Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Heat Sign Josh McRoberts 4/23M

Full mid level exception. All over twitter.

Panic move. Overpaid. Would have rather given that to Channing frye. He's an average player.

vCash
    Good rebounder, good passer, good defender, good 3pt range.

Sounds like a perfect fit to me, no? Just because he isn't a big name doesn't mean that he isn't a great fit
    Hawks Mock Offseason GM

Miami HEAT and Baltimore Ravens TM

vCash
    In the playoff series against the Heat..Josh McRoberts played solid ball for the Bobcats/Hornets..his game has improved tremendously....once yall BIG 3 hopefully returns he would be a nice piece in the mix..some of you HEAT fans are really irrational....You also have 2 nice young pieces Shabazz & Innis....a few more moves and yall should be good if Lebron does not decide to burn yall
    Last edited by FNM BOY; 07-07-2014 at 03:37 PM.
    Big ups to Phins1983 for the Sig!!!

vCash
    Is it telling that we used the Full MLE? Serious question...Doesn't that mean that we are operating as a capped out team? BTW, no issues with the signing, especially if the crew is returning!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ATX View Post
    Is it telling that we used the Full MLE? Serious question...Doesn't that mean that we are operating as a capped out team? BTW, no issues with the signing, especially if the crew is returning!
    Yeah it does, and it has probably been the best REALISTIC option for us all along. Being capped out allows us to re-sign all of our bird right guys, and as you see we got Danny with the BAE too
    Hawks Mock Offseason GM

Miami HEAT and Baltimore Ravens TM

vCash
    McRoberts & Danny Granger are 2 solid signings for you guys....both are good defensive and offensive players
    Big ups to Phins1983 for the Sig!!!

vCash
    No problem with this signing at all...he fits the way we do things offensively and he's a good shooter from 3. Anyone who watches basketball and doesn't fixate themselves with "names" will like this signing. I like it better than the Granger signing, and even that transaction I'm cool with.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SteBO View Post
    No problem with this signing at all...he fits the way we do things offensively and he's a good shooter from 3. Anyone who watches basketball and doesn't fixate themselves with "names" will like this signing. I like it better than the Granger signing, and even that transaction I'm cool with.
    Heat can turn Granger's bi-annual deal into trade-exception move by making it a trade with Clippers, giving L.A. their own trade exception. -Ira Winderman

I really like this move. Josh McRoberts (great upgrade over Rashard Lewis; younger, much more athletic and can actually rebound) can ball, stretch 4 that can play the 3, underrated defender, hustles hard for lose balls and is a good rebounder. Also, hitting the open 3 is in his arsenal as well. Great move Mr. Riley. Granger on the other hand, high potential with low risk at the price we acquired him for. I don't expect a lot, but may surprise many if he can stay healthy throughout the off-season (replacement for Battier I suppose).

Irony is... they both have gotten into some serious altercations with LeBron in the playoffs, but we all know things change when you go to war on the same side.
    Last edited by Fantasy Sports; 07-07-2014 at 04:51 PM.

vCash
    Remember Josh McRobert's deal is a verbal agreement which means it hasn't been signed yet and it won't be signed until the full 55 million is cap room that we have is used up!

Remember teams can only use the "Full" mid-level exception when they're over the cap room and aren't in luxury tax penalty. Which leads to to assuming that the HEAT aren't done signing players yet. My prediction is we'll be signing Gasol (Pau) along with Lebron/Bosh/Wade

IF Lebron were to sign for the Max this is how i see our 55 million dollars in cap space being spread out

Lebron :20
    Bosh: 15
    Wade: 11
    Gasol: 9
    "A champion needs a motivation above and beyond winning."-Pat Riley.

vCash
    Granger's deal is another exception that teams that are over the cap space but aren't in the tax penalty can use! So these again are all verbal deals as of right now
    "A champion needs a motivation above and beyond winning."-Pat Riley.

vCash
    Good to see ATX, King Koopa, unleashthebeast, and Mrs Rose, Wrench, king james back
    Last edited by Master Mind; 07-07-2014 at 11:30 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by King Koopa View Post
    Remember Josh McRobert's deal is a verbal agreement which means it hasn't been signed yet and it won't be signed until the full 55 million is cap room that we have is used up!

Remember teams can only use the "Full" mid-level exception when they're over the cap room and aren't in luxury tax penalty. Which leads to to assuming that the HEAT aren't done signing players yet. My prediction is we'll be signing Gasol (Pau) along with Lebron/Bosh/Wade

IF Lebron were to sign for the Max this is how i see our 55 million dollars in cap space being spread out

Lebron :20
    Bosh: 15
    Wade: 11
    Gasol: 9
    Precisely, many rumors and speculation that at least another move is coming sooner rather than later.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MiamiBoy77 View Post
    Full mid level exception. All over twitter.

Panic move. Overpaid. Would have rather given that to Channing frye. He's an average player.
    No, just no. Channing Frye is trash.

That said, I do feel they certainly overpaid for McRoberts' services, despite he's a better player than Frye. I feel Riles could have made up for overpaying McRoberts though, by signing Jordan Hill or Ed Davis (or both), but instead he goes with a washed up wing in Granger lol (what a terrible move). So Riles' answer to fixing the HEAT's very glaring front court problems, is adding crappy wings? Wow, just wow?!?!?! I wouldn't be surprised if the Pau Gasol (an aging forward) and Anthony Morrow (a career crap player) rumors are true, Riles probably is interested in bringing them on board. Meanwhile, the Spurs get younger, and the HEAT keep getting older. Wonderful!
    Last edited by Dré; 07-07-2014 at 05:19 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Master Mind View Post
    Good to see ATX, King Koopa, unleashthebeast, and Mrs Rose back

vCash
    im okay with this signing .. mcroberts showed last season that he can play and contribute .. and playing against the heat he showed a versatile skill for a big man .. he can pass ,shoot, bring the ball and he has some toughness .. i like it .. idk about granger though .. from the loook of it last year in a clippers uniform he seems washed up !!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast