Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Giants interested in David Price, Ben Zobrist

SAN FRANCISCO -- The already active speculation about the Giants' interest in Tampa Bay handyman Ben Zobrist has increased.

Giants special assignment scout Pat Burrell recently was seen at Tropicana Field, where other San Francisco scouts have visited -- and not just when David Price pitches. The Giants have been mentioned as a potential suitor for Price, who's the top pitcher potentially available through trade now that Oakland has acquired Jeff Samardzija from the Cubs.

Zobrist, 33, also is viewed as a possible fit for the Giants. The two-time All-Star can play second base, where San Francisco likely will need depth even if Marco Scutaro overcomes his back injury. Zobrist also has extensive experience in the outfield, an area of some concern for the Giants due to the spotty offensive production from Gregor Blanco and Tyler Colvin.

Moreover, Zobrist is relatively affordable. His contract pays him $7 million this year and includes a $7.5 million team option for 2015.

The switch-hitting Zobrist is batting .268 with six homers and a .757 OPS (on-base plus slugging percentage) in 79 games this year, approximating his career numbers (.263, 110 homers in 997 games, .786 OPS).

The Rays are believed to have scouted the Giants' Double-A Richmond affiliate thoroughly, adding to the Zobrist/Price speculation.
    http://mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=...ook_sf&c_id=sf
    Last edited by Leandres_sf; 07-10-2014 at 12:27 AM.

vCash
    Zobrist would be a great get. He'd be expensive prospect wise, but it'd be worth it. I'm not sure if Crick, + will do it though.

Price is not even worth talking about.

vCash
    Hard to believe the Giants have any interest in Price. I'm sure they were there for Zobrist.

^^WE NEED THESE GUYS NOW.

vCash
    Ya you gotta believe Zobrist is their main priority. If Epstein didn't return Sabean's call about Samardzija, Friedman isn't going to regarding Price. But if they did acquire Zobrist, hot diggity I'd be ecstatic. Sabean would kill two birds with one stone- acquire a second baseman and depth in the same player!

Ariana Grande

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rcs15 View Post
    Zobrist would be a great get. He'd be expensive prospect wise, but it'd be worth it. I'm not sure if Crick, + will do it though.

Price is not even worth talking about.
    I could see a deal around Susac (for Zobrist) working, They've gotten some pretty bad production from old C's and my understanding is their C prospects aren't close to mlb ready. On the other hand I could see them wanting veteran game managing C's since they always have so many young P's.

vCash
    A 2B'man and depth for the IF and OF too.
    "If he could cook, I'd marry him." - Leo Durocher on Willie Mays

vCash
    Who knows, maybe Zobrist can help in the bullpen too? He can do everything else.

Ariana Grande

vCash
    Zobrist? An ideal 2 hitter, love it
    Quote Originally Posted by nessythegreat View Post
    This is getting old. Enough is enough. Redskin Is not offensive and it will never change.
    Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    I want to start a website where people who say this video tape themselves going up to Native Americans and go "hey what's up redskin?" and then upload what happens.

I'll call it WhatsUpRedskin.com

You want to go first?
    I fully support this future site.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jawjr13 View Post
    I could see a deal around Susac (for Zobrist) working, They've gotten some pretty bad production from old C's and my understanding is their C prospects aren't close to mlb ready. On the other hand I could see them wanting veteran game managing C's since they always have so many young P's.
    Maybe trade hacker for Zobrist and bring up susac. They get a ready made (kinda) catcher and we get our 2nd baseman. I'm sure they might want more which we could do, but I would like to see Susac stay with the Giants more than Sanchez.

vCash
    I'd trade Panik and Susac for Zobrist. Not sure who would hang up on that offer though.
    So Anna, what do you think about the notion that Russell Wilson is better than Andrew Luck?

<3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck
    "Luck has the most diverse skill set of any NFL quarterback" - Ron Jaworski on Andrew Luck being a top 5 QB

vCash
    Panik Susac and might as well throw in Gary Brown but knowing the Rays, he will turn into a decent mlb hitter like when they picked up Keppinger off the trash and hit 300 while batting third for them.

THE BEST DH IN SF GIANTS HISTORY!

2010 and 2012 World Series Champs !

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sf1giantfan View Post
    Maybe trade hacker for Zobrist and bring up susac. They get a ready made (kinda) catcher and we get our 2nd baseman. I'm sure they might want more which we could do, but I would like to see Susac stay with the Giants more than Sanchez.
    Zobrist will cost a lot more than just Sanchez. I'd prefer leaving Susac in the minors unless he's got a place to start. It's not worth messing with his development. Letting him get his consistent AB's is better off for him.

Ariana Grande

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SFrush90 View Post
    Zobrist will cost a lot more than just Sanchez. I'd prefer leaving Susac in the minors unless he's got a place to start. It's not worth messing with his development. Letting him get his consistent AB's is better off for him.
    I'm saying if they want a catcher I would prefer they take sanchez if they want him, instead of losing Susac to them. And yes I know they would want more than that, just not sure how much more.l

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SFrush90 View Post
    Ya you gotta believe Zobrist is their main priority. If Epstein didn't return Sabean's call about Samardzija, Friedman isn't going to regarding Price. But if they did acquire Zobrist, hot diggity I'd be ecstatic. Sabean would kill two birds with one stone- acquire a second baseman and depth in the same player!
    I'm not sure he is wroth it prospect wise. All of his numbers are trending in the wrong direction.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jawjr13 View Post
    That seems way to high of a price.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast