Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast
    vCash

Minor League Thread (07/07/2014 - 07/20/2014)

Nimmo goes oppo taco for a 3-run HR. Herrera with a hit and 3 walks.

Rivera with 3 doubles and is now hitting .382.

vCash
    I thought it was interesting that Tyler Moore, the catcher we drafted this year out of LSU at Brooklyn was playing 2B today.

vCash
    Dominic smith with 2 more hits today, really crushing it, not so much power but hes hitting

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by championmets View Post
    Dominic smith with 2 more hits today, really crushing it, not so much power but hes hitting

Power is usually the last thing to develop in a prospect also he just truned 19 in a league that is 3 years older. Playing in Grayson Stadium(one of the toughest hitting parks in the minors) hurts too. Despite that he is batting close to .300 and etting a lot of doubles and RBI's lately

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    Nimmo goes oppo taco for a 3-run HR. Herrera with a hit and 3 walks.

Rivera with 3 doubles and is now hitting .382.

Remember when people were concened that Nimmo didnt have much power well he is cetainly proving that theory wrong. I understand he is off to a rough start in Bingimton but he is showing power at least

vCash
    I become concern about a guys power when they are 23 and still not showing much of it.

vCash
    And yet he still has an on base percentage of .347, never underestimate the ability to get on base.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JCrusher View Post
    Remember when people were concened that Nimmo didnt have much power well he is cetainly proving that theory wrong. I understand he is off to a rough start in Bingimton but he is showing power at least
    He hit for good power with Brooklyn 2 years ago, and he had the frame for future power and strength. Last year he was dealing with a hand injury for most of the season.

vCash
    He hit for good power with Brooklyn 2 years ago, and he had the frame for future power and strength. Last year he was dealing with a hand injury for most of the season.
    He played in Savannah.
    That had more to do with it.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

vCash
    @BKCyclones: Marcos Molina out after 5.0 IP, one hit, three walks, 6 k's. Josh Prevost first out of the pen for Brooklyn.

vCash
    Raphael Ramirez with a double, run, and RBI in first at bat. Also, pitcher Eucebio Arias looking good so far.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    He played in Savannah.
    That had more to do with it.
    They don't play every game in Savannah.

vCash
    They don't play every game in Savannah.
    Yeah, that's why I don't always buy into the Savannah factor for both pitchers and hitters.

vCash
    Even if the power isn't there, I like that Dom Smith doesn't strike out a terrible amount. Right now he looks like an 80-100K a year type person. When the power starts developing, I'm sure the K's will go up a bit, but he's not going to be the type of hitter with 20 HR and 180Ks.

vCash
    He is Dave Magadan incarnate!

Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast