Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Why is Mike Miller so beloved?

We've all heard by now how much Bron resented the cost cutting move of releasing Mike Miller. If not heres a quick quote about how much his presence was missed.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/11...rsue-ray-allen
    Yeah, he was just that stable guy, I mean, Mike, everything that he went through, both injuries and being in and out of the lineups, and not one day did he ever come to work with an 'I don't want to be here' attitude. Like never. And we all respected that. And for a guy like that who's done so much in his career, to come in with that mindset every day, we all saw that.

Now Bron is reportedly recruiting the guy again to follow him to Cleveland. When the 2 first hooked up in Miami, Bron called him a "good friend". Hes real close with Udonis Haslem too but they were roommates at the U.

About 10 years ago, another superstar was enamored with the country boy from a small town.

Heres an interview with that superstar:
    Not everyone knows how good of friends you are with Mike Miller. Can you speak to your friendship and the trade rumors that surrounded him earlier this year and in the offseason?

TM: We are good friends off the court. I call Mike my little white brother. They trade Mike Miller, I’m retiring. Simple as that. (Laughs)
    That man (TM) is none other than Tracy McGrady. He was out celebrating Mike Miller's B-Day when he got word of the trade that sent his best friend to Memphis:
    "Mike is my man," McGrady said. "That's like my brother, man. And he's no longer with me. I'm telling you right now: I'm going to be hard on these guys, man. "I swear to God, too, because Mike is my dude, man. I'm going to be hard on these guys."

More to the story:
    Orlando Magic Coach Doc Rivers hung up on Tracy McGrady and called back two times. The coach wanted confirmation from his superstar.

"Tracy, you're taking us to the playoffs." Click.
    "You're taking us to the playoffs." Click.

On the third call, after McGrady had fretted enough over losing Mike Miller, he picked up the phone, held it from his ear and paused. Then, McGrady spoke before Rivers could.

"I'm taking us to the playoffs." And McGrady hung up.

McGrady stopped feeling sorry for himself late Wednesday night. Miller, his best friend on the team, had been traded to Memphis. That's life. Time to move on.

Tmac wound up playing the best 2nd half of basketball I've ever witnessed, averaging something ridiculous like 33-6-6 on elite efficiency, Rivers joked that he should trade all of his friends if it brings out the best in him.

Weird idea for a thread but these days are slow. Mike Miller is apparently a cool mofo, I just wonder what makes him so awesome.

"It’s absolutely ludicrous” (to judge players based on whether they’ve won a title.)

vCash
    http://wreg.com/2014/06/06/mike-mill...wear-designer/

He gives players free underwear. He's a bro in my book.

vCash
    Well, he looks much better than he used to and appears to be back on the healthy side. Plus the dude has those moments where you wish someone didn't leave him open because he's already made 20 three point shots. I think Miller should stay in Memphis though. LBJ probably wishes Miami had kept him since he saved their *** once.

She can turn my "Paige" anytime!

vCash
    He can shoot. Shut this down

vCash
    #1 he is clutch
    #2 he lays it all out on the court every night
    #3 he plays through a million injuries
    #4 he is just a good guy in general

vCash
    lol. 4 real? What a bro

He'll take you out hunting and design your own nut huggers in the same day.

"It’s absolutely ludicrous” (to judge players based on whether they’ve won a title.)

vCash
    just seems like a generally awesome dude. he's also the perfect floor spreader for an elite wing who demands a lot of attention. if someones a good bud but also makes your job easier, it all adds up.

vCash
    He's sexy

vCash
    he's obviously a top 5 player of all time.

vCash
    Chronz will jump at any opportunity to bring TMac back into relevant discussion...

vCash
    Because he took me to a titty bar once.

vCash
    Mike Miller saved my puppy from getting hit by an Escalade!

And then cooked my family a wonderful pasta dish while speaking to us about the importance of looking out for one another.
    TWINSIES!!

vCash
    Miller is a great teammate from what I've read. Moreover he is the consummate role player. He gives it his all, all the time. He is one of the best spot up 3 point shooters in the game, a willing passer, a terrific rebounder, and a hustle player with a high basketball IQ. What's not to like about him? Some of these posts about him are so juvenile...Not every player is an All-Star...

vCash
    great hair.
    People fear what they don't understand, hate what they can't conquer
    Guess its just a theory of man became a monster, atop of the world
    Never fallin', I'm as real as they come from day one, forever ballin'
    C'mon

vCash
    Because he shows up in the playoffs.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast