Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

How Did Oakland Become a Better Franchise with a Crappier City and Stadium Environs?

How DID Oakland become a better franchise with a crappier city, fans, and stadium environs?

What's your opinion?

1) They have no intention of having anyone play with the club more than their first six years?
    2) They'd rather trade a guy a year early or even let a guy go to free agency than sign him really long-term?
    3) They draft position players for expected ability/smarts to get on base or drive in runs rather than bat speed?

Hell, I don't know...

vCash
    Billy Beane

/Thread

vCash
    Management, Kenny sucked

Ozzie was a joke

it's that simple
    1985 Bears
    2005 White Sox
    2010 Blackhawks
    1991 Bulls

1981 Sting

vCash
    I agree on management.

A's do it the best in getting maximum effort at every position that equals to team play.

vCash
    Plus smart payroll allocations.

Highest payed player: Yoenis Cespedes 10,500,000

But they are wasting $10 million on Jim Johnson.

A's don't play the pay me for what I did in the last year or the past with $15 million plus a year contracts but fill their rooster with players that do the little things to win as one guy can be depended on when someone else is struggling pitching and batting.

Meaning they spread their money around the $5-10 million year guys that gives you something at every position that can play.

vCash
    If we had Billy Beane the last 10 years, plus a 120M payroll I predict we would've won 3 world series. Kenny and Ozzie certainly didn't do this franchise too many favors. We would've drafted better, sold high on past their prime players, not let the farm system rot for years, and obviously not given out bad contracts.

vCash
    I blame Ozzie more than Kenny Williams. Kenny made quite a few shrewd moves over his time as a general manager. He made a few silly moves early in his tenure, but he got progressively more adept at making smart trades and selling high on players. Unfortunately, some of the trades and signings really backfired, mainly because of clubhouse issues that were instigated by Guillen. If they had a more competent manager and an owner that didn't listen to said moron manager, then I believe the White Sox would have been in a better position to succeed. Moves like letting Jim Thome go in favor of the rotating DH and trading swisher for peanuts because he didn't get along with Ozzie still drive me nuts to this day.

I'M A MONSTER!!!!!!

vCash
    Jim Thome and Nick Swisher on the 2010 White Sox, and your are talking about a team that likely goes to the World Series.

vCash
    "Crappier City" is a bold statement coming from Chiraq; which is quickly turning into the hell-hole of America.

In short, the management in Oakland is much, much smarter than yours.

vCash

How Did Oakland Become a Better Franchise with a Crappier City and Stadium Environs?

Ozzie and Kenny
    1985 Bears
    2005 White Sox
    2010 Blackhawks
    1991 Bulls

1981 Sting

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tredigs View Post
    "Crappier City" is a bold statement coming from Chiraq; which is quickly turning into the hell-hole of America.

In short, the management in Oakland is much, much smarter than yours.
    Relax there. The crime is in the majority of one area on the far south side of the city. Nobody in their right mind would choose Oakland over Chicago to live.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DaSox_05 View Post
    Relax there. The crime is in the majority of one area on the far south side of the city. Nobody in their right mind would choose Oakland over Chicago to live.

The whole ChiRaq stuff is media bull. 500 murders in 2013 which is 17 per 100,000 in the city limits.
    Other per 100,000
    Caracas 134
    San Pedro Sula 187
    Acapulco 112
    Cali 83

Brazil has nine in the next top 16 with #16 at 57 per 100,000.

Gang killings in Bronzeville, west side Garfield Park and small pockets north and south of the IKE in the west, Austin and north central Milwaukee Av area going through Humboldt park small sections is the bad areas. But our murder rate per 100,000 is nothing like Iraq.
    Last edited by South Side Sox; 07-19-2014 at 07:26 PM.

vCash
    Anyways, Treds the management things is true. but we are lights years from KW as the head with Hahn finding talent and trading. Abreu and A. Garcia. More work to come in the middle infield and catcher going into 2015.

vCash
    Billy Beane all day.

vCash
    Although it would be nice to be competitive every year and would be fun to watch what Billy Beane could do with a little more payroll, I wouldn't trade it for the ring that Kenny is wearing.