Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Is Zach Britton's sinker baseball's best pitch?

97 from the left side with incredible movement. He throws it 92% of the time and has a 78 GB%. He's had 1 horrible outing when he got lit up by the Yankees. Take that game out and he'd have an ERA around 0.50

He's a failed starter, but he' really airing it out right now in the 9th with the sinker.

vCash
    baseball doesn't have a "best pitch" but it is a really good one. Remember every hitter is different so knowing your hitter is the #1 factor obviously stuff and location are a very close 2 and 3 but I don't think you can say there is any one "best pitch"

vCash
    Clayton Kershaw curve, Kenley Jansen cutter.

http://cdn.fangraphs.com/not/wp-cont.../06/Jansen.gif

http://giant.gfycat.com/GleamingVeri...ckedlizard.gif

Btw at least post a gif if you want to make a statement like that. Btw the late movement on Jansens cutter is insane.
    Last edited by SFrush90; 07-06-2014 at 08:26 PM. Reason: PLEASE DO NOT EMBED IMAGES/VIDEOS

vCash
    IDK if it's the best but Tanaka's splitter gets a lot of hype

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Haha View Post
    What I feel right now is like the satisfaction you feel when a highly judgmental, moralistic televangelist gets caught screwing a male hooker.
    NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

Trill Team

vCash
    my point exactly... there are a lot of unhittable pitches out there it's just about having your stuff and putting them in the right spot

vCash
    One of my top/favorite reliever to starter candidates. I'd like to see him in the rotation again within a couple seasons.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DerekBrink2 View Post
    Clayton Kershaw curve, Kenley Jansen cutter.

http://cdn.fangraphs.com/not/wp-cont.../06/Jansen.gif

http://giant.gfycat.com/GleamingVeri...ckedlizard.gif

Btw at least post a gif if you want to make a statement like that. Btw the late movement on Jansens cutter is insane.
    In Kershaw's first spring training with the dodgers, Vin Scully called his curve public enemy number 1.
    His slider is public enemy number 1.1
    Last edited by SFrush90; 07-06-2014 at 08:27 PM. Reason: Edited out photos

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SenorGato View Post
    One of my top/favorite reliever to starter candidates. I'd like to see him in the rotation again within a couple seasons.
    Not me. He's pretty much an elite closer with just 1 pitch.

vCash
    If Kershaw's curve was the best pitch I'd expect him to be using it more.

Tanaka's splitter is really good though. To throw 25% of the time and still get the results he has, plus the fact that his fastball is pretty mediocre minus location. That's pretty damn good.

I would have said Rivera's cutter or Verlander's fastball or Lincecum's changeup recently. But these guys have all fell off.

It's between Tanaka's splitter and Britton's sinker for me.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by beyourself View Post
    If Kershaw's curve was the best pitch I'd expect him to be using it more.

Tanaka's splitter is really good though. To throw 25% of the time and still get the results he has, plus the fact that his fastball is pretty mediocre minus location. That's pretty damn good.

I would have said Rivera's cutter or Verlander's fastball or Lincecum's changeup recently. But these guys have all fell off.

It's between Tanaka's splitter and Britton's sinker for me.
    Kershaw is the only pitcher in baseball with 2 Grade A breaking balls and a 95 mph fastball, and a good change to boot. You're basically saying his curveball isn't as good, not because of results, but because he has other great pitches.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DerekBrink2 View Post
    Kershaw is the only pitcher in baseball with 2 Grade A breaking balls and a 95 mph fastball, and a good change to boot. You're basically saying his curveball isn't as good, not because of results, but because he has other great pitches.
    He has 3 great pitches. If I had to I'd say, I think his fastball is his best and most important pitch. But he's not like Tanaka and Britton who are known for that 1 insane offering.

When you watch Britton pitch you see everybody gearing up for 97 with movement because that's basically what he throws.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Miltstar View Post
    baseball doesn't have a "best pitch" but it is a really good one. Remember every hitter is different so knowing your hitter is the #1 factor obviously stuff and location are a very close 2 and 3 but I don't think you can say there is any one "best pitch"
    If I had to make a choice, stuff
    And location is easily more important than knowing a hitter.

vCash
    Not this year but definitely the last few I'd have to say Sergio Romo's slider to righties, I cannot remember a guy that would consistently throw balls 2-3 feet off the plate where a batters had no chance to hit it unless they threw their bat at it but would still swing at it multiple times in an AB.
    If I drive I'm going to have to have a lot of drinks because I am very self conscious about my driving.

Quote Originally Posted by Warriors4lyfe12 View Post
    Samhan actually worked out with the warriors in 2010, but elected to go overseas instead of jumping into the NBA to make his game better. Actually i would compare him to a poor mans blake griffin
    Quote Originally Posted by lvdub2741 View Post
    We gave up Monta for a Bogut but we could have kept him gotten someone like Omar Samahan who is just like Bogut and kept Monta.
    Ah, some sports fans

vCash
    Tanakas splitter is the nastiest pitch in baseball.

vCash
    That's just nasty.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast