Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

Reality Check: Miami could re-sign Lebron, Bosh and Wade at the max if it wanted to.

So... if Miami doesn't sign them at the max, it is 100% a financial issue, trying to stay under the luxury tax. But don't get it twisted; Miami owns the Bird rights to all those guys and is completely free to sign all of them for the max. They can also go further over re-signing all of their other guys, and this could open the door for adding through trades.

So right off the bat, all of this discount Bosh-discount Wade-discount Lebron talk is absurd.

Hey, if Miami wants to be a superteam, then you know what the dealio is. As I understand it, Miami voted for the new CBA.

If Lebron Bosh and Wade were in Los Angeles they would all get paid, boom, no problem. Miami has an epic team based on three superstars, and it is totally ridiculous they talk about getting San Antonio bargains for everybody. LoL they already opted out.

Anyway, again, Miami is 100% free to re-sign Lebron, Wade and Bosh at the max if they want to. So, basically all this "drama" about who will take what discount to "make it all work" is total hogwash. And holding out the possibility of "adding a significant piece" like Lowry in order to get everybody to squeeze in under the cap is a total smokescreen.

Here's an excellent article on nbcsports.com that makes some really good points:

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.c...trend/related/

vCash
    Just to make one more point, I am strongly wondering if when Lebron sees Carmelo grabbing that prime cheddar in the prime Los Angeles Hollywood location on the Lakers... grabbing that Laker spotlight at a full max deal and getting ready to look seriously good in deep purple and gold... I'm strongly wondering if Lebron will see what he's missing and that he's missing his chance.

It wouldn't surprise me if Lebron picked up the phone tonight and was like "wuh wuh wuh... not so fast."

vCash
    Right now, the only players deserving of max contracts are LeBron, Durant, and CP3. Anyone else falls under the max contract and that includes; Blake, Aldridge, Westbrook, Harden.

How many players can you honestly say will change the entire team and make them instant contenders? Only three comes to mind. Those are max contract players. NBA players demand way too much and it is why I can't tolerate the game at times.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FlashBolt View Post
    Right now, the only players deserving of max contracts are LeBron, Durant, and CP3. Anyone else falls under the max contract and that includes; Blake, Aldridge, Westbrook, Harden.

How many players can you honestly say will change the entire team and make them instant contenders? Only three comes to mind. Those are max contract players. NBA players demand way too much and it is why I can't tolerate the game at times.
    LoL, as so many have pointed out with Ballmer buying the Clippers for $2 billion, an object is worth whatever somebody is willing to pay for it.

Without the needlessly complex and anti-free market salary cap, all of those players you mentioned would INSTANTLY be offered significantly more than the "max deal." And if they weren't, then that is totally fine also. But everybody should make what people are willing to pay them.

LoL this is big business. Big money. Clippers = $2 billion dollars. Adjust your thinking.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sssmush View Post
    LoL, as so many have pointed out with Ballmer buying the Clippers for $2 billion, an object is worth whatever somebody is willing to pay for it.

Without the needlessly complex and anti-free market salary cap, all of those players would INSTANTLY be offered significantly more than the "max deal."

LoL this is big business. Big money. Clippers = $2 billion dollars. Adjust your thinking.
    Adjust my thinking? Clippers selling for $2 billion dollars was a mere business motive to gain fans. The hero of Clippers, the savior who took Donald Sterling out of business. I'm just appalled that you couldn't think outside the box with this one. BTW, just because Clippers sold for $2 billion, doesn't mean the fair value cost is $2 billion.

You're thinking too simplistic. You're partially agreeing with me while also debating against me. I'm simply stating that there are only a small amount of legitimate max contract players while everyone else is not a max contract. If you are paid by your abilities, that stays true. Now, if you overpay for someone, that is another discussion.

As for profitability, do you know how many NBA teams actually LOSE money? Not all NBA teams make money. Look at Nets for example. Is it okay for Joe to get overpaid while a business suffers? That's some pretty biased point of view.
    Last edited by FlashBolt; 07-06-2014 at 03:03 AM.

vCash
    I see Miami offering Melo a 2yr deal of 20mil a year, the 2nd yr is a play option opt out (so Melo can go to any team he wants to next year, if he choses to do so).

If Wade & Bosh was going to take 15mil each per year (I said if)... Then all they would have to do is take 10mil the 1st season and then their contracts jump to 20mil the 2nd yr, then it goes back down to 15mil the fallowing seasons (if Nba contracts can even do that).

Ok, now flame me...lmao

Enjoy Haters
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQkyxNNNefg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ImlKH...eature=related

Quote Originally Posted by IKnowHoops View Post
    As a rookie Micheal Beasley averaged 13.9pts per game on .472 shooting. Do you know how many times Kobe Bryant or Tracy Mcgrady shot at that percent or better? Never in there whole careers. If Beas can be what he was when he was a rookie (he won't hell be better) then the heat are coming away with another steal.

vCash

I actually think only two players deserve the Max right Now, Lbj & KD.

Enjoy Haters

As a rookie Micheal Beasley averaged 13.9pts per game on .472 shooting. Do you know how many times Kobe Bryant or Tracy Mcgrady shot at that percent or better? Never in there whole careers. If Beas can be what he was when he was a rookie (he won't hell be better) then the heat are coming away with another steal.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dade County View Post
    I see Miami offering Melo a 2yr deal of 20mil a year, the 2nd yr is a play option opt out (so Melo can go to any team he wants to next year, if he choses to do so).

If Wade & Bosh was going to take 15mil each per year (I said if)... Then all they would have to do is take 10mil the 1st season and then their contracts jump to 20mil the 2nd yr, then it goes back down to 15mil the fallowing seasons (if Nba contracts can even do that).

Ok, now flame me...lmao
    NBA contracts can't do that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Austeezy View Post
    NBA contracts can't do that.
    Thank you, I'm going to go to sleep now.

Enjoy Haters

vCash
    Adjust my thinking? Clippers selling for $2 billion dollars was a mere business motive to gain fans. The hero of Clippers, the savior who took Donald Sterling out of business. I'm just appalled that you couldn't think outside the box with this one. BTW, just because Clippers sold for $2 billion, doesn't mean the fair value cost is $2 billion.

You're thinking too simplistic. You're partially agreeing with me while also debating against me. I'm simply stating that there are only a small amount of legitimate max contract players while everyone else is not a max contract. If you are paid by your abilities, that stays true. Now, if you overpay for someone, that is another discussion.

As for profitability, do you know how many NBA teams actually LOSE money? Not all NBA teams make money. Look at Nets for example. Is it okay for Joe to get overpaid while a business suffers? That's some pretty biased point of view.
    well, I agree that many NBA teams wouldn't necessarily be profitable in a vacuum. However, without the CBA, they also wouldn't have a "minimum salary" either, so they would be free to make themselves profitable if they could fiscally manage themselves properly. As it is, 20 or so of the teams are riding on the coattails and cashing in on the gravy train that is the NBA television contract.

But as to the second point, about what something is worth, I suggest an experiment. Go to the best university you can find, find the head of the econ or finance department, or their best professor in those fields. And then ask him or her "what is a stock worth?" Or "what is [any object] worth in terms of dollars?" and then write down the answer. And then look at it for a while, and then think about it.

vCash
    But there's a cap on players salaries; there's no cap on to how much someone pays for an NBA team. Bill Gates could dangle $40 billion for the Lakers and the Busses would sell in a second but when you have to fit x number of players into x number of team salary (give or take luxury tax) then the two can't be compared. Gates couldn't then pay LeBron, Durant, CP3, Dwight, Blake, Melo, Westbrook, Love and Harden $20M each to play together.

LeBron and Durant are the only two max guys.

Also, weren't you the guy crying about how bad nbcsports was at reporting stories and news?
    Last edited by Saddletramp; 07-06-2014 at 04:25 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sssmush View Post
    So... if Miami doesn't sign them at the max, it is 100% a financial issue, trying to stay under the luxury tax. But don't get it twisted; Miami owns the Bird rights to all those guys and is completely free to sign all of them for the max. They can also go further over re-signing all of their other guys, and this could open the door for adding through trades.

So right off the bat, all of this discount Bosh-discount Wade-discount Lebron talk is absurd.

Hey, if Miami wants to be a superteam, then you know what the dealio is. As I understand it, Miami voted for the new CBA.

If Lebron Bosh and Wade were in Los Angeles they would all get paid, boom, no problem. Miami has an epic team based on three superstars, and it is totally ridiculous they talk about getting San Antonio bargains for everybody. LoL they already opted out.

Anyway, again, Miami is 100% free to re-sign Lebron, Wade and Bosh at the max if they want to. So, basically all this "drama" about who will take what discount to "make it all work" is total hogwash. And holding out the possibility of "adding a significant piece" like Lowry in order to get everybody to squeeze in under the cap is a total smokescreen.

Here's an excellent article on nbcsports.com that makes some really good points:

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.c...trend/related/
    Ironically Arison voted against the new CBA, you have it backwards. Stern and the other owners were still salty and designated Miami a "big market" which means Arison has to pay other crappy teams to exist in the league and doesn't get as much revenue sharing from the bigger markets even if under the luxury tax.

vCash

Reality Check: Miami could re-sign Lebron, Bosh and Wade at the max if it wanted to.

Can you please just stop talking.

vCash
    How I'm feeling about this thread right now

http://31.media.tumblr.com/8d66785df...rz3mo1_400.gif

Quote Originally Posted by PraiseJesus View Post
    My PREDICITON OF LEBRON GOING TO THE KNICKS WAS SPOT ON!!!!

JUST AS ALL MINE ARE.

I'M NEVER WRONG

FREE MY SOURCE PraiseJesus

vCash
    I don't think the question was ever about whether Miami could pay them all max. It's to add talent around these guys (which can't be done with they are all paid max).
    If LeBron and Melo get the max in LA, they are in no better a situation than Miami is.

If Wade and Bosh ask for max, LeBron will be on another team next year.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast