Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Stein: Mavericks, Parsons agree to 3 year, $45 million offer sheet

Marc Stein @ESPNSteinLine 1 minute ago
    ESPN sources say Mavericks and Rockets RFA Chandler Parsons have reached agreement on three-year offer sheet worth in excess of $45 million
    Via Hoopshype Via Twitter

I still have no doubt that Houston will match, but this does throw a wrench into things a bit. Houston will have 72 hours as of tonight at 11 p.m. to match the contract, I believe. Once that happens, they will no longer have any cap room left. So whether it's Bosh or any other free agent, Houston has to have that player signed in the next three days or they're screwed.

Morey has three days to work his magic...

vCash
    What is that, 15 mil a year? No thanks.

vCash
    At 15M a year, doesn't that make it impossible to sign a Bosh? Parsons is great, but is he $15M great??

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JetRocketAngel View Post
    At 15M a year, doesn't that make it impossible to sign a Bosh? Parsons is great, but is he $15M great??
    No. They should still be able to sign Bosh. But it gives them a 72-hour deadline to sign him once Parsons' offer sheet is delivered to the Rockets' front office. I agree it's a bit of an overpay, but the Hornets kind of ****ed us when they gave that max over sheet to Gordon Hayward. Parsons is better than Hayward, but he's still signing an offer sheet for fewer years and less money.

vCash
    I love parsons game but 15m is alot

vCash
    I rather have deng then parson

vCash
    that rondo for Parsons deal we passed up looking much better right now lol....

vCash
    Bye Parsons, hello Deng?

Big THX to MJ's Bulls and pheagles10 on the sig help!
    Dear T-Mac,
    I miss you.
    Love,
    The Rim

vCash
    You guys are way off in thinking Deng would sign here to replace Parsons. For one, he'd still warrant at least $10 million a year, so he's not really saving you that much in the long run. Secondly, the benefit of Parsons is that Houston can re-sign him and go over the salary cap. Houston absolutely positively cannot get both Bosh and Deng this offseason. They simply can't.

So if the Rockets are making calls about Deng, it's because they may try to use their salary cap room to get him instead of Bosh. Not because they want him instead of Parsons.

Mark my words. In 72 hours, Chandler Parsons will be locked in as a Rocket for the next three years. With or without Chris Bosh on the team.

vCash
    So you are ok with paying him 15 million a year? The reason I said Deng is because losing Parsons makes SF our biggest hole, and by far. Getting Deng instead of Bosh would allow us to build up our depth better.

Big THX to MJ's Bulls and pheagles10 on the sig help!
    Dear T-Mac,
    I miss you.
    Love,
    The Rim

vCash
    Chuck Cooperstein and Larry Coon are indicating the Rockets don't have Parson's Bird rights as they had to pull the
    qualifying offer before the offer sheet was signed. Apparently, this was not done so it is either Bosh or Parsons, but not
    both. Read this article also. http://mavericks.scout.com/story/140...in-pinch?s=268

vCash
    "There had been one other option open to the Rockets, as an angle to have enough money to pay a max deal to Bosh while still having the ability to sign Parsons. That would have entailed Houston withdrawing their qualifying offer but keeping the less-costly Bird rights hold, signing Bosh first, and then signing Parsons using Bird rights. There would not be “matching rights” control in this scenario, but it could work cap-wise, with Parsons’ cooperation. Here are those numbers:

However, by getting Parson’s commitment to an offer sheet, the Mavs have effectively slammed shut that “have-our-cake-and-eat-it-too” door that the Rockets would prefer. Once that offer sheet is signed, if Houston drops the matching-rights control, Parsons will be a Mav."

vCash
    Cuban got us good on this one. If Lebron chooses Miami it looks we will have to decide between Bosh or Parsons. We
    cannot match the contract and go over the cap. We would have to get rid of almost all our players besides Harden and
    Howard or convince Bosh to sign for less than max. Well played, Cuban, well played.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by stros1fan View Post
    Chuck Cooperstein and Larry Coon are indicating the Rockets don't have Parson's Bird rights as they had to pull the
    qualifying offer before the offer sheet was signed. Apparently, this was not done so it is either Bosh or Parsons, but not
    both. Read this article also. http://mavericks.scout.com/story/140...in-pinch?s=268
    I haven't heard anything about Houston no longer having Parsons' Bird rights. And the article you just linked doesn't state that at all. It just states different scenarios and what Houston would have to do to offer Bosh a max deal. Basically, what the article was stating is that Houston can't keep Parsons AND offer bosh a max deal. But I don't think Houston ever truly planned to offer Bosh a max in the first place based on what I've been reading in the last 24 hours. They can still offer him a pretty nice package, probably somewhere in the $17-18 million range, but not a max.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by stros1fan View Post
    "There had been one other option open to the Rockets, as an angle to have enough money to pay a max deal to Bosh while still having the ability to sign Parsons. That would have entailed Houston withdrawing their qualifying offer but keeping the less-costly Bird rights hold, signing Bosh first, and then signing Parsons using Bird rights. There would not be “matching rights” control in this scenario, but it could work cap-wise, with Parsons’ cooperation. Here are those numbers:

However, by getting Parson’s commitment to an offer sheet, the Mavs have effectively slammed shut that “have-our-cake-and-eat-it-too” door that the Rockets would prefer. Once that offer sheet is signed, if Houston drops the matching-rights control, Parsons will be a Mav."
    You're misreading what they're saying, dude. They're saying Houston COULD have a smaller cap hold for Parsons if he hadn't signed the offer sheet with Dallas, not that they withdrew their qualifying offer or eliminated his Bird rights. Houston still has his Bird rights and can still over the cap to sign him. They just can't offer Bosh a max AND keep Parsons in the process. However, if Morey truly believes Bosh will come here, he can always let Parsons go and save that nearly $3 million for a Bosh max. But I don't think he's going to do that.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast