Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Has the "Wiggins era" begun?

So, LeBron got back to Cleveland, prodigous son returns, fogriveness blah blah blah whatever.

What I'm interested in, is possible Wiggins arrival to Minnesota. Could this be the a start of a new era for TWolves? Is Wiggins going to be traded here? Is he going to develop into a superstar? Is he going to stay in Minnesota, or pull a Kevin Love?

Wolves United

vCash
    https://twitter.com/KBergCBS/status/487648927374934018

FWIW -

"As the LeBron after-effects crank up, word among multiple team execs is No. 1 pick Andrew Wiggins will be in play in Kevin Love trade."

vCash
    It's not a done deal but it certainly is a scenario that becomes realistically possible. And of course we all can read into the fact that Lebron didn't mention Wiggins in his essay and did say that he was excited to play with "some of" Cleveland's young players.

Wiggins looks every bit of a good young player with great potential. Comparisons come in the form of everyone from Andre Iguodala to Paul George to McGrady. As far as keeping him around, we can control his contract for 8-9 years and... here's the funny part - he's from Canada so being in Minnesota might be desirable as far as being closer to home?

vCash
    Well, the Cavs play the Bucks tonight. Should be interesting to see if Cleveland starts him or sits him. Could be an indication.

vCash
    Well, whatever the case, I was thinking that Kevin Love time here doesn't deserve to be called "Kevin Love era". He was a tremendous player for us, you could even argue that he was in Kevin Garnett level, but there was simply no success whatsoever, not even a playoff appearance..

With Wiggins, this could be an historic moment. Provided that
    1) Trade does happen, which seems logical for both sides at this moment
    2) Wiggins does become a franchise changer
    Seems possible, since he's projected to develop a two-way game, unlike Love, and has the physicall tools.
    3) Our FO does manage to finally build a top tier team

Wolves United

vCash
    meh, let the trade happen, and then I will get super pumped.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    It will be good to have an "optimistic" Hawkeye back on the board. I'm holding back my enthusiasm, too, until something gets done. If it does, it'll take me back to the day when we drafted KG and got to watch his development as a rookie. The reason I love college ball as much as I do is the thrill of watching the freshman come in and develop.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SlimKid View Post
    Well, the Cavs play the Bucks tonight. Should be interesting to see if Cleveland starts him or sits him. Could be an indication.
    I don't think that a trade will go down that early where you sit him. Cleveland has every reason to play him and hope that he plays well.

vCash
    I'm not excited until I read it's final. Until then I assume the Cavs won't include him but are willing to give up virtually nothing. Flip waits... We get little for Love.

That's the baseline situation in my mind.
    Quote Originally Posted by viksalltheway! View Post
    guys like me would be more like an assistant to the GM
    The Minnesota Twins rank in the top 7 when it comes to assessing the strength of team....announcers. http://awfulannouncing.com/2014/your...medium=twitter

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    feel the same can't help but to think we're setting ourselves up for disappointment.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lilchuckdoubles View Post
    feel the same can't help but to think we're setting ourselves up for disappointment.
    oh, we are. Wiggins knee caps will explode out of his body tonight in his 1st summer league game, and he will tear everything with the letter "L" being the last letter in his body.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WSU Tony View Post
    I'm not excited until I read it's final. Until then I assume the Cavs won't include him but are willing to give up virtually nothing. Flip waits... We get little for Love.

That's the baseline situation in my mind.
    Same here - not expecting anything good to come out of this.

PSD Grammar Lesson #1:

a) their - stands for "belonging to them"
    b) there - means "over there" as in location
    c) they're - short for "they are"

vCash
    What if they offer Kyrie for Love and Rubio - do we bite?

PSD Grammar Lesson #1:

a) their - stands for "belonging to them"
    b) there - means "over there" as in location
    c) they're - short for "they are"

vCash
    You guys are gluttons for pain and despair. Dumb luck happens to bad teams every so often, we might just have stumbled into ours.

vCash
    from the cavs side it makes HUGE sense to include wiggins, if needed, in order to get love. with love, kyrie, and LeBron they become legit championship contenders. with wiggins they are near the top of the east but not legit contenders yet. I hope it happens and think it will. would love to see us get wiggins and Bennett. would much rather have wiggins and bennett than klay, more fun to see what they become

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast