Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Blue Jays talking about Price!

Report: according to SportsNet, they have reported that according to Jon Morossi Tampa is willing to deal David Price to the Toronto Blue Jays, but they must include 2/3 of the top prospects in Sanchez, Norris and/or Pompey.

If someone could find a source that would be cool. Personally I do this deal in a second. Especially if that's all the cost is And Price is locked for next season too.

vCash

vCash
    I'd do all 3 plus more for price .....why not try and get zobrist too.

vCash
    2 prospects for Price would be great. I'm in agreement with jon, throw in the third prospect to try to get Zobrist too.

vCash
    If Tampa is willing to accept a deal for Price and Zobrist, and we don't have to include Stroman or Hutch...why is this deal not finalized yet?

In saying that...we still need a righty & lefty in the pen too.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by passengershawn View Post
    If Tampa is willing to accept a deal for Price and Zobrist, and we don't have to include Stroman or Hutch...why is this deal not finalized yet?

I think maybe the Jays should look at price+Rodriguez would make more sense. Cost less then Zobrist and let's us use a 3rd spec for another pitcher possibly?

vCash
    We get that this

and the Blue Jays could make a credible offer by putting forward two of their top three prospects:
    /=offer that and there's a deal, right?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by passengershawn View Post

I also would look for the Jays to make that move for Headley and try to get Ian Kennedy (I think he's still on padres). But if we can land Price for Sanchez and Norris I do it and possibly resign him or trade him next year deadline.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lorneg34 View Post
    I think maybe the Jays should look at price+Rodriguez would make more sense. Cost less then Zobrist and let's us use a 3rd spec for another pitcher possibly?
    Good point, but after looking at the article again it says that the Rays MAY be willing to accept a package of Norris, Sanchez & Pompey...so there's nothing stating the Rays WOULD accept that if the Jays offered it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 2009mvp View Post
    We get that this

/=offer that and there's a deal, right?
    Nobody said that did they?? But if someone like morosi is bringing it up who I'm sure holds more standing then you, then it's reasonable to believe something AROUND that type of offer could get us a deal. And I think the more IMPORTANT piece of info to take out of it is that Tampa is willing to trade within the AL East. But thanks for being so negative.

vCash
    So you add more to get him then.

vCash
    if EE is out for a long time, I just dont see the point

You are throwing a lineup out there with a total of 3 guys capable of contributing every day (Reyes, Cabrera, Jose) and 2 other guys that can hit but have to sit against lefties (Rasmus, Lind)

The rest of the lineup is crap. Price isn't gonna help much if you can't put up more than 2 runs a game like we did in Oakland. Not to mention the crap bullpen and the fact that Hutch and Stroman would have to be capped at some point

I think this team has slid way too much and the EE and Lawrie injuries just destroyed our chances of competing

props to vick27m

"Art was my first major in college but it was too hard, so I majored in math"
    Ron Artest

vCash
    If Price signs an extension here then sure...if not, eff that noise.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bomber0104 View Post
    if EE is out for a long time, I just dont see the point

You are throwing a lineup out there with a total of 3 guys capable of contributing every day (Reyes, Cabrera, Jose) and 2 other guys that can hit but have to sit against lefties (Rasmus, Lind)

The rest of the lineup is crap. Price isn't gonna help much if you can't put up more than 2 runs a game like we did in Oakland. Not to mention the crap bullpen and the fact that Hutch and Stroman would have to be capped at some point

I think this team has slid way too much and the EE and Lawrie injuries just destroyed our chances of competing
    We're still in it tho... It's just that now instead of pitching being a glaring hole our offense looks like more of a priority to upgrade since its been ****ing terrible for however man weeks.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by statquo View Post
    We're still in it tho... It's just that now instead of pitching being a glaring hole our offense looks like more of a priority to upgrade since its been ****ing terrible for however man weeks.
    Exactly. You can't really count on anything with this team. Price can come in here and give you 7 innings and 2ER every 5th game and the offense could still suck rocks.

And then what happens when he walks (and he will cause there will be a team out there that will give him $200 mil...and that team ain't the Jays.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast