Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





View Poll Results: PSD's Official #6 Player of All Time

Voters
90. You may not vote on this poll
  • Larry Bird

    16 17.78%
  • Tim Duncan

    27 30.00%
  • LeBron James

    11 12.22%
  • Bill Russell

    12 13.33%
  • Hakeem Olajuwon

    13 14.44%
  • Kobe Bryant

    10 11.11%
  • Moses Malone

    0 0%
  • Jerry West

    0 0%
  • Oscar Robertson

    1 1.11%
  • Jerry West

    0 0%
  • David Robinson

    0 0%
  • Elgin Baylor

    0 0%
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 87
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    New Brunswick
    Posts
    12,899
    vCash
    1500

    PSD's Official #6 NBA Player of All Time

    Voting for the #5 player of all time has concluded. The winner is...

    Shaquille O'neal

    23.7 PPG | 10.9 RPG | 2.5 AST | 2.3 BPG | .586% TS | 26.4 PER | 181.7 WS

    Achievements:

    15 time All-Star
    4 NBA Championships
    1 Time MVP
    3 Time Finals MVP
    3 Time AllStar Game MVP
    8 Time All-NBA First Teamer
    Led the League in FG% 10 times
    Led the League in PER 5 times
    6th on the all-time scoring list


    Voting:

    Shaquille O'Neal = 29 votes
    Larry Bird = 17 votes
    Tim Duncan = 15 votes
    LeBron James = 12 votes
    Bill Russell = 9 votes
    Hakeem Olajuwon = 7 votes
    Kobe Bryant = 6 votes
    Moses Malone = 1 vote
    Jerry West = 0 vote
    Oscar Robertson = 0 votes
    Julius Erving = 0 votes
    David Robinson = 0 votes
    Elgin Baylor = 0 votes

    The List:

    1. Michael Jordan
    2. Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
    3. Wilt Chamberlain
    4. Magic Johnson
    5. Shaquille O'neal

    ----------------

    Please vote, explain your vote and NOMINATE someone else to be added to the poll.
    Last edited by Bruno; 07-05-2014 at 10:51 PM.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    san diego
    Posts
    6,225
    vCash
    1500
    Kobe here, his mix of being a highly effective two way player, accolades, skills, all time stats leaderboards, and longevity, especially as a perimeter player puts him over the top IMO.
    My Ignore list: Naps, bucketss, iknowhoops....

    2014 Adopt a Packer
    Randall Cobb


    Receptions: 54
    Yards: 779
    Tds: 10

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    New Brunswick
    Posts
    12,899
    vCash
    1500
    Duncan is the best two way player left on the board. he has a good argument for the best blend of accolades, longevity, and peak out of any player left on the board.

    i think things get interesting once Duncan is off the board.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    2,917
    vCash
    833
    Quote Originally Posted by Bruno View Post
    Duncan is the best two way player left on the board. he has a good argument for the best blend of accolades, longevity, and peak out of any player left on the board.

    i think things get interesting once Duncan is off the board.
    Hakeem is still here so I doubt Duncan is the better two way player. Kobe for me and then Hakeem then Duncan.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    san diego
    Posts
    6,225
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Bruno View Post
    Duncan is the best two way player left on the board. he has a good argument for the best blend of accolades, longevity, and peak out of any player left on the board.

    i think things get interesting once Duncan is off the board.
    I give Kobe the nod due to having sustained his normal level longer, Duncan was sub par for a lot of years even with his minutes highly regulated. Also Duncan is a great big amongst a bevy of great bigs. As far as perimeter players, Kobe stands alone behind only mj right now. Also IMHO Kobe had the higher peak as well.
    Last edited by jerellh528; 07-05-2014 at 11:03 PM.
    My Ignore list: Naps, bucketss, iknowhoops....

    2014 Adopt a Packer
    Randall Cobb


    Receptions: 54
    Yards: 779
    Tds: 10

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    New Brunswick
    Posts
    12,899
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by jerellh528 View Post
    I give Kobe the nod due to having sustained his normal level longer, Duncan was sub par for a lot of year even with his minutes highly regulated. Also Duncan is a great big amongst a bevy of great bigs, as far as perimeter players, Kobe stands alone behind only mj right now.
    i agree, if I had my way I'd put kobe ahead of magic.

    that doesn't make him better than Duncan or Hakeem by default though.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    New Brunswick
    Posts
    12,899
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by FlashBolt View Post
    Hakeem is still here so I doubt Duncan is the better two way player. Kobe for me and then Hakeem then Duncan.
    hakeem has an argument. but Duncan always has a higher statistical impact at his peak in terms of advanced line. his accolades are better. hakeem holds his own in the two way player debate against Duncan but he doesn't in peak, longevity, or team success.

    despite Hakeems brilliance, why are his advanced figures so much lower than Shaq and Duncans? i think thats a debate we can have. the blind eye says Hakeem is just as good as Duncan and possibly Shaq (if not maybe better), but why don't the peak advanced lines equal each other ?

    hakeems advanced line looks a lot more like Kobes than it does Shaqs. why?

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    2,917
    vCash
    833
    Can we stop seeing LeBron votes until the latter end? There is no way you can make an argument of LeBron over Duncan, Hakeem, or Kobe.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    san diego
    Posts
    6,225
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Bruno View Post
    hakeem has an argument. but Duncan always has a higher statistical impact at his peak in terms of advanced line. his accolades are better. hakeem holds his own in the two way player debate against Duncan but he doesn't in peak, longevity, or team success.

    despite Hakeems brilliance, why are his advanced figures so much lower than Shaq and Duncans? i think thats a debate we can have. the blind eye says Hakeem is just as good as Duncan and possibly Shaq (if not maybe better), but why don't the peak advanced lines equal each other ?

    hakeems advanced line looks a lot more like Kobes than it does Shaqs. why?
    Perhaps you're looking too deep into theses advanced stats. Without digging into them I would consider Hakeem to not only be better than Duncan defensively, but offensively as well. Advanced stats can only portray so much, otherwise what's the point of having an opinion and watching the games?
    My Ignore list: Naps, bucketss, iknowhoops....

    2014 Adopt a Packer
    Randall Cobb


    Receptions: 54
    Yards: 779
    Tds: 10

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    36,626
    vCash
    1090
    Gotta vote Kobe. I'm a Lakers fan.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    10,035
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Bruno View Post
    Duncan is the best two way player left on the board. he has a good argument for the best blend of accolades, longevity, and peak out of any player left on the board.

    i think things get interesting once Duncan is off the board.
    Why all this talk of being an individual player... Being a good two way player statistically, does not correlate to having a greater impact on your team. This cannot be quantified through individual advanced statistics. Thought we were talking about All-Time greatness here, not who you would want to start a franchise with or pick on your fantasy team.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    10,035
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by FlashBolt View Post
    Can we stop seeing LeBron votes until the latter end? There is no way you can make an argument of LeBron over Duncan, Hakeem, or Kobe.
    Nice. How big of you to admit that.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    New Brunswick
    Posts
    12,899
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by jerellh528 View Post
    Perhaps you're looking too deep into theses advanced stats. Without digging into them I would consider Hakeem to not only be better than Duncan defensively, but offensively as well. Advanced stats can only portray so much, otherwise what's the point of having an opinion and watching the games?
    you mix it in with everything. eye test, numbers, accolades, team success, ect. ignoring the numbers is just as bad as relying on only the numbers.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    New Brunswick
    Posts
    12,899
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by amos1er View Post
    Why all this talk of being an individual player... Being a good two way player statistically, does not correlate to having a greater impact on your team. This cannot be quantified through individual advanced statistics. Thought we were talking about All-Time greatness here, not who you would want to start a franchise with or pick on your fantasy team.
    how do you evaluate being a good two way player statistically?

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    san diego
    Posts
    6,225
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Bruno View Post
    you mix it in with everything. eye test, numbers, accolades, team success, ect. ignoring the numbers is just as bad as relying on only the numbers.
    Exactly.
    My Ignore list: Naps, bucketss, iknowhoops....

    2014 Adopt a Packer
    Randall Cobb


    Receptions: 54
    Yards: 779
    Tds: 10

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •