Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

As a Miami Heat Fan, I genuinely hope LeBron James Returns to Cleveland:

I thought about this a lot today lol, and I am sure any Miami HEAT fan on this forum that sees this thread of mine will probably despise me and hate me, but at this point, with all things said and done, I truly hope LeBron James returns to Cleveland, and the reason I want this to happen is because of today's social media. LeBron has not said a god damn word, but the entire city of Cleveland is dead set that he's returning, and that is the fault of today's social media and technology.

That being said, if he spurns Cleveland again, he will be even more hated than before (maybe more so than 2010), and living there will be hell for him. He returns home to Akron every summer, and I am sure plans to live there after he retires, and I don't want him to be the most hated person in his hometown and city. Every fence he has fixed these last 4 years will be broken again and he will be hated by his home town forever. If he picks the Miami HEAT again, it will be 2010 all over in Cleveland and any knowledgeable person knows it. It is reported that his wife wants to send his kids to high school there (Both LeBron and her are High School Sweetheats), and if his kids do end up going to high school at St. Vincent St Mary's, I am sure they will be ridiculed, and will never hear the end of their father being a so called "traitor". Sad, but sports does that to us.

It would be nice to see a story of redemption. If LeBron goes back to Cleveland, it would be nice to see the entire city once again embrace him and take him back in as their child. Whether or not he ever wins an NBA championship again, I truly feel like if LeBron returned, the Cavs and their fans will sure as hell feel like they won the championship.

If he does sign a short-term contract with Miami, and becomes a FA in 2 years, who knows if Cleveland will even have flexibility to get him. If he wants to go back to Cleveland, the time is now. He is 29, turning 30 and has maybe 4-5 years max of high quality basketball left in him. If he spurns Cleveland now, the broken bridges will never recover.

From a basketball standpoint while you Cleveland fans here may disagree, Miami has, and always will be the smarter decision for LeBron, but those sentiments are what makes Cleveland the favorite in the minds of many. But hey, what the hell, Wade is 32+, Bosh 30+, and LeBron soon to be 30+. The window for the team, no matter how much depth Pat Riley adds is not the largest as Wade is breaking down. As a Miami HEAT fan, with 55 million in cap space, and the cleanest slate in the books, I wouldn't mind a rebuild and seeing new, young talent that leads us back to the top in a couple years.

Anyway, that is all. I didn't want to post this in the NBA forum, as almost every thread is about LeBron and probably nobody would pay attention and read the thread.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikeman View Post
    I thought about this a lot today lol, and I am sure any Miami HEAT fan on this forum that sees this thread of mine will probably despise me and hate me, but at this point, with all things said and done, I truly hope LeBron James returns to Cleveland, and the reason I want this to happen is because of today's social media. LeBron has not said a god damn word, but the entire city of Cleveland is dead set that he's returning, and that is the fault of today's social media and technology.

That being said, if he spurns Cleveland again, he will be even more hated than before (maybe more so than 2010), and living there will be hell for him. He returns home to Akron every summer, and I am sure plans to live there after he retires, and I don't want him to be the most hated person in his hometown and city. Every fence he has fixed these last 4 years will be broken again and he will be hated by his home town forever. If he picks the Miami HEAT again, it will be 2010 all over in Cleveland and any knowledgeable person knows it. It is reported that his wife wants to send his kids to high school there (Both LeBron and her are High School Sweetheats), and if his kids do end up going to high school at St. Vincent St Mary's, I am sure they will be ridiculed, and will never hear the end of their father being a so called "traitor". Sad, but sports does that to us.

It would be nice to see a story of redemption. If LeBron goes back to Cleveland, it would be nice to see the entire city once again embrace him and take him back in as their child. Whether or not he ever wins an NBA championship again, I truly feel like if LeBron returned, the Cavs and their fans will sure as hell feel like they won the championship.

If he does sign a short-term contract with Miami, and becomes a FA in 2 years, who knows if Cleveland will even have flexibility to get him. If he wants to go back to Cleveland, the time is now. He is 29, turning 30 and has maybe 4-5 years max of high quality basketball left in him. If he spurns Cleveland now, the broken bridges will never recover.

From a basketball standpoint while you Cleveland fans here may disagree, Miami has, and always will be the smarter decision for LeBron, but those sentiments are what makes Cleveland the favorite in the minds of many. But hey, what the hell, Wade is 32+, Bosh 30+, and LeBron soon to be 30+. The window for the team, no matter how much depth Pat Riley adds is not the largest as Wade is breaking down. As a Miami HEAT fan, with 55 million in cap space, and the cleanest slate in the books, I wouldn't mind a rebuild and seeing new, young talent that leads us back to the top in a couple years.

Anyway, that is all. I didn't want to post this in the NBA forum, as almost every thread is about LeBron and probably nobody would pay attention and read the thread.
    Good stuff.

As for the bolded part that is the only disagreement I have with your comment. The reason is that people/fans should know about social media by now. They shouldn't be naive enough to believe every little thing out there especially from random individuals that they have never heard of before quoting sources and what not. If they are then that is on them not the insiders, analysts, reporters, etc. putting the stuff out there. Remember most of these people are just doing their job and unfortunately they have bosses forcing them to put something/anything out there right or wrong. That is the world we live in now. I love Twitter and follow it all the time and post a lot of nonsense on PSD from random tweets but I never take too many things too serious. I would recommend to most people not to either.

TIME TO GET ANOTHER ONE. #DALLAS2DALLAS #BALLISLIFE

vCash
    Lebron or his agent could make an easy statement saying lebron loves Cleveland and all of Ohio but as of now cavs are prob not an option or something. He knows the hype is out there so I would put some blame on him for not killing it.
    For not honoring a sig bet I now own YEDB90

vCash
    I will not be mad. Maybe a little disappointed. This isn't like 2010. I'm excited for the season regardless of LeBron.

vCash
    I hope Lebron returns to clevland. it would be historic in all of sports.

vCash
    its tough to want him to go back to a city that **** all over him after he left and to an owner who treated him like a slave

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by d00d View Post
    its tough to want him to go back to a city that **** all over him after he left and to an owner who treated him like a slave
    When did he play for the Clippers?
    I believe in a thing called LOVE

vCash
    Come on man. Lets really stop with the slave talk as its getting out of control and especially from individuals that have never gave the Cavs forum the time of day before this week. All of a sudden its slave this and slave that.

And u might want to check your history, Lebron ran this team from 2005-2010 bud. Gilbert catered to 95% of his demands and the other 5% were out of his control as he couldn't get some players in FA or Trades.

TIME TO GET ANOTHER ONE. #DALLAS2DALLAS #BALLISLIFE

vCash
    Wow...I didn't know that he forced him to work without pay while he was there. You demean all of those that were, in fact, forced into slavery with that idiotic statement.

Daniel Gilbert treated him like a GM, allowing him to basically suggest free agents and/or trades, while he was there and then was disappointed when he left and came off like a jilted ex-girlfriend in his letter.

To make a comparison to slavery is simply foolish!

vCash
    I think d00d's post might be sarcastic.

vCash
    you sir (or maam),are a turd
    ....pleasing the casual fan,while telling the hardcore fan to go to hell since 2006

9/13/14: #Mayhem (While Pacman fights Algieri in China. lol)
    vCash
    As someone who hates Lebron as a person, and who's hate for Lebron the person is only rivaled by my hate for bandwagon fans, I am glad he is going to cleveland, but this doesn't erase what he did by leaving, no matter what he does in his career he should not be forgiven for that, Maybe a Cleveland fan could put it all behind him if they win it all, it would be easy to do, but without a horse in this race, I will never forget how he left to try and build a super team, it will always be a blemish on his legacy and resume, and will always factor into my opinion of him, just like Michael Vick.

That being said, I wish the best for Cleveland as a city, and wish them some moderate success.

I am a bay area fan born and raised, but I have always felt affection towards the Browns, so it kind of sucks for me as an outsider rooting for Cleveland teams that two of my most disliked current athletes (lebron/manziel) are now key pieces to two teams I want to see succeed, so it will be bitter sweet for me if it happens, but best of luck Cleveland fans.

Barry Lamar Bonds. .393/.967/1.054....on 3-0 counts.

lol, Please' top 10 p4p: Mayweather/Marquez/Pacquiao/Bradley/Cotto/Wlad/Rigondeaux/Froch/Canelo/Maidana

Boxing Fan? Come Discuss Boxing!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lol, please View Post
    As someone who hates Lebron as a person, and who's hate for Lebron the person is only rivaled by my hate for bandwagon fans, I am glad he is going to cleveland, but this doesn't erase what he did by leaving, no matter what he does in his career he should not be forgiven for that, Maybe a Cleveland fan could put it all behind him if they win it all, it would be easy to do, but without a horse in this race, I will never forget how he left to try and build a super team, it will always be a blemish on his legacy and resume, and will always factor into my opinion of him, just like Michael Vick.

That being said, I wish the best for Cleveland as a city, and wish them some moderate success.

I am a bay area fan born and raised, but I have always felt affection towards the Browns, so it kind of sucks for me as an outsider rooting for Cleveland teams that two of my most disliked current athletes (lebron/manziel) are now key pieces to two teams I want to see succeed, so it will be bitter sweet for me if it happens, but best of luck Cleveland fans.
    So dog fighting and leaving the team that drafted you in free agency are one and the same? My how times have changed. I'm no Lebron apologist, but I think you are a bit out of line in that thinking. If you want to blame someone blame the slavish whoreish media who create this hype out of thin air because it's the dead of summer (no NBA, no NHL, no NFL) and they can't hold ratings without it. It's almost journalistic malpractice, and some are outright liars.

vCash
    thought my opinion on this situation belonged best on this thread:

looking back,i believe that nike and other big money people were in lebrons ear about coming back to cleveland. The whole miami big three just seemed so forced down the nba worlds throat. The nba thought that the miami heat would turn into a whole separate entity with its popularity. Instead,even after four straight finals appearances and two championships,it just lacked that "pop" that the nba was hoping for. Ive never been to miami,iam sure its beautiful,but its never going to create the buzz that a los angeles or new york is going to in the sports world. The Miami heat for most just seemed like a "ehhhh,whatever" situation,too much of a middle of the street kinda market. Winning in a small or big market will cause a bigger "pop"
    Last edited by krazylegz; 07-11-2014 at 05:25 PM.
    ....pleasing the casual fan,while telling the hardcore fan to go to hell since 2006