Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: What should be the requirement to enter the NBA?

Voters
40. You may not vote on this poll
  • High school

22 55.00%
  • 1+ years in college

4 10.00%
  • 2 years in college/20 age limit

11 27.50%
  • 4 years in college

3 7.50%
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

*** 2 years in college/20 age limit ***

It is widely publicized NBA Commissioner Adam Silver wants a two years in college/20 age limit on players entering the league. I personally agreed with the move to make it compulsory for players to play college for at least one year because I think players need to prove themselves at college level before being accepted into the NBA.

For example, a player may be extremely skilled, but not as physically strong, but he still may be able to be the best high school player. If he went straight to the NBA this would be shown up immediately, whereas if he went to college he could develop his strength. What do you guys think?

vCash
    I'd prefer they have to play 2 years in one of the top foreign professional leagues if they're forced to do anything. They'd likely learn more than in their chosen "college".

vCash
    The kids should get paid too, minimum wage.

vCash
    I think it's stupid you can't go high school to the nba anymore.

RUDY

vCash
    I picked high school only because it was the least restricting option. My real choice would be NO requirement.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    I think it's stupid you can't go high school to the nba anymore.
    Its ruining college basketball.

vCash
    4 year college degree first
    My Ignore list: Naps, bucketss, iknowhoops....

2014 Adopt a Packer
    Randall Cobb

Receptions:
    Yards:
    Tds:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by scissors View Post
    I picked high school only because it was the least restricting option. My real choice would be NO requirement.
    Oh by high school I just meant you could go straight from high school to the NBA, I did not mean foreign players had to play high school in the USA or anything.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jerellh528 View Post
    4 year college degree first
    I think this is the best idea in theory, but I do not believe it is realistic in today's NBA. That would effectively make rookies the superstars of the league.

vCash
    1 year college, and 1 year d-league.

vCash
    Give them the option between 2 yrs college or 1 yr college, 1 yr d-league

vCash
    Or even high school to 2 years d-league.

vCash
    Players should get a choice. Either go to college, or don't.

These 1 and dones aren't helping anyone. Every now and then, we get a player who comes out of high school who is good enough to play right away.. Let them go to the nba.

those who aren't.. Have them spend 2 years in college. That is best for everyone. Good for the kids who don't have to spend a year in a college they never wanted to go to in the first place.. and good for colleges who get to hold on to players for another year if they do really well the first time around.

vCash
    I would prefer 2 years... to watch stronger players come in, however I think 1 year is fair. Guys like Durant and Melo didn't need multiple years. Imagine if Wade stayed longer... his NBA career would be almost completely over by now.

vCash
    somebody should start a schoolboy pro-league, for players 17-21.

6 teams, have some cool promotions, 30 game season, players get paid. Try to make it really fun and flash, and add in some cool innovations like proper instant replay, emphasis on fundamentals, headband or jersey cams, etc.

Maybe attach a reality TV show to it the way UFC does with the Ultimate Fighter.

Yeah it's ridiculous, a guy like Wiggins is worth $100M to Adidas essentially right out of high school, but he has to spend a year at "Kansas University" wasting his time and money. There is serious value there and somebody should invest in it. A lot of fans are actually a lot MORE interested in seeing these very young exotically super talented players than watching the same old NBA vets slogging up and down the court for 82 games.

For instance if somebody had had a pay-per-view 3 on 3 game in February with Dante Exum, Wiggins, Randle, Smart, McDermott and Embiid and charged $39 I bet it would've sold at least a million buys. At the very, very least.

College hoops has lost a ton of prestige because of all the "one and done" stuff, which thus makes it less valuable for the top players to play college ball. Meanwhile the top players are more valuable than ever, and Silver's plan to save college ball by ****ing over the top high school players just isn't fair. (or legal).

The NBA can do what it wants but somebody from the outside could capitalize.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast