change argument is a chimera. He had one bad game, then ripped for a week. It's the slider. They should have or get a guy that can throw a ML level slider on staff and work with him during BP instead of XB just nailing 88 MPH FB's which doesn't do him much good right now. He's got to learn to read the grip if possible and the rotation for sure. Also wouldn't hurt to steal some signals in games if possible.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast