Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Tanev gets 1 year, 2M

https://twitter.com/FriedgeHNIC/stat...88916359688192

That's a pretty good price for Benning. So Kassian/Tanev/Weber are all signed now. Only remaining contract is Linden Vey, but Tanev was the tricky one.
    "We earned this ****ing burn. It doesn’t matter how you get from A to B. Our goal at the beginning of this ****ing season is to win a ****ing World Series, and guess what, boys, we’re going to the ****ing dance." - The Reverend Hunter Pence

<3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck

vCash
    No arb for Vey so a deal must be done.

vCash
    Here's Vey:

Vey will make 735,000 dollars next season in Vancouver.
    https://twitter.com/News1130Sports/s...88777336766464
    "We earned this ****ing burn. It doesn’t matter how you get from A to B. Our goal at the beginning of this ****ing season is to win a ****ing World Series, and guess what, boys, we’re going to the ****ing dance." - The Reverend Hunter Pence

<3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck

vCash
    Really like how Benning works these contracts. He's basically saying to Tanev, show me what you can do this year and then we'll talk. 1 year at $2 million is a good deal. Gillis would've given Tanev 6 years at $20 million with a NTC, or something like that.

I don't know much about Vey, but all I keep hearing is good things. Hopefully he can make an impact. Team still looks like it needs to add top-end offense though.

Too bad we couldn't have signed Heatley for $1 million, like Anaheim did. Damn. Looking at the Ducks big 4: Getzlaf, Perry, Kesler, Heatley = that's darn good.