Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

Things are falling in line for...

Starlin Castro or Arismendy Alcantara to possibly be this team's next SS now that the Cubs acquired Addison Russell. I get everything is price contingent but I can't see a scenario where the Cubs keep all 3 when they have Baez as well. Opens up a very nice opportunity for the Mets to address the position adequately if they are willing to give up the pieces.

Get it done Sandy!!
    Last edited by metswon69; 07-05-2014 at 05:10 AM.

Brooklyn to Denver to L.A. to Denver and back to L.A.
    vCash

Things Are Falling In Line For......

......nothing to happen until we know how healthy Matt Harvey will be in 2015, Syndergaard's major league readiness for 2015/16 as well as the rest of our minor league pitchers, whoever they may be.

I believe SA has stated just recently he is concerned about trading away any pitching depth because of injuries and possible future injuries (what ). He wants to deepen the minors with more pitching depth before making any major moves.

NOTE: For what it is worth, another SS we can say good-bye to is Troy Tulowitzki. He only wants to go to a team which has been competing yearly. That's a fact too. He'd actually be the perfect guy to start give us the opportunity in winning now. The Mets as we all know do not meet his minimum request.

Right now, we are only in Year 4 of the 10 Year Plan.
    Last edited by Paulie6986; 07-05-2014 at 05:49 AM.

Shea Stadium Scoreboard May 31, 1964

Mets Dieharder Since '63
    Broncos Dieharder Since '73
    Los Angeles Kings Dieharder Since 1987
    Los Angeles Kings 2012 and 2014 Stanley Cup Champions -
    Denver Rockets/Nuggets Dieharder Since '73

ua you're gone, but never forgotten, R.I.P.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Starlin Castro or Arismendy Alcantara to possibly be this team's next SS now that the Cubs acquired Addison Russell. I get everything is price contingent but I can't see a scenario where the Cubs keep all 3 when they have Baez as well. Opens up a very nice opportunity for the Mets to address the position adequately if they are willing to give up the pieces.

Get it done Sandy!!
    01. Need for LFer > SS?
    02. Reynolds cheaper bang/buck down the line?

Quote Originally Posted by Paulie6986 View Post
    NOTE: For what it is worth, another SS we can say good-bye to is Troy Tulowitzki.
    Tulo is not a good fit for the Mets, age and contract.
    "The 90 wins is about challenge. It's about changing the conversation. It's about framing questions for ourselves as to how we get there. So I stand by the notion that we need to get better, and in doing so we need to set concrete goals for ourselves so that we have sort of specific conversations among ourselves about how we're going to get there." -- Mr. Alderson

vCash
    Right in line for the Yankees too who will be needing a SS with Jeter retiring.

"We have been watching and waiting, but I wouldn't say we intend to continue to do that. I think you watch and wait to try and assess a situation and act accordingly. It might involve more waiting. It might involve moving in one direction or another. We've done plenty of watching and waiting. If we can move in a particular direction, we might do that."

Sandy Alderson: 2011.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post

Get it done Sandy!!
    All 4 of them can be in the lineup together. Alcantara has been playing CF the past month. Baez was already going to be moved to either 2B or 3B and Russell can play which ever position Baez doesn't play. It won't be easy to trade for one of them it will take a lot.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gocubs2118 View Post
    All 4 of them can be in the lineup together. Alcantara has been playing CF the past month. Baez was already going to be moved to either 2B or 3B and Russell can play which ever position Baez doesn't play. It won't be easy to trade for one of them it will take a lot.
    +1 - "The Score" in Chicago spoke about that this morning. They mentioned how the players mentioned can be moved around the field. Also mentioned the Yanks were involved in the trade and could come back b/c they likely need a SS.

Now watch the Cubs trade Ramirez at the deadline to open up 3rd base. (long end to the quarter, forgot he hasn't been wearing Cubs Stripes for a while).

Regardless, the Cubs are holding the cards as Theo is being creative and now has a plethora of kids. Meanwhile . . . .
    Last edited by NYSPORTS98; 07-05-2014 at 10:09 AM.

"We have been watching and waiting, but I wouldn't say we intend to continue to do that. I think you watch and wait to try and assess a situation and act accordingly. It might involve more waiting. It might involve moving in one direction or another. We've done plenty of watching and waiting. If we can move in a particular direction, we might do that."

Sandy Alderson: 2011.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NYSPORTS98 View Post
    Right in line for the Yankees too who will be needing a SS with Jeter retiring.
    That's more what I was thinking. They can absorb that terribly long contract easily. It's cheap, but still no way in hell we make a move for Starlin considering he has pretty much $60M left on that deal. If it was such a hassle to add Granderson's contract, then no way we add Starlin unless the Cubs eat about $20M off that contract.

Makes far more sense for the Yankees with Jeter off the books. Also with Matt Reynolds hitting .400 in AAA, I think we are more likely to try that route first in September before we make a move for a SS like Castro. Earliest we trade for a SS is going to be this winter I feel.

Alcantara is more of a realistic possibility though.

vCash
    All I know is that the Cubs are going to have to make moves. So many infield players.

Anthony Rizzo, Kris Bryant, Mike Olt, Starlin Castro, Javier Baez, Arismendy Alcantara, Addison Russell, Darwin Barney, Luis Valbuena.

They have to move some of those guys for pitchers and OF.

vCash
    Yea there is no way we out bid the Yankees for Castro in the trade market. Sandy seems very reluctant to move any significant pieces from the farm.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by waveycrockett View Post
    Yea there is no way we out bid the Yankees for Castro in the trade market. Sandy seems very reluctant to move any significant pieces from the farm.
    Who are the Yankees going to trade?

ďNinety percent Iíll spend on good times, women, and Irish whiskey. The other ten percent Iíll probably waste.Ē
    - Tug McGraw, on his plans for his $75,000 salary

vCash
    Also, Bartolo Colon's stock just sky rocketed.

Hammel and Samardzjia off the market.

I still think we should keep Colon, but if a team is offering us one of their top 3 prospects in AA or higher, I'd be willing to make a move. I wouldn't deal Colon for some kid in A ball, highly touted or not (contrary to many on this forum), as it doesn't help us in 2015-2016.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    I dunno they usually get it done tho.

vCash

Cubs won't just give these guys away.

My guess is they will want stud young pitching for one of those guys.

Wheeler or Syndegaard will be the likely price for one of their SS.
    Go Grab My Belt

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    Considering the Yankees have signed 100 16-year old children this year in the IFA, they can just deal everyone older in their farm.

Also the Yankees do have some OF and pitchers in their farm. If they absorbed all the money on Castro's contract something of Gary Sanchez, Slade Heathcott, Mason Williams, Manny Banuelos, Tyler Austin, Aaron Judge, Dellin Betances would probably at least interest the Cubs.

vCash

It would take a Syndergaard flip flop for one of the 3 SS. Or possibly a Montero + Plawecki for one. Either way, we need one. And id do either of the above deals to get one.
    #oneatatime

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast