Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Whats the latest with our TV situation??

Hey guys, anyone hearing anything about TW negotiations with Directv? Or any of the other cable companies. I have not heard anything lately. Are they just ignoring us now? I have sent a few emails to the Dodgers and they just send me this pathetic response that says the cable companies are working it out.

So far we've missed two no-hitters, a resurging team that has overtaken 1st place and possibly Vin Scully's last season!!!!

I thinks its time to do something. Perhaps an organized boycott of actually attending at least 1 Dodger home game. We need to send a message not only to TW but the Dodgers themselves that they can't just ignore the fans who support the team. Imagine what one home game with only 5,000-10,000 fans showing will cost the team? Concessions alone with hurt them.

I live 3 hours away from LA so only get to go to about 5-8 games per year and not tuned into whats actually happening in LA with the fans and this total blackout of TV games. Someone give me some good news!

vCash
    Isn't this out of the Dodger's hands? TWC is the one that paid 8 billion for the rights. Is there any executive from the Dodgers at the negotiating table or is it just TWC?

vCash
    While the Dodgers are probably not sitting at the negotiating table, you can bet they certainly have a vested interest and do have a lot of muscle available to them. The current situation is drastically hurting their market share and fan enjoyment. With only 30% of all of southern california able to sign on with TW, you could argue its hurting the Dodger brand name. Directv isn't going to budge since they are not losing tv customers to TW, like me I don't even have access to TW cable, so no need to cancel my Directv. TW is just holding out because they must think that eventually Directv customers and all others will change to them. So no one is moving on this issue. So I think the Dodgers themselves need to push the envelope.

vCash
    TWC and Directv are both in the process of mergers. TWC with Comcast and Directv with AT&T. With that going on, I don't see a quick settlement for the games being broadcast anywhere but TWC. I personally have resigned myself to watching game streams on the computer. My hope is the clowns at least have a settlement before next season starts.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by homerfan102 View Post
    TWC and Directv are both in the process of mergers. TWC with Comcast and Directv with AT&T. With that going on, I don't see a quick settlement for the games being broadcast anywhere but TWC. I personally have resigned myself to watching game streams on the computer. My hope is the clowns at least have a settlement before next season starts.
    True. I have twc so it doesn't affect me and I am very happy with the network. However I can see the dilemma of others. It sucks. However, when we are in the playoffs at least you can watch those games! Optimistic tthinking, pass it on!! Lol.

vCash
    Dish Network still doesn't have the Lakers. That means they're even less likely to put the Dodgers on.

Future Hall of Shamers:
    (1) B.A.L.C.O. Barroids (2) Mark McJuicer (3) Jose Chem-seco (4) Rafael Palmeiroids (5) Ken Chem-initi (6) Jason Gi-andro (7) Ryan Fraud (8) Muscle Melk (9) Woman-Ram (10) Shammy Sosa (11) Roger Clear-mens (12) A-Roid

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DigglinDickers View Post
    Isn't this out of the Dodger's hands? TWC is the one that paid 8 billion for the rights. Is there any executive from the Dodgers at the negotiating table or is it just TWC?
    They want a deal with Direct T.V. too, it's unfortunately taking forever. I don't think anyone is particularly to blame, but no one's hands are clean.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by homerfan102 View Post
    Let's hope At&t and Comcast do a better job of negotiating.

vCash
    I have Charter & still nothing for me
    I have recently just put a radio into my room so I can at least listen to the games with out having to go anywhere else in the house.

vCash
    There's a way to watch the Dodgers without TWC. Just google "how to watch blacked out MLB games" and you have your answer. Use unlocator

I've been watching for 2 months, steep price however, 30 bucks per month.

vCash
    I call Dish every 3 months or so and complain and get free stuff.........

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by spanky006 View Post
    I call Dish every 3 months or so and complain and get free stuff.........
    Like what?

Future Hall of Shamers:
    (1) B.A.L.C.O. Barroids (2) Mark McJuicer (3) Jose Chem-seco (4) Rafael Palmeiroids (5) Ken Chem-initi (6) Jason Gi-andro (7) Ryan Fraud (8) Muscle Melk (9) Woman-Ram (10) Shammy Sosa (11) Roger Clear-mens (12) A-Roid