Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Dick Monfort - "maybe Denver doesn't deserve a franchise"

Apparently Dick Monfort had some colorful words to say to some of his critics via email.

"maybe Denver doesn’t deserve a franchise, maybe time for it to find a new home."

"If product and experience is that bad don't come!"

Then he backpedaled and said he meant that maybe he doesn't deserve a franchise in Denver, which I think is absolute ********. He knew what he was saying. I doubt he sells the team or even less likely, moves it. But perhaps he's considering it after all. It does appear the franchise is wearing him down according to Mark Kliszla.

vCash
    I hope this doesn't come off as trolling, because I really am not trying to be disparaging at all.

I don't know if a baseball team can ever work in Colorado, the altitude is so high, if you gave the rays Madden and the Tampa Bay front office, and the Dodgers back account, I don't know if this team could ever experience sustained success here because of the altitude. The franchise might be better off moving somewhere a little lower in elevation. The Diamondbacks have sustained success, and won a title at a high elevation, but not this high of one. I feel bad saying that too, but it seems at least on the surface to be true.

vCash
    Went to the World Series in 07 and made the playoffs in 09 with Kelly McGregor's front office. Obviously the altitude is somewhat of an issue, but the humidor does help. The bigger issue is just how big the outfield is. That causes the higher era than the bombs. If the Monforts were wise, put a dome over Coors, hire a baseball mind, some additional humidity and move the fences. Is it more difficult? Absolutely. But to say it's impossible to have a successful franchise here with a decent payroll and a competent front office, we absolutely can contend. Here's an article that kinda goes in to it a bit more http://www.denverpost.com/paige/ci_2...iser-run-their

vCash
    this guy doesnt spend the money or make the moves to move us closer to a championship, hes been content with average for the last seasons. the fans are gonna complain, what does he expect? he does watch the Broncos doesnt he, the fans come flocking to high talent.

sig made by DB
    "I think that's why I came out numerous times and said I want to win," Tulowitzki said. "It doesn't mean I want out of here. It means I'm sick and tired of losing."
    GET A ACE PITCHER ROCKIES

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ciaban View Post
    I hope this doesn't come off as trolling, because I really am not trying to be disparaging at all.

I don't know if a baseball team can ever work in Colorado, the altitude is so high, if you gave the rays Madden and the Tampa Bay front office, and the Dodgers back account, I don't know if this team could ever experience sustained success here because of the altitude. The franchise might be better off moving somewhere a little lower in elevation. The Diamondbacks have sustained success, and won a title at a high elevation, but not this high of one. I feel bad saying that too, but it seems at least on the surface to be true.

we have no pitching. altitude is irrelevant. ur telling me if we had Kershaw in a Colorado Uni, he'd suck here due to the altitude. lol. its cowards way out. Colorado never had any real pitching talent. SO SHUT IT. everyone knows this. people and their theories here are out of line. weve made to a world series with just ubaldo. im sure were fine! ugh people! dont think.

sig made by DB
    "I think that's why I came out numerous times and said I want to win," Tulowitzki said. "It doesn't mean I want out of here. It means I'm sick and tired of losing."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mudvayne91 View Post
    Went to the World Series in 07 and made the playoffs in 09 with Kelly McGregor's front office. Obviously the altitude is somewhat of an issue, but the humidor does help. The bigger issue is just how big the outfield is. That causes the higher era than the bombs. If the Monforts were wise, put a dome over Coors, hire a baseball mind, some additional humidity and move the fences. Is it more difficult? Absolutely. But to say it's impossible to have a successful franchise here with a decent payroll and a competent front office, we absolutely can contend. Here's an article that kinda goes in to it a bit more http://www.denverpost.com/paige/ci_2...iser-run-their
    are best pitcher is De la rosa, NUFF said. dont think you have to explain yourself, altitude is irrelevant. all top ball clubs have Ace Pitching, Verlander, Kershaw, Wainwright, Lester, etc.

ubaldo has his best years here, we just need someone that has ace talent to take us to the next level, with are batting of cargo, tulo and justin, blackmon, and nolan. were good!

sig made by DB

vCash
    Ubaldo proved you can pitch here with the humidor. If you get pitchers who can throw heat it will work. Not only that then you will have guys taking discounts to hit at Coors. Monforts are dumb though and refuse to fire anyone and start over, hell they even have managers quitting leaving millions on the table. It is sad but they aren't changing.

vCash
    Looks like we're getting some national press http://www.foxsports.com/mlb/story/c...onzalez-072114

vCash
    It's a pity, we have literally everything but a good rotation. Lyles is good, De la Rosa is too, but theyre back of rotation guys if you wanna win. we need Gray and David Price, duo to give this team a huge lift.

Monfort is a JOKE, get him out of town!

sig made by DB