Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Cleary Re-Signed

Yup. Let's see what ******** excuse you guys make for Holland this time. Should be comical as always.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trueblue2 View Post
    And there's no shame in banging fat chicks. They're normally down to do anything and theyll build your confidence. Even Mike trout had to tear up the minors before he got called up to the show.

EDIT: do not use tinder to tear up minors, you will go to jail.

vCash
    Cleary and Quincey re-signed.

Come at me guys

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RedWings13 View Post
    Yup. Let's see what ******** excuse you guys make for Holland this time. Should be comical as always.
    Is this really that upsetting? Its a one year deal and he'll play on the 4th line or be scratched most nights. I don't think this 1 to 2 million dollars is going to be the difference between them making any kind of big move. We might as well use the money for something.

vCash
    Cleary was OK in 12/13 but in 13/14 couldn't play any role. His knees are shot and we got depth. He's getting this based on the deal last year where he signed for.

I'm not going to *****. Should be the 14th or 15th forward.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BranWingss View Post
    Cleary was OK in 12/13 but in 13/14 couldn't play any role. His knees are shot and we got depth. He's getting this based on the deal last year where he signed for.

I'm not going to *****. Should be the 14th or 15th forward.
    Absolutely. His body is worn out and he's not anything close to what he used to be. I do not see any harm in this move though.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RedWings734 View Post
    Is this really that upsetting? Its a one year deal and he'll play on the 4th line or be scratched most nights. I don't think this 1 to 2 million dollars is going to be the difference between them making any kind of big move. We might as well use the money for something.
    Are you ****ing kidding me? Because now instead of the kids, you know, the players who are going to have to take the team over once Datsyuk and Zetterberg retire soon, get less ice time or even possibly don't even get a roster spot like Nyquist didn't get last year, same as Tatar for like the first 20 games. What the hell could possibly even go right with this signing? We're wasting cap space. We're wasting a roster spot. We're wasting playing time for Nyquist, Tatar, Jurco, hell even guys like Pulkinnen and Callahan. Cleary is done, he sucks, we wasted cap space, we wasted a roster spot, we wasted playing time, we became a worse team, we wasted experience for our young players. How the **** can one even try to defend this, it's so ****ing baffling to me. Open your goddamn eyes and realize that Holland is simply living off of his reputation these days then maybe people wouldn't defend his terrible ****ing moves like this.
    And there's no shame in banging fat chicks. They're normally down to do anything and theyll build your confidence. Even Mike trout had to tear up the minors before he got called up to the show.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RedWings734 View Post
    Absolutely. His body is worn out and he's not anything close to what he used to be. I do not see any harm in this move though.
    I mean, sure, what the hell could possibly go wrong with signing a useless player and playing him over the kids who are eventually going to lead the future of the Detroit Red Wings

vCash
    Guessing it was a verbal agreement from last year. We have cap. He will get the pay and likely play 30 games.

Holland sucks thing is getting old.

vCash
    It's not getting old. It's the ******** excuses for why whenever he makes a ****** signing or trade and never takes any criticism on this site is what is getting old.

vCash
    Was cool with the Cleary signing last year. This year, no but we've seen Babs go kids over Clears. You know that. Had to be a verbal thing from last year. 80% sure of that.

Cleary will be outplayed again, sitting in the box, watching the kids. We have cap room. Ease up.

Team is in a revamp. I will be pissed if Berg is resigned however

vCash
    It's a one way contract. I'd love to be wrong but I have a strong feeling only an injury will force Cleary out of the line-up. Doing favors for vets has gotten so ****ing old. We hear every year "oh next year he'll be gone and bla bla bla" and every year Holland brings them back. It's to the point whether I question Holland cares more about loyalty to scrubs like Cleary than actually winning.

vCash
    He gets a one-year contract worth $1.5 million in base salary. He can earn another $1 million in bonuses.

When Cleary signed his previous deal in September, Holland promised him he'd be taken care of at the end of the season for turning down more lucrative offers and returning to Detroit. Holland is keeping his word.

Holland said the team values Cleary's versatility.

"Unfortunately, he had a tough year," Holland said. "He's a guy the coaching staff likes, his teammates like. He's a leader in the room. He can play left wing/right wing, can go on the power play."

Absolutley hate the signing and I am a Cleary fan. The Blues signed Ott for a little over 2 mil. That would have made way more sense than this signing. Heatley was signed by the Ducks for one year at 1 mil and even that may have been a better signing. Setoguchi is still out there and I feel they definitely should have signed him before Cleary.

There are the big moves for the season. Quincey, Cleary, and wait and see on Alfie. Hate it, hate it, hate it.

vCash
    Looks like it will be another season of hoping the Wings can squeak into the playoffs.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RedWings13 View Post
    Are you ****ing kidding me? Because now instead of the kids, you know, the players who are going to have to take the team over once Datsyuk and Zetterberg retire soon, get less ice time or even possibly don't even get a roster spot like Nyquist didn't get last year, same as Tatar for like the first 20 games. What the hell could possibly even go right with this signing? We're wasting cap space. We're wasting a roster spot. We're wasting playing time for Nyquist, Tatar, Jurco, hell even guys like Pulkinnen and Callahan. Cleary is done, he sucks, we wasted cap space, we wasted a roster spot, we wasted playing time, we became a worse team, we wasted experience for our young players. How the **** can one even try to defend this, it's so ****ing baffling to me. Open your goddamn eyes and realize that Holland is simply living off of his reputation these days then maybe people wouldn't defend his terrible ****ing moves like this.
    Oh. Boo Hoo. You cannot actually think Cleary will get playing time over Nyquist and Tatar. Look, come regular season if Cleary is getting serious minutes over those guys, yeah, I'll be up in arms. There is no way I believe that is going to happen though.

I would also love to hear your cap breakdown on how this 1 year 1.5 million deal is going to bankrupt us. Last I checked we had about 9 million sitting around not doing anything.

vCash
    You're right he would never get playing time over Nyquist and Tatar. Oh wait, we said that last offseason and he did. Crazy.

The lost cap is one of the like the five reasons I listed for why this is a terrible signing. If you want to cherrypick and ignore the rest of my post I guess I can't stop you.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast