Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Chris Wesseling's QB Rankings

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200...-nfls-best-qbs

Alone at the top: Aaron Rodgers
    Canton-bound: Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, Drew Brees
    Pro Bowl-caliber: Ben Roethlisberger, Andrew Luck, Matt Ryan, Philip Rivers
    New wave: Russell Wilson, Cam Newton, Colin Kaepernick, Robert Griffin III
    Established franchise quarterbacks: Tony Romo, Matthew Stafford, Jay Cutler, Joe Flacco, Eli Manning
    Borderline franchise: Alex Smith, Nick Foles, Andy Dalton, Carson Palmer, Ryan Tannehill, Josh McCown
    Question marks: Jake Locker, Sam Bradford, EJ Manuel, Geno Smith
    Bridge quarterbacks: Michael Vick, Ryan Fitzpatrick, Matt Cassel, Chad Henne, Brian Hoyer, Matt Schaub
    Impact rookies: Johnny Manziel, Teddy Bridgewater, Derek Carr, Blake Bortles

Seems like a pretty good list.

I think I'd move Alex Smith up into established franchise though. He has done well on multiple teams with multiple playoff runs. The same cannot really be said for anyone else in his category (or half the players in the category above for that matter).

I think I'd move Philip Rivers down because he's never really done anything at all of value. Put him in established franchise.

"Hater" is a term used by weak minded people in the face of legitimate criticism.
    -Scott van Pelt

vCash
    I like the list, but I wouldn't have two separate lists for "Pro Bowl Caliber" and "Established Franchise QBs." Most established QBs have made the Pro Bowl, and there's really no differentiating between the two groups. I'd put Ben the highest in that consolidated group, and certainly Andrew Luck will be elite for years to come, but there's no true gap among Ben, Luck, Eli, Ryan, Rivers, Romo, Stafford, Cutler, and Flacco. They're all franchise cornerstones.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Yanks All Day View Post
    I like the list, but I wouldn't have two separate lists for "Pro Bowl Caliber" and "Established Franchise QBs." Most established QBs have made the Pro Bowl, and there's really no differentiating between the two groups. I'd put Ben the highest in that consolidated group, and certainly Andrew Luck will be elite for years to come, but there's no true gap among Ben, Luck, Eli, Ryan, Rivers, Romo, Stafford, Cutler, and Flacco. They're all franchise cornerstones.
    Not a bad call. I could dig it. I agree that those QBs are all about the same, except for Luck. This list is more of a "this year" list, so Luck would move up off it eventually.

"Hater" is a term used by weak minded people in the face of legitimate criticism.
    -Scott van Pelt

vCash
    I'm going to catch hell but I pick brady, manning, or Luck over aaron rodgers to start a season any day of the week

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by raiderfaninTX View Post
    I'm going to catch hell but I pick brady, manning, or Luck over aaron rodgers to start a season any day of the week
    I wouldn't argue with Brady or Manning. But I'm not ready to put Luck near that yet.
    Coulson Lives

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by raiderfaninTX View Post
    Yeah what warfelg said, Brady and Payton are respectable alternatives, Lucks not there yet to me, but has easily the best chance to be there in time.

vCash
    Good list. Only ranking I dont like is Matt Ryan. Too high. He hasnt proven anything yet. Everything else looks pretty good.

STAFFORD THE LEADER

Sliding a yard short on 4th down because he's too afraid to take a hit.

vCash
    What a cop out

vCash
    Enough with the QB rankings already!

vCash
    Alone at the top: Aaron Rodgers
    Canton-bound: Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, Drew Brees
    Pro Bowl-caliber: Ben Roethlisberger, Andrew Luck, Matt Ryan, Philip Rivers
    New wave: Russell Wilson, Cam Newton, Colin Kaepernick, Robert Griffin III
    Established franchise quarterbacks: Tony Romo, Matthew Stafford, Jay Cutler, Joe Flacco, Eli Manning
    Borderline franchise: Alex Smith, Nick Foles, Andy Dalton, Carson Palmer, Ryan Tannehill, Josh McCown
    Question marks: Jake Locker, Sam Bradford, EJ Manuel, Geno Smith
    Bridge quarterbacks: Michael Vick, Ryan Fitzpatrick, Matt Cassel, Chad Henne, Brian Hoyer, Matt Schaub
    Impact rookies: Johnny Manziel, Teddy Bridgewater, Derek Carr, Blake Bortles

The thing I don't like about the list is the fact that there's too many groups, especially when several players could fit more easily in another group. Like why is there a "new wave" group? Newton has been here since 2011, the other three since 2012 (I include Kaep in 2012 since he didn't start prior); they're hardly "new", it was just a cop out to include the "running" QBs in one group together. Also, I find it odd that players like Cam, Wilson, and Foles aren't in PB-caliber when they're fresh off of PB seasons (2nd PB for Cam and Wilson). Nick Foles definitely deserves more than "borderline franchise", at least put the guy in "new wave". The "question marks" section seems like it's reserved for guys who are seemingly on their way out if they don't get their **** together, but why is Manuel in that list? And as much as I love Rodgers, considering he was injured half of last year and PM tore up the league and Brady did fine with the scrapheap offense he had, I don't feel it's fair to rule him "alone at the top".

CAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAM!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by manbearchef View Post
    Like why is there a "new wave" group? Newton has been here since 2011, the other three since 2012 (I include Kaep in 2012 since he didn't start prior); they're hardly "new", it was just a cop out to include the "running" QBs in one group together.
    Kind of. I think he broke them out that way because they've shown enough that they will probably be good, but any of those QBs could pretty easily never have a good season again. RG3 with the knee, Kaep has followed a relatively simplistic game-plan, Rus is somewhat of a product of his team, Cam has been up and down over his career. They'll either go into the pro-bowl groups, the franchise groups or the Canton groups sometime in the next few years.

Also, I find it odd that players like Cam, Wilson, and Foles aren't in PB-caliber when they're fresh off of PB seasons (2nd PB for Cam and Wilson). Nick Foles definitely deserves more than "borderline franchise", at least put the guy in "new wave".
    Foles has 16 starts and has played almost entirely in a "new to the NFL" type of offense. Needs time before moving. Regarding the PB question, I think it has to be perennial, non-replacement pro bowlers. Foles was a replacement, as was Luck in 2013. Russell was a replacement in 2012, as was Luck. In 2011, Cam was a replacement.

The "question marks" section seems like it's reserved for guys who are seemingly on their way out if they don't get their **** together, but why is Manuel in that list?
    Looks to me like guys who were/are supposed to be starters and have had injury problems (Manuel, Locker, Bradford) or guys who had really up and down play (Smith). None of them have really had enough games started to evaluate. I'd argue that Foles could go in that category too, having only started 16 games.

-Scott van Pelt

vCash
    Romo should be higher
    2014 Adopt-A-Lion: Golden Tate

vCash

Chris Wesseling's QB Rankings

The "new wave" group is ****ing dumb...

Everyone of them with the exception of maybe RG3 can fall into both the "Pro Bowl-Caliber" or "Established Franchise QB" tiers.

RG3, Russ, and Cam (I think?) have all already been Pro Bowlers, and all four of them are pretty much known as their franchise's long term QB's.

Andrew Luck, Robert Griffin III, and Colin Kaepernick walk into a bar... To watch Russell Wilson win the Super Bowl.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Baller1 View Post
    The "new wave" group is ****ing dumb...

Everyone of them with the exception of maybe RG3 can fall into both the "Pro Bowl-Caliber" or "Established Franchise QB" tiers.

RG3, Russ, and Cam (I think?) have all already been Pro Bowlers, and all four of them are pretty much known as their franchise's long term QB's.
    Feel free to add Foles to that list as well.

OK Nick, here is what I need you do. Go over there and grab me some water, a towel, and make yourself comfortable while I WRECK THIS ISH.

My name is Mark Sanchez. I am here to save you.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    Feel free to add Foles to that list as well.
    Most likely, needs more than half a season under his belt though.

But yes, he's very likely to become an established franchise QB.

Andrew Luck, Robert Griffin III, and Colin Kaepernick walk into a bar... To watch Russell Wilson win the Super Bowl.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast