Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 53
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    8,795
    vCash
    1500

    Tracking the Red Sox 2015 First Round Draft Pick

    Seeing that the season hasn't gone according to plan, it is now time for the Red Sox to start planning for the future.

    I figured instead of tracking every questionable call by John Farrell, every Clay Buchholz ineffective start/DL trip, and every time Ortiz questions an official scorer, we can track the Red Sox 2015 first round pick.

    As it stands currently, here is how the MLB's 30 teams currently rank from top to bottom in the overall standings (7/11/14.):

    1. OAK -
    2. LAA 3.5GB
    3. DET 5.0GB
    4. MIL 6.0GB
    5. LAD 7.0GB
    6. BAL 7.5GB
    7. WAS 8.0GB
    8. SF 8.0GB
    9. ATL 8.0GB
    10.STL 8.5GB
    11.SEA 9.0GB
    12.CIN 9.0GB
    13.PIT 10.0GB
    14.KC 10.5GB
    15.TOR 10.5GB
    16.NYY 11.5GB
    17.CLE 12.5GB
    18.MIA 13.5GB
    19.CHW 14.5GB
    20.MIN 15.5GB
    21.NYM 16.0GB
    22.TBR 17.0GB
    23.PHI 17.0GB
    24.BOS 17.0GB
    25.SD 18.0GB
    26.CHC 18.5GB
    27.COL 19.0GB
    28.HOU 19.5GB
    29.ARI 19.5GB
    30.TEX 20.0GB

    *If teams are tied in the standings, the tiebreaker is how the teams finished in the standings the previous year. Basically means that the Red Sox lose all tie breakers.

    **Also, this order doesn't account for any teams failure to sign their 2014 first round picks, thus impacting the 2015 draft order.

    ***Obviously, all teams haven't played the same amount of games.

    As it stands right now the Red Sox would have a top 10 protected pick (#9 due to tiebreakers.) They need to stop this little 2 game win streak they've put together
    Last edited by goshhhjosh; 07-11-2014 at 11:58 AM.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    220
    vCash
    500
    Apparently the team hasn't gotten the memo to engage in Mission Matuella.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    7,109
    vCash
    1500
    holy crap Texas is that awful? They spent 300M last off-season didn't they?

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    922
    vCash
    1500
    Hate to say it, I was almost bummed when we came back in game 2 against the White Sox. Ventura is an idiot, Sale was cruising. We had no business winning that game. I wouldn't of mind game 3 as much, but 2 game winning streaks won't lock up a top 10 protected pick. Before that winning streak I'm pretty sure we were within 1G of being in the top 3.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Greenville, SC
    Posts
    15,162
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Station 13 View Post
    holy crap Texas is that awful? They spent 300M last off-season didn't they?
    They lost like 3 of their SP to injury in ST, Prince had neck surgery and was lost for the season, and Mitch Moreland missed time as well. It's been a perfect storm of injury for them.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    8,795
    vCash
    1500
    Alright, just a little update on the standings. If the season ended today 7/14/14 this would be the draft order for the top 10:

    1) TEX - 21GB
    2) HOU - 19.5GB
    3) ARI - 19.5GB
    4) COL - 19GB
    5) CHC - 18.5GB
    6) SD - 18GB
    7) PHI - 17GB
    8) TB - 16GB
    9) BOS - 16GB
    10) MIA - 14.5GB


    *GB are games back of OAK seeing that they currently hold the best overall record in MLB. The #1 pick is still attainable

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Southeast, MA
    Posts
    1,176
    vCash
    1500
    As much as I would like to see them draft that low again, I'm not sure I entirely see it. Mostly because I still believe in the improvement of our young players, whose improved play should allow us to win more games in the next few months. I could see us winding up outside of the top 10.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    17,753
    vCash
    1500
    any can't miss prospects this year?


    lol, small kid got tripped by a tuba player

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    8,795
    vCash
    1500
    After their abysmal stretch...the Red Sox would now be picking #8...we're getting there. I can see the Red Sox getting the #6 pick. They'd have to out-suck the Cubs (who have been doing this well for over a century), Rockies, and Astros is going to be tough.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    922
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by goshhhjosh View Post
    After their abysmal stretch...the Red Sox would now be picking #8...we're getting there. I can see the Red Sox getting the #6 pick. They'd have to out-suck the Cubs (who have been doing this well for over a century), Rockies, and Astros is going to be tough.
    We're only 5 games out of Rangers worst record. 1 back from Dbacks and Phillies
    3 back Cubs
    3.5 Rockies
    4 Astros

    and back probably isn't the right term but I'm use to trying to win the division and not the reverse standings.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    8,795
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by RaginRondo17 View Post
    We're only 5 games out of Rangers worst record. 1 back from Dbacks and Phillies
    3 back Cubs
    3.5 Rockies
    4 Astros

    and back probably isn't the right term but I'm use to trying to win the division and not the reverse standings.
    Well the starting rotation should look drastically different after today. If Lester and Lackey both get traded our rotation is going to be:

    Buchholz
    De La Rosa
    Webster
    Workman
    Ranaudo

    So they could still technically catch the Rangers. I just more or less see the Red Sox picking around #6 next year. Obviously the Astro's are guaranteed of having the 2nd pick due to their failure to sign Aiken, so the Sox won't be picking 2nd, I just think they'd have to try really hard to suck that bad lol.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    922
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by goshhhjosh View Post
    Well the starting rotation should look drastically different after today. If Lester and Lackey both get traded our rotation is going to be:

    Buchholz
    De La Rosa
    Webster
    Workman
    Ranaudo

    So they could still technically catch the Rangers. I just more or less see the Red Sox picking around #6 next year. Obviously the Astro's are guaranteed of having the 2nd pick due to their failure to sign Aiken, so the Sox won't be picking 2nd, I just think they'd have to try really hard to suck that bad lol.
    It nice to think though we are only 3 games out from a top 5 pick. If we make the right Lester/Lackey trade and then have the ammo of a top 5 pick in June are farm could really become dangerous.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    922
    vCash
    1500
    1. Texas Rangers 43-65 (0.398%)
    2. Houston Astros 44-65 (0.404%)--Picked Locked IN
    3. Houston Astros 44-65 (0.404%) 0.5 GB
    4. Colorado Rockies 44-64 (0.407%) 1.0 GB
    5. Chicago Cubs 45-62 (0.421%) 2.5 GB
    6. Philadelphia Phillies 48-61 (0.440) 4.5 GB
    7. Arizona Diamondbacks 48-61 (0.440) 4.5 GB
    8. San Diego Padres 48-60 (0.444) 5.0 GB
    9. Boston Red Sox 48-60 (0.444) 5.0 GB
    10. Minnesota Twins 48-59 (0.449) 5.5 GB
    11. New York Mets 52-56 (0.481) 9.0 GB

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Portland, Maine
    Posts
    2,792
    vCash
    1500
    Within 5 games of a #1 pick. Id be real happy with a top 3

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    922
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by ruckus16969 View Post
    Within 5 games of a #1 pick. Id be real happy with a top 3
    6 within Texas now with last night win against the Yankees.
    Tied with SD (they hold tie-breaker.)
    .5 back from Phillies and Twins.
    1.5 Cubs and top 5 pick

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •