Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Cory Schneider And Devils Agree To An Extension

http://nesn.com/2014/07/new-jersey-d...year-contract/

Last edited by Jets012; 07-09-2014 at 04:44 PM.

vCash
    I can't see the salary what is it?

vCash
    I am very happy by this. I don't think its an overpay at all. Guy is a stud and will continue to succeed. Locked him up in his prime. Good job Lou. Now I can take a sigh of relief.
    King Remembered In Time
    New Jersey Devils/Brooklyn Nets/New York Yankees/New York Jets

12/7/12 R.I.P Off-topic-forum amigo.

Want to be President of PSD? Post here to enroll. No skills needed!
    http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...ction-Nominees

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BranWingss View Post
    I can't see the salary what is it?
    7 year 42 million

6M annually. It took a minute for the links to show.
    King Remembered In Time
    New Jersey Devils/Brooklyn Nets/New York Yankees/New York Jets

12/7/12 R.I.P Off-topic-forum amigo.

Want to be President of PSD? Post here to enroll. No skills needed!
    http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...ction-Nominees

vCash
    6M cap hit is kind of a bargain right now and will look even better after this season.

After Hours album out 4/29

When you're having fun... Timeflies

vCash
    6 is about the going rate for a starting goalie these days. I think Scheinder is pretty good but that's a big commitment to a guy with his track record. Not saying he won't be worth it but the fact that he's never played 50 games gives me a little pause

vCash
    The dollars are fine but I hate the length, simply because of the position he plays.

vCash
    6m cap hit is awesome and it's only going to get better as the cap increases

vCash
    Good signing...

Good goaltending can help mask a lot of deficiencies else where and poor goaltending can help enhance those deficiencies. The Devils are blessed to have had Marty all these years and now they transition straight to Schneider.
    DUDA

Quote Originally Posted by VendettaRed07 View Post
    noah is gonna be a beast man.

with him and harvey, its like were gonna have Goku and Vegetta in the same rotation

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrigheyes4MVP View Post
    Good signing...

Good goaltending can help mask a lot of deficiencies else where and poor goaltending can help enhance those deficiencies. The Devils are blessed to have had Marty all these years and now they transition straight to Schneider.
    For a second I almost feel spoiled but then I remember that our offense sucks

vCash
    This is a good deal. He's, 28? 6 years will take him to 34, so even if he does have a short prime they'll still get pretty much the entire deal.

vCash
    Contact doesn't kick in until 2015-2016 season.. Even better regarding the cap but he will be 35ish when the contact is up.. Still should be a good goalie at that she

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by b1e9a8r5s View Post
    6 is about the going rate for a starting goalie these days. I think Scheinder is pretty good but that's a big commitment to a guy with his track record. Not saying he won't be worth it but the fact that he's never played 50 games gives me a little pause
    Since 2010, Schneider's first season as a full-time NHLer, he has appeared in 133 games and has posted a .928 save percentage. That's the highest of any goalie in that time frame with at least 100 appearances.

And if you're concerned about sample size (and that is indeed a valid question to raise), consider that over that same span, 2013-14 Vezina Trophy winner Tuukka Rask appeared in only 13 more games and is next on the list with a .927 save percentage.

http://www.cbssports.com/nhl/eye-on-...evils-new-no-1

"Hater" is a term used by weak minded people in the face of legitimate criticism.
    -Scott van Pelt

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullseyed View Post
    Since 2010, Schneider's first season as a full-time NHLer, he has appeared in 133 games and has posted a .928 save percentage. That's the highest of any goalie in that time frame with at least 100 appearances.

And if you're concerned about sample size (and that is indeed a valid question to raise), consider that over that same span, 2013-14 Vezina Trophy winner Tuukka Rask appeared in only 13 more games and is next on the list with a .927 save percentage.

http://www.cbssports.com/nhl/eye-on-...evils-new-no-1
    Yes, I'm concerned with sample size. He's been great when given the chance and I think he'll be a good goalie. I'm just saying that it's not a given. But I get why they signed the deal. It's the 7 years that worries me, but I'm sure he wasn't going to sign for 2-3 years.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by b1e9a8r5s View Post
    Yes, I'm concerned with sample size. He's been great when given the chance and I think he'll be a good goalie. I'm just saying that it's not a given. But I get why they signed the deal. It's the 7 years that worries me, but I'm sure he wasn't going to sign for 2-3 years.
    That was a quote from the article I linked.

But yeah, if you're worried about the sample size, then you must not think Rask is that good either. The sample size on Rask is the same and the stats are basically the same.

"Hater" is a term used by weak minded people in the face of legitimate criticism.
    -Scott van Pelt

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast