Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

AJ Pierzynski Released.

A.J. Pierzynski Designated For Assignment; Christian Vazquez To Start Wednesday The Boston Red Sox shook up their situation behind the plate in a big way Wednesday. Manager John Farrell confirmed to WEEI’s “Dale and Holley” that the team has designated veteran catcher A.J. Pierzynski for assignment and promoted 23-year-old Christian Vazquez from Triple-A Pawtucket. Vazquez will make his major league debut Wednesday night against the Chicago White Sox, catching pitcher Rubby De La Rosa and hitting ninth.

http://nesn.com/2014/07/a-j-pierzyns...art-wednesday/
    Last edited by EEasyA; 07-09-2014 at 03:07 PM.

vCash
    Can't wait to see Christian Vazquez behind the plate. Does this mean Swihart is heading for AAA?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RaginRondo17 View Post
    Can't wait to see Christian Vazquez behind the plate. Does this mean Swihart is heading for AAA?
    i don't know.

vCash
    Can't wait to hear all the crap out of AJ's mouth after all of this is complete.
    Feeling left out in society? Are you that kid? The Bruins forum can help you.

PSD's Zdeno Chara

PSD Bruins Hall of Fame Class of 2010

Yeti FTW

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RaginRondo17 View Post
    Hopefully...he's got nothing left to prove at AA.

I'm also excited for Vazquez...finally we get to see him debut after wondering when he'd be called up this entire season. I hope teams run on him early and often so we can see his cannon arm.

vCash
    I posted a link earlier this season that Pierzynsky was not getting along with the pitching staff so this does not surprise me in the least. It probably could have happened a little sooner but too late now.

Love the youth movement getting there feet wet though in this lost season. It still keeps me interested in watching games despite knowing this team is going nowhere.
    WTA's Next Rising Superstar - #7 in the World

Montreal's Sweetheart Eugenie Bouchard

Go Genie Go!

vCash
    was not a fan of this signing in the first pace yay glad

Thank you K.G. JR!!!

vCash
    Thank Christ

+1000 mojo for the squad

vCash
    Awesome, good that reality set in. Most underrated prospect in the system. Offense might be ugly for a couple years, but he can be a weapon behind the plate. Ross will be the perfect mentor for him learning the big league game.

Love this
    ‏@brianmacp 51m
    David Ross on Christian Vazquez: "I'm anxious to be part of the catching corps with him." Plans to attach himself to Vazquez going forward.

‏@RedSox 3m
    David Ross and Christian Vazquez hug it out during early BP. Rossy: "Any questions, you just ask me." #RedSox pic.twitter.com/q1TFkOhRxg

I bet Ross has coaching in his future.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BostonSports96 View Post
    Hopefully...he's got nothing left to prove at AA.
    This phrase always makes me uncomfortable because it's usually based PURELY on offensive production. While I don't disagree that a promotion is likely I won't even venture a guess as to whether or not the Sox think he has "something to prove" behind the plate (which was decidedly his weak point when he was drafted).

Quote Originally Posted by Bo Sox Fan View Post
    I posted a link earlier this season that Pierzynsky was not getting along with the pitching staff so this does not surprise me in the least. It probably could have happened a little sooner but too late now.
    I thought he was going to be a good bridge but he was a jerk to everyone. His baserunning blunders may have cost the Sox a few games and, when asked, he was all "WTF is your problem?"

Wonder if this helps the Lester negotiations.

Quote Originally Posted by Bo Sox Fan View Post
    Love the youth movement getting there feet wet though in this lost season. It still keeps me interested in watching games despite knowing this team is going nowhere.
    Completely agree. Lots of guys getting reps now could mean a more productive yet VERY young team in 2015. Youth is not always a problem... but inexperience can be.

vCash
    I get what you are saying RST because a lot of people do forget about defense when deciding if someone is ready to make a jump.

Swihart is getting glowing reviews on both sides of the game though. He'll get called up after the all star game/beginning of August I'm sure.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomar View Post
    I get what you are saying RST because a lot of people do forget about defense when deciding if someone is ready to make a jump.

Swihart is getting glowing reviews on both sides of the game though. He'll get called up after the all star game/beginning of August I'm sure.
    Yeah, really I I'm talking about the statement in general and less about Swihart in particular. I've heard pretty positive things about his work behind the plate including a very quick release to 2B.

vCash
    Swihart is not going to AAA. I forgot the name, but some non-prospect took Vazquez's spot.

vCash
    Moving on from Salty was correct. Signing AJP was wrong, but at least it was a quick pull of the bandaid....

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

Some jerks never learn.....

vCash
    It was time for AJ to go, and I would imagine something will be done with Drew prior to July 31. Red Sox paid 18.35m for both and all they got was -.5 fwar year to date.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast