Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Thread: Why No Amnesty?

vCash

Why No Amnesty?

I need your help understanding how amnesty works. The little bit that i think i understand is that when you amnesty a player, said player will still recieve whatever money was owed on his contract, however, he will not go against the cap?

If i've gotten that right so far and i'm not missing much, why haven't the Kings exercised that option???

thank

vCash

Why No Amnesty?

The only people that are able to be amnestied are the players that are still on the same contract as the one signed prior to the new CBA. John salmons was our last chance at the amnesty clause an we traded him away. And also, it has to be the team that he was on when the CBA was signed.

vCash
    oh okay thanks.....thats lame

vCash

Why No Amnesty?

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong but I'm pretty sure john salmons was the only one we could amnesty last year

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cvietti23 View Post
    Someone can correct me if I'm wrong but I'm pretty sure john salmons was the only one we could amnesty last year
    Technically, we could have amnestied Boogie, but there was no chance that we would.

vCash

Why No Amnesty?

Haha my bad

vCash
    Since we were well under the cap there was no point to get even lower and let a player walk. That's why we didn't use it.