Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Phillies Game/month thread: July

let the trades begin...
    2011 PSD Phillies Forum HOF Inductee

Harry, I grew up with the phillies and learned the game by your voice. You will always be missed but never forgotten. Though you are no longer with us, you'll never be "outta here" in our hearts!

vCash
    Worst team in baseball? Any sure fire picks next year?
    2011 PSD Phillies Forum HOF Inductee

Harry, I grew up with the phillies and learned the game by your voice. You will always be missed but never forgotten. Though you are no longer with us, you'll never be "outta here" in our hearts!

vCash
    knowing Phillys luck with drafts there will be no franchise player in the draft

Sports fans check out my website www.teamtakeum.com NFL ATS picks posted here

vCash
    The Cubs and DBacks are likely to dismantle at a fast pace and race for the bottom. I bet the Phillies will pick between #5 and 8.
    Now writing for FanGraphs, RotoGraphs, The Hardball Times, and The Fake Baseball

Follow me on Twitter for article updates @baseballATeam

vCash
    Eh... Would be surprised if they finished higher than the 5th pick.

Dbacks, Astros, Cubs, Rays are abouts the only teams I could see being worse without questioning it.

vCash
    How much would Howard be worth if the Phillies ate his contract? The same with Papelbon?

vCash
    No one will take Howard. Paps has value to Baltimore or Detroit. Reuben will eat some to get something. Would love to see Red Sox wake up some and trade them lee and Byrd for mookie plus pitching spec

vCash
    Anybody hear Ruben's latest appearance on Mike Missanelli's show? Gold I tell ya....gold. The poor guy is a stuttering mess.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by koldjerky View Post
    Eh... Would be surprised if they finished higher than the 5th pick.

Dbacks, Astros, Cubs, Rays are abouts the only teams I could see being worse without questioning it.
    Twins, Rangers, Mets, Marlins, Rockies, Padres?

Three of those teams are already below the Phillies in the standings. The team probably only needs to play .500 RoS to pick 11th.
    Now writing for FanGraphs, RotoGraphs, The Hardball Times, and The Fake Baseball

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The A Team View Post
    Twins, Rangers, Mets, Marlins, Rockies, Padres?

Three of those teams are already below the Phillies in the standings. The team probably only needs to play .500 RoS to pick 11th.
    Well the phillies 5 game win streak and the downfall of a few teams certainly raised the standings. I still feel they finish closer to 5-7 area.

vCash
    For the love of God please let Byrd for Paxton happen.....

Kid is a stud, have had my eye on him for the last few years and we actually might be able to get him for just Byrd because of injuries lowering his value this year.

But as for the deadline, I think the only safe bets to be traded are Byrd and Papelbon. Rollins, Lee and Chooch could all happen assuming we eat some money but the deals would have to be right. Zero chance we trade Utley unless we get overwhelmed, I don't think the front office wants to risk alienating anymore of our fan base. We're stuck with Howard unless we eat 98% of his contract and get nothing in return, however this would clear the road for Franco...

THANK YOU DANNY B #48

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by philsphan123 View Post
    No one will take Howard. Paps has value to Baltimore or Detroit. Reuben will eat some to get something. Would love to see Red Sox wake up some and trade them lee and Byrd for mookie plus pitching spec
    A healthy Lee would be more than enough to net Mookie (lets pray he pitches well Monday), especially if we eat a large portion of money in the deal. Byrd and the Mariners needs to happen. If we can net Paxton for an outfielder who has maybe 1-2 years left, then I will be ecstatic about our deadline.
    Last edited by bringbackfredex; 07-18-2014 at 09:09 PM.

THANK YOU DANNY B #48

vCash
    Marlon Byrd doesn't get you halfway to Paxton or Walker. He should be enough to get Nick Franklin, but he (Franklin) is the kind of prospect that teams have trouble trading away. Endowment effect.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The A Team View Post
    Marlon Byrd doesn't get you halfway to Paxton or Walker. He should be enough to get Nick Franklin, but he (Franklin) is the kind of prospect that teams have trouble trading away. Endowment effect.
    Yeah it's a pipe dream, I think Paxton is a more realistic possibility than Walker though if we sweeten the pot a little. I'm also not very high on Franklin, but we're going to have to take whatever we can get for a 37 year old.
    Last edited by bringbackfredex; 07-17-2014 at 02:05 PM.

THANK YOU DANNY B #48

vCash
    Franklin is at least a utility infielder with upside for more. I don't think you can ask for much more in return for Byrd.

Looks like he's scuttling any offer to M's by asking for his option to be picked up. My bet is he remains more valuable in the middle of the Phillies order than anything we can get back via trade.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast