Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 65
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Milwaukee, WI
    Posts
    4,436
    vCash
    1650

    Masahiro Tanaka on DL with elbow inflammation

    http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/eye-on-...n-pitching-arm

    Yankees pitching staff is screwed.

    Looks like the Blue Jays and orioles in the AL East.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Detroit
    Posts
    3,568
    vCash
    1500
    As much as everyone was fawning over his success in MLB, I was thinking the whole time that the risk with giving him a big contract was never about how his stuff would translate, anyway. The risk was always about the billion pitches he threw in Japan.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    6,942
    vCash
    1500
    ^^ Nonsense! Any yankee fan will just call that crazy talk! It's a good thing they only invested 25 million a year for 7 years on him.
    "I'm an administrator. I'm a good listener. I would not pass myself off as an evaluator of talent"

    - Brian Cashman, GM of the Yankees

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    69,293
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by Rynoplasty View Post
    As much as everyone was fawning over his success in MLB, I was thinking the whole time that the risk with giving him a big contract was never about how his stuff would translate, anyway. The risk was always about the billion pitches he threw in Japan.
    Yeah but dont act like you wouldn't have wanted to take the chance

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    3,039
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Rynoplasty:28758065
    As much as everyone was fawning over his success in MLB, I was thinking the whole time that the risk with giving him a big contract was never about how his stuff would translate, anyway. The risk was always about the billion pitches he threw in Japan.
    This is true with any long term deal, especially pitchers. It's pretty much a given that over a 7 year period a pitcher will miss some time. The difference is a 7 year deal for a 25 year old makes a lot more sense then a 7 year deal for 30 year old. It's certainly a bad break for the Yankees that he'll miss some time in year one, but it remains to be seen if it's something serious.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    san josYAY
    Posts
    10,529
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by skierdude44 View Post
    This is true with any long term deal, especially pitchers. It's pretty much a given that over a 7 year period a pitcher will miss some time. The difference is a 7 year deal for a 25 year old makes a lot more sense then a 7 year deal for 30 year old. It's certainly a bad break for the Yankees that he'll miss some time in year one, but it remains to be seen if it's something serious.
    Not if that 30 year old is clayton kershaw!!! Dodgers will give him all the money for all the years.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    san josYAY
    Posts
    10,529
    vCash
    1500
    Who takes Tanaka's place on the All-Star team? I think it should be Richards.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Wethersfield/Storrs, CT
    Posts
    8,972
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by ciaban View Post
    Who takes Tanaka's place on the All-Star team? I think it should be Richards.
    I'd be surprised if it wasn't. Angels fans were upset about him not being chosen from the get go.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    101,632
    vCash
    1605
    I hope it is not the worst news.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Detroit
    Posts
    3,568
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by skierdude44 View Post
    This is true with any long term deal, especially pitchers. It's pretty much a given that over a 7 year period a pitcher will miss some time. The difference is a 7 year deal for a 25 year old makes a lot more sense then a 7 year deal for 30 year old. It's certainly a bad break for the Yankees that he'll miss some time in year one, but it remains to be seen if it's something serious.
    Oh, I wanted the Cubs to sign him something fierce. I'm just saying, this was always the biggest risk about him. I was thinking as much even when we saw how his stuff played in MLB and everyone declared the Yankees gamble to have definitively paid off. That gamble was always dependent on his arm not falling off.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Bellingham, WA
    Posts
    12,527
    vCash
    1500
    News came back. He has small tear in ligament. They say surgery not needed..

    I think he will end up getting tj surgery and be back around August of next year.

    Huge blow to the Yankees

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Bellingham, WA
    Posts
    12,527
    vCash
    1500
    Tanaka was seen by 3 doctors, none of whom have recommended surgery now. Rehab would take 6 weeks. If it fails, TJ surgery possible.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The COAL REGION,PA
    Posts
    960
    vCash
    1500
    Terrible news. Another young pitcher down for the count.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Bellingham, WA
    Posts
    12,527
    vCash
    1500
    Pitchers can throw with partially torn UCLs. Adam Wainwright's lasted for half a decade before it blew out. But he is the truest exception.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The COAL REGION,PA
    Posts
    960
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Thumper 88 View Post
    Pitchers can throw with partially torn UCLs. Adam Wainwright's lasted for half a decade before it blew out. But he is the truest exception.
    Yeah I know Wainright is the exception not the rule for sure. It's just unfortunate to hear that. I was praying the results would show no structural damage. It's definitely not the worst, but at the same time it's not a good thing either. Just hope the rehab and treatment work for him and no further damage is done.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •