Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

PF Type best suited for DeMarcus

Kings scouring the market for a shot-blocker or stretch-four to play alongside DeMarcus Cousins, league source says.
    https://twitter.com/KBergCBS/status/487685259165962240

Should the Kings go after a stretch PF? or a defensive minded PF?
    2014 Indianapolis Colts: Let's Hunt

<3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck
    "Luck has the most diverse skill set of any NFL quarterback" - Ron Jaworski on Andrew Luck being a top 5 QB

vCash
    Defensive minded PF. Wait, what's wrong with Reggie Evans??

vCash

I want Ryan Anderson. He is a good rebounder not a terrible defender and will stop scoring 30 points a game against us haha

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cvietti23 View Post
    I want Ryan Anderson. He is a good rebounder not a terrible defender and will stop scoring 30 points a game against us haha
    With the pelicans getting Asik, it could be possible...maybe

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ATLKoos16 View Post
    wussup with getting carlos boozer!

vCash
    I think ideally you get a PF that does both... Someone who can hit shots- and block shots. You don't necessarily need a 3 pt shooting big... Just someone with length and a decent shot.

I think pau, dirk, bosh are good examples. Obviously, it's tough to get that type of player. I thought bargnani would develop into that- but he hasn't. Also, Cody zeller was a target of mine on the draft. He's very athletic and can shoot.

I think this question is also affected by the rest of the teams balance... If we focus on getting outside shooting at other positions, then we don't need as much of a 3 pt threat from our PF. Drafting Stauskas helps. But, more importantly, I think the PG position is key. If you have a defensive distributing PG like rondo- you need an outside shooting PF. So Ryan Anderson is needed. But having a scoring PG- you can focus on defense at PF- so you need an Ed Davis.

Ideally- we are able to swing a deal with the sixers for one of their shot blockers... If both are healthy and worthy of their draft spot- they'll have two great shot blockers.

On a side note- spencer hawes is actually a player who fits well with cousins. Can block and can shoot. Only wish he was a tad bit better...

vCash

<<@Chris_Broussard: Source: Cavs have told Wiggins he's not being traded. TWolves want Wiggins. Cavs will try 2 do it w/out losing Wiggins. Must find 3rd team>>

How bout hopping in this deal
    Cavs get: Kevin love, Jason Terry
    Wolves get: 2 future firsts from Cavs, doin Waiters and Ben McLemore
    Kings get: Martin and gorgui dieng, 2nd rd pick from Cavs

vCash
    No way

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cvietti23 View Post
    <<@Chris_Broussard: Source: Cavs have told Wiggins he's not being traded. TWolves want Wiggins. Cavs will try 2 do it w/out losing Wiggins. Must find 3rd team>>

How bout hopping in this deal
    Cavs get: Kevin love, Jason Terry
    Wolves get: 2 future firsts from Cavs, doin Waiters and Ben McLemore
    Kings get: Martin and gorgui dieng, 2nd rd pick from Cavs
    No thanks

vCash
    You guys obviously don't watch much Kings basketball. Between Petrie and PDA, it's been established that we need a below average, undersized PF. We've tried T-Rob, Hayes, Landry twice, P Pat, Acy, and Evans; but we haven't found the right guy just yet. I hoping we go after Dejuan Blair and/or Jason Maxiell this summer.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ATLKoos16 View Post
    Will be interesting to see how the Kings use that trade exception... Andersen does fall in that Smith/Sanders contract range that would make sense.

<3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck
    "Luck has the most diverse skill set of any NFL quarterback" - Ron Jaworski on Andrew Luck being a top 5 QB

vCash
    I agree with y'all. This smells like a Josh Smith, Thad Young, Ryan Anderson, Larry Sanders or even Rondo move next. If its not, this was handled so poorly.

vCash
    Please. Something in return. Smith would actually be a great fit next to cousins if he could just hit his shots.

vCash
    Smith could be a good fit, but he's a big risk for sure.

To the question, I think a defensive, shot blocking power forward is the better fit. We can get the floor-spacing three point shooting out of our other positions, but we need our other big to pick up the slack defensively in the paint. I don't worry about where that pf plays on offense because Cousins can play just about anywhere if need be.
    2014 Adopt-a-Packer: Micah Hyde

vCash
    In the most recent sacbee chat, Jason Jones says that Cousins is a big fan of Larry Sanders. Take that for what it's worth.

<3

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast