1. Does your team have quality backup QB? (If he can go at least 2-2 in a 4 game stretch, the answer to this question is yes. If not, the answer is no)
Unknown, Cassel could, but if he's the starter, hopeful but no idea with Teddy
2. Does your team have a real swing offensive tackle, a guy that can play left or right tackle and has experience?
Not even close, our swing veterans are gone.
3. Does your team have a solid inside offensive lineman that can play guard or center?
Yes. Joe Berger is solid at all 3 inside spots for a backup. Jeff Baca has one year of "experience", and the overweight matador known as Vlad Ducasse is somehow on the team.
4. Is there a quality second running back that can deliver a 100-yard rushing day if he had to start? Unlikely. Gerhart is gone, and McKinnon is an unproven Sproles-esque rookie.
5. Is there a good second tight end on the roster? No. Rhett Ellison is good at blocking, average otherwise
6. Can the third wide receiver step up and start in the two-WR packages if a starter went down? Yes. Greg Jennings/Cordarrele Patterson are tops. Jerome Simpson is good enough to start.
7. Does your team have a designated pass-rush specialist who could play the early downs if need be?
Yes. Robison/Everson Griffen suffice.
8. Is there a third defensive tackle that not only plays in a rotation but could play the whole game if need be?
Yes. Fred Evans would start on a couple teams.
9. Is there a quality nickel corner on the roster, since most teams are at least 50 percent sub defenses?
No. Although Captain Munnerlyn will play slot in Nickel, and he has been solid in past. years, that means Josh Robinson on the outside... unknown.
10 Is there a fourth corner for dime packages? No. Unless Derek Cox rebounds off of his big contact disappointment in SD.
11. Is there a third safety for big nickel defenses? No. Only 1 proven starter at S
12. Is there a return specialist that can either handle both punt and kick returns or contribute as a real position player? Yes. Cordarrele Patterson, enough said.
13. Does your team have a special-teams linebacker that leads the specials and can play inside linebacker in a pinch? Yes. Audie Cole.
Don't care how many yes/no answers, Vikings have below average depth.
Last edited by IBleedPurple; 07-07-2014 at 02:11 AM.
Time for some hootenanny.