Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Rox offer Bosh max contract...

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...ming-national5

Looks like 4 year/88 mil or 4 year/96 mil (bit of conflicting info in the link)

Thoughts? Good move?

Raising Jersey's first, trophies and banners next...

vCash
    We've already addressed this in other threads, but I think it's an awesome move by Houston if they can find the cap room and convince him to leave Miami. Honestly, I think he's a much better fit than Melo. Now it just boils down to what Lebron decides to do. If he bolts for Cleveland, Bosh is coming to Houston. If he decides to stay, Bosh will follow suit.

Although supposedly Dallas is pushing to get Parsons to sign an offer sheet. If that happens, it could throw a major wrench into the Rockets plans with Bosh.

vCash
    Ack, I started the same exact thread at exactly the same time! mine was from Adrian Wojnarowski's 'sources'.

Why exactly are we saying Bosh would be a good fit? He's a jump shooter? He can hit 3's? He'll pull defenders out of the middle for Harden and Chandler to penetrate? He's good in pick-n-roll defense, I believe. How is he against Roy Hibbert (playing well)?

vCash
    Whoa, I rarely bother looking at stats for trades... but Bosh's career numbers don't look $20M good to me. Not when compared to Terrance Jones' rookie year numbers.

Bosh is a 32% 3pt shooter? I thought he was supposed to be good. TJ shot 30%.

Bosh FG is .498, TJ's .532.

Bosh scores more, he also shoots more. Bosh has a higher free throw %, but doesn't take that many per game (and my ref theory says he'll take fewer on a team with Harden and Howard taking up the "discretionary whistles").

Unless Bosh is a tremendous blocker and defender (??) I don't see the fit. Explain it to me again?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JetRocketAngel View Post
    Whoa, I rarely bother looking at stats for trades... but Bosh's career numbers don't look $20M good to me. Not when compared to Terrance Jones' rookie year numbers.

Bosh is a 32% 3pt shooter? I thought he was supposed to be good. TJ shot 30%.

Bosh FG is .498, TJ's .532.

Bosh scores more, he also shoots more. Bosh has a higher free throw %, but doesn't take that many per game (and my ref theory says he'll take fewer on a team with Harden and Howard taking up the "discretionary whistles").

Unless Bosh is a tremendous blocker and defender (??) I don't see the fit. Explain it to me again?
    Because Jones isn't remotely the defender, perimeter or all around player that Bosh is. Hell, in terms of advanced stats like WS/48 and PER, Jones is every bit as good as Bosh. But advanced stats don't take things like consistency, minutes played or defensive prowess into consideration. I love Jones' game, but his perimeter shooting is a major work in progress and he's far too inconsistent on both ends of the floor to be a top tier starting PF in the league at this point in his career.

And you bring up 3-point shooting, but Bosh was essentially a 34% 3-point shooter last season compared to less than 31% for Jones. Bosh also took more than twice as many threes per game. Also, it's worth bringing playoff numbers into the discussion. Notice Jones drop off in production in the postseason but the fact that Bosh's numbers were relatively consistent over the past four years as the Heat made four straight Finals.

I like Jones, but I think Bosh is superior in pretty much every possible way. If you can get him by overpaying for him, you do it, because players of his caliber that fit this well on paper with the Rockets are not easy to come by.

vCash
    I hear the term "stretch 4" being tossed around a lot with the Rockets the past couple of seasons and it seems like this is what they're looking for in Bosh.

So essentially we're shoring up the front-court pretty strong, but we'll be a little thin in the back trying to make room on the cap and ditching Lin and whoever else.

Raising Jersey's first, trophies and banners next...

vCash
    Are they really going to be that thin the back court, though? I like Lin, but the guy was insanely inconsistent. Between young guys like Canaan, Nick Johnson and possibly Troy Daniels, I think one of those guys could step up and be every bit the player Lin was for a fraction of the cost. And Houston could still have all or a portion of the MLE to add a veteran guard if they don't trust any of those guys to get the job done.

vCash
    For clarification, I do think Houston would be fairly thin in the back court, but I think they're pretty thin across the board right now until they fill in the rest of the roster. And I don't think they necessarily have to add a big name in the back court to be every bit as good as they were last season in the back court off the bench, because I don't think Jeremy Lin is very good.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    Are they really going to be that thin the back court, though? I like Lin, but the guy was insanely inconsistent. Between young guys like Canaan, Nick Johnson and possibly Troy Daniels, I think one of those guys could step up and be every bit the player Lin was for a fraction of the cost. And Houston could still have all or a portion of the MLE to add a veteran guard if they don't trust any of those guys to get the job done.
    I'd say Lin was inconsistent because his role changed from week to week and line up to line up.

If Harden was on the court he was expected to stand in a corner (don't back-cut! That'll take away Harden's driving lane). If Harden wasn't there, then he generally had free reign to penetrate, except Howard would insist in getting the ball and pounding it 5-6 times and putting up a turn around hook shot.

Lin's main weakness is an inability to stay in front of quicker PG's penetration (but nobody really can) AND his lack of consistent recovery to defend the PG (Beverly's biggest strength). I'm sure Houston can get a backup PG for less than Lin, but I doubt he will be better than Lin.

vCash
    I'd say Lin was inconsistent because his role changed from week to week and line up to line up.

If Harden was on the court he was expected to stand in a corner (don't back-cut! That'll take away Harden's driving lane). If Harden wasn't there, then he generally had free reign to penetrate, except Howard would insist in getting the ball and pounding it 5-6 times and putting up a turn around hook shot.
    So we can agree we don't need him. Not Lin in itself, but a player like him, for the money he makes.

Lin's main weakness is an inability to stay in front of quicker PG's penetration (but nobody really can)
    I'd actually call that his biggest strength, on defense. He is strong, quick and tall enough to stop players from going to the rim. There's a pretty good stat, I think it was the Seahawks/Rockets fan who brought it up last season, showing exaclty that.

AND his lack of consistent recovery to defend the PG (Beverly's biggest strength). I'm sure Houston can get a backup PG for less than Lin, but I doubt he will be better than Lin.
    That's relative. He might not be better than Lin overall, but he might be just as good or even better, if he is an elite three-point shooter, playing in this team, right now.
    Rockets | Texans | Astros

vCash

Lin's main weakness is an inability to stay in front of quicker PG's penetration (but nobody really can) AND his lack of consistent recovery to defend the PG (Beverly's biggest strength). I'm sure Houston can get a backup PG for less than Lin, but I doubt he will be better than Lin.
    lol dude everyone is better than Lin the rockets cant do worse. His main weakness isnt defense its offense. Look at those playoffsnumbers . Dont blame harden Lin had 2years to adjust his weaknesses is his court vision , handles and overall basketball IQ is below average for a guard.
    Last edited by farren.louis; 07-09-2014 at 11:13 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by farren.louis View Post
    lol dude everyone is better than Lin the rockets cant do worse. His main weakness isnt defense its offense. Look at those playoffsnumbers . Dont blame harden Lin had 2years to adjust his weaknesses is his court vision , handles and overall basketball IQ is below average for a guard.
    Uh huh.

Dude, don't not quote me stats! Your non stats don't trump the eyeball test where Lin was fine in the playoffs. He held his own offensively and defensively. Harden was terrible on both ends and the our PFs didn't match up. That's why we lost.

vCash
    Uh huh.

Dude, don't not quote me stats! Your non stats don't trump the eyeball test where Lin was fine in the playoffs. He held his own offensively and defensively. Harden was terrible on both ends and the our PFs didn't match up. That's why we lost.
    While I do believe stats don't always tell the truth, eye-test is subjective and change from person to person and can be influenced, stats do not work the same way.

Lin had a 1.67 AST/TO, shot 41% from the field and a pathetic 5-23 from three against the Blazers. And that was a huge improvement from 2013 Playoffs.
    Rockets | Texans | Astros

vCash
    Adrian Wojnarowski: Communication flowing between Chris Bosh camp and Rockets today, preparing for landing spot should LeBron James leave, sources tell Yahoo. Twitter @WojYahooNBA
    Via Hoopshype, via Twitter

I'm so freaking excited. I'm hoping Lebron will make his announcement this evening one way or the other so at least we all know where Houston stands. If I had to pick one way or the other, I'd say that I'm leaning 60% toward Lebron picking Cleveland. But it could just be because that's where I want him to go and because I desperately want Bosh in Houston...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by EDUTEXANS View Post
    While I do believe stats don't always tell the truth, eye-test is subjective and change from person to person and can be influenced, stats do not work the same way.

Lin had a 1.67 AST/TO, shot 41% from the field and a pathetic 5-23 from three against the Blazers. And that was a huge improvement from 2013 Playoffs.
    I was just mocking Farren. He's all about the eye test.

I believe that Lin took a couple desperation/last second 3's with no chance of going in. Remove two misses and his 3pt% is just meh. (and still better than Harden's?) Anyway, what's happening with Parsons??

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast