9 32.14%
  • sellers

18 64.29%
  • stand pat

1 3.57%
Page 1 of 45 12311 ... LastLast
    vCash

Should the Mets be buyers or sellers?

I like to see the Mets be buyer were they get establish major league hitters so our young pitchers might get some run support. Who should be traded to really get this team completive. be the GM and give us a realistic trades to turn this mess around. Please no more prospect lol, it's all we ever trade for only kidding but ready to play now prospects

vCash
    See what the market offers for Abreu and Colon.
    John Maeda@johnmaeda

Knowing the overall *shape* of an idea, argument, situation requires as many facts, models, opinions as you can take/make to see a whole.

vCash
    The only logical answer(s) are to sell or stand pat.

They should deal Colon and test the market for Niese and Murphy.

Buying right now doesn't make any sense. That can wait for the offseason.

vCash
    if you are not in the pennant race, the cost in talent will be too prohibitive to pick up a quality player. So yeah, its sell or stand pat.
    John Maeda@johnmaeda

Knowing the overall *shape* of an idea, argument, situation requires as many facts, models, opinions as you can take/make to see a whole.

vCash

Should the Mets be buyers or sellers?

Sell unless you are buying a long term solution in the outfield or SS. Colon should be gone. See what interest murph draws

vCash
    They should be competent enough to put a product capable of playing over .500 ball and save the excuses

Buy or sell? Legit question yet the answer is the same blah, blah, blah (ie, right price, test the market, don't panic, be patient, let's see what happens, it's getting better, etc).

vCash
    I put we should be selling. What I mean by that is we should be looking to trade people like Colon for some Major league ready talent. I would suggest others, but what other decent veteran do we have on the team to dangle? And I'm not of the Trade Murphy side of this forum

vCash
    what about trading one of our young picthers with a vet to the cubs they have a surplus of young SS

9. 07-06-2014, 12:50 PM
    Reason
    Trolling

vCash
    One thing to keep in mind that July 31 is not the deadline to make a deal. Last season SA traded B&B in late August for a sweet package.
    John Maeda@johnmaeda

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by playD View Post
    what about trading one of our young picthers with a vet to the cubs they have a surplus of young SS
    Harvey may be the only guy they'd want for one of their SS. Having a bunch of SS isn't nearly the problem some to wanna make it be. Lots of players get moved positions.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BcEuAbRsS View Post
    Harvey may be the only guy they'd want for one of their SS. Having a bunch of SS isn't nearly the problem some to wanna make it be. Lots of players get moved positions.
    It is if Alcantara can't play CF defensively and doesn't have the bat for a corner OF spot. The Cubs need pitching talent. It's not out of the realm of possibility they would bite on Wheeler, Syndergaard, or Montero (all top 100 prospects) for their ceilings and the lack of pitching talent the Cubs have in their upper levels and current rotation.

I still think Castro is the odd man out.
    Last edited by metswon69; 07-06-2014 at 03:21 PM.

vCash
    There is no reason to believe that Alcantara can't play CF, but even then it's unlikely that all three of our possibly SS in the minors will succeed. We know what Castro is and exactly what he will cost for the foreseeable future. I think he's the last one getting moved unless it's for a true #1 pitcher.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BcEuAbRsS View Post
    There is no reason to believe that Alcantara can't play CF, but even then it's unlikely that all three of our possibly SS in the minors will succeed. We know what Castro is and exactly what he will cost for the foreseeable future. I think he's the last one getting moved unless it's for a true #1 pitcher.
    From reports, he hasn't been playing it well down there. Sure up the middle players can transition but it doesn't necessary mean they will. That said, I don't see the Cubs keeping all of those guys when they have limited SP talent in their farm system and at the major league level. There is a good chance that if the Cubs want to move Castro they aren't getting an ace in return either. He's a good player but not a player with a tremendous ceiling like a Baez or Bryant.
    Last edited by metswon69; 07-06-2014 at 04:14 PM.

vCash
    Sellers. We need to be sellers until we have the right young, cheap core gel. Until then, we will not add money, so keep trading off money until everything comes together. Trade Murphy, Colon, and any other salary they can get rid of. Hoping then, if Thor, Wheeler, Harvey, Darno all mature at the same time we will become serious buyers, not halfassed buyers

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    From reports, he hasn't been playing it well down there. Sure up the middle players can transition but it doesn't necessary mean they will. That said, I don't see the Cubs keeping all of those guys when they have limited SP talent in their farm system and at the major league level. There is a good chance that if the Cubs want to move Castro they aren't getting an ace in return either. He's a good player but not a player with a tremendous ceiling like a Baez or Bryant.
    I highly disagree, Castro is extremely valuable and shouldn't be moved for anything less than a #1 or really young #2. People forget that Castro just turned 24 in March and really hasn't even entered his prime yet. He's obviously not an elite player, but his value is rather high.

Page 1 of 45 12311 ... LastLast