Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Boris Diaw reaches agreement with Spurs. 3 yr $22.5 mill

Last edited by kdspurman; 07-06-2014 at 09:36 PM. Reason: Updated per Woj.

vCash
    I thought they would bring him back but on a little bit of a shorter deal.

vCash
    Ehh, a little expensive.

vCash

Boris Diaw reaches agreement with Spurs. 3 yr $22.5 mill

A lot of money but they needed him. Good deal for the spurs

vCash
    Dude got paid. That's almost Tim Duncan money. lol

vCash
    That's a lot of money but he is very important for them in the postseason

vCash
    That's great for him, a 32 year old role player with 7 mil a year

vCash
    Wow. 7 mill a year at his age? He's worth more like 5.

vCash
    Fully expected that they would re-sign Diaw. Looks like the Spurs are well positioned to go for a repeat.

Completely intact roster plus they picked up Kyle Anderson.... going to be an interesting season next year. Now we just have to see whether Melo and Lebron have the cajones to go West...
    J.R. Smith: "They were pretty much scoring at will. Especially my guy. I don't know what the hell I was doing on defense."

Raymond Felton : "The play was give the ball to Melo."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by torocan View Post
    Fully expected that they would re-sign Diaw. Looks like the Spurs are well positioned to go for a repeat.

Completely intact roster plus they picked up Kyle Anderson.... going to be an interesting season next year. Now we just have to see whether Melo and Lebron have the cajones to go West...
    Not a good time to get stingy once you have a championship roster. Might be 3mil a little too high but the deal is front loaded so it becomes small in the third year. Imagine if we also get Gasol? Gameover.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86 View Post
    Wow. 7 mill a year at his age? He's worth more like 5.
    Age doesn't matter when you see how he plays. Smart guy, durable, and fits perfectly. I remember people thought Splitter was overpaid, but guys earn their $ and come up big when needed. Splitter did the first 2 series, and Diaw was valuable all post season, but really shined against OKC/Miami. He's getting like Ginobili money, and he is probably equally as important.

I do like the partially guaranteed for his 3rd year though.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kdspurman View Post
    Age doesn't matter when you see how he plays. Smart guy, durable, and fits perfectly. I remember people thought Splitter was overpaid, but guys earn their $ and come up big when needed. Splitter did the first 2 series, and Diaw was valuable all post season, but really shined against OKC/Miami. He's getting like Ginobili money, and he is probably equally as important.

I do like the partially guaranteed for his 3rd year though.
    You saying that now bro but we will see later

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by c.c. View Post
    ??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6KkrccHEAqg

Maybe if the Rockets could get a good bench instead of complaining every year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by c.c. View Post
    I'll see what later? I'm confused. I know I saw him as a huge advantage on the biggest stages (WCF & Finals)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SPURSFAN1 View Post
    Not a good time to get stingy once you have a championship roster. Might be 3mil a little too high but the deal is front loaded so it becomes small in the third year. Imagine if we also get Gasol? Gameover.
    Nah, I think the deal was fair considering the critical role that Diaw plays in specific Spurs line ups. He was pretty integral to the OKC and Miami series on both ends of the floor. The ability to play switch defense with Kawhi and not give up significant size and length, combined with his strong front court passing and deep range to pull opposing 4's (like Ibaka) to the perimeter is a unique and hard to find skill set.

Toss in that he can crush smaller players (like Wade) in post up play, and that he has sufficient length and finishing ability to score in traffic and it would be awfully hard to replace him for similar or less money.

Diaw just creates a ton of match up problems once you roll out TD and Leonard.

Diaw when engaged is definitely worth $7M or more. His biggest issue was finding a team where he would be engaged... lucky for him Pops and Co. have managed to make him comfortable so that he could unlock his potential.
    J.R. Smith: "They were pretty much scoring at will. Especially my guy. I don't know what the hell I was doing on defense."

Raymond Felton : "The play was give the ball to Melo."

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast